Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    If we expect to compete against another strong non-conference schedule and not only get to the tournament, but actually win some games we need another real experienced and talented player or two at the 4/5. Not somebody who just eats up minutes, gives Daum a breather or a few more fouls. We need another force in the post. I would think this year would never be more attractive for a big looking for the right situation.
    It seems like the underdogs that did well in the tournament had a common theme. They played 4 guards and a post on offense and their guards played tenacious defense that never really let the bigger schools get into their sets or an offensive rhythm . If we rolled with that theory a 3 and d guard would look awful good with this team.

Comment

Owen King
      Not to shabby of a QB in HS either. Heck of an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Not to shabby of a QB in HS either. Heck of an athlete.
        Little brothers might be even better.

Comment

If we expect to compete against another strong non-conference schedule and not only get to the tournament, but actually win some games we need another real experienced and talented player or two at the 4/5. Not somebody who just eats up minutes, gives Daum a breather or a few more fouls. We need another force in the post. I would think this year would never be more attractive for a big looking for the right situation.
          Has the big from Oral Roberts who is transferring, I think he’s from Ames IA originally, committed anywhere?

I think he’d be a great fit and am hopeful that TJ has some Ames connections.

Is he a grad transfer that could play immediately?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Has the big from Oral Roberts who is transferring, I think he’s from Ames IA originally, committed anywhere?

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Another Oral Roberts transfer. Pretty big loss for them w/ this one. He started 29 games (27.5 mins/game).

Oral Roberts F/C Javan White (RS SO) has requested his release to transfer. Grad transfer with two years of eligibility. http://verbalcommits.com/players/javan-white
            White had a visit from Ia St.

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/am...mpression=true

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this comes out. I am not betting on SDSU, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

He played two seasons and has already red-shirted, so I think he would be a sit one, play one season player. He red-shirted between the two seasons he played - if that was because of medical reasons, he could probably try to get a waiver to play a second year. But he still has to sit a year unless he has managed to graduate in three years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  He played two seasons and has already red-shirted, so I think he would be a sit one, play one season player. He red-shirted between the two seasons he played - if that was because of medical reasons, he could probably try to get a waiver to play a second year. But he still has to sit a year unless he has managed to graduate in three years.
                  Oral Roberts F/C Javan White (RS SO) has requested his release to transfer. Grad transfer with two years of eligibility. http://verbalcommits.com/players/javan-white

Comment

Teddy Allen 6'5 forward West Virginia is transferring. Originally from Mesa Az, but graduated from High School at Boys Town in Nebraska.

Comment

Any idea where he’s going?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Any idea where he’s going?
                        Sounds like he's down to Clemson and LSU according to the Twitterverse.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Sounds like he's down to Clemson and LSU according to the Twitterverse.
                          Javan White chooses Clemson.

Comment

Javan White chooses Clemson.
                            Good move by him. He’s a great player.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

By my count we have 12 scholarship players with the three incoming freshman and if Dentlinger is on scholarship. Assume we have room for one more scholarship player to get to 13. Be interesting to see who fills that slot. Wingett is probably out of reach based on current offers. Perhaps Sam Griesel in the mix. Would be nice to see a transfer big for more depth.

Comment

We landed Michael Carter III!

http://gojacks.com/news/2018/6/8/men...arter-iii.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X