Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Rosters

Default Future Rosters

The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
    Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
    Ian Theisen, Center
    Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
    Lane Severyn, Forward

Junior:
    Mike Daum, Forward
    Tevin King, Guard
    Chris Howell, Guard
    Brandon Key, Guard
    Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
    Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
    Alou Dillon, Forward
    Ryan Krueger, Guard
    Alex Arians, Guard
    Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)
    David Jenkins Jr., Guard

2018:
    Trevor Hansen, Post
    Owen King, PG
    Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 03-28-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated 3-28-17
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Default Re: Future Rosters

Isn't Beau Brown still around? He would be a redshirt freshmen. I know he isn't on scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Isn't Beau Brown still around? He would be a redshirt freshmen. I know he isn't on scholarship
    Beau was at the Jackrabbit Scholarship event.

Since we're kind of in a basketball lull right now, I thought I'd predict my 'way too soon and sure to be wrong' starting line-up for the upcoming season. Chime in with yours.

1. Orris
    2. Wallace
    3. Hess
    4. Telly
    5. Daum
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    Since we're kind of in a basketball lull right now, I thought I'd predict my 'way too soon and sure to be wrong' starting line-up for the upcoming season. Chime in with yours.

1. Orris
    2. Wallace
    3. Hess
    4. Telly
    5. Daum
    1. Gentry
    2.Wallace/King/Flatten undecided
    3.Telly
    4.Daum
    5.Thiesen

Telly at the 3 this year would be better suited for his size and give him the advantage at the 3 that some of the bigger 4's had against him last year. Dykman will be the main sub for the 4 and Daum will need to fill the 5 when Thiesen sits. Hess can come in at 2-4 and shoot from anywhere. The Jackrabbit running offense will likely give plenty of opportunity for players to be on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post

1. Orris
    2. Wallace
    3. Hess
    4. Telly
    5. Daum
    You could be right. It will be interesting to see if Thiesen will start or not (I don't think he will or should) and how he handles it. With the lack of depth at post, it makes sense to not play him and Daum at the same time. If Otz goes with the run and gun style, Thiesen could find himself on the outside looking in, because from what I have seen of him playing, it doesn't seem like he would fit that system well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    1. Gentry
    2.Wallace/King/Flatten undecided
    3.Telly
    4.Daum
    5.Thiesen

Telly at the 3 this year would be better suited for his size and give him the advantage at the 3 that some of the bigger 4's had against him last year. Dykman will be the main sub for the 4 and Daum will need to fill the 5 when Thiesen sits. Hess can come in at 2-4 and shoot from anywhere. The Jackrabbit running offense will likely give plenty of opportunity for players to be on the floor.
    Thanks for sharing...good points. I could see Telly at the 3 and possibly Dykman at the 4, but I just don't see Daum and Theisen both starting. It would not suit the style TJ wants to play and leaves us with no bigs off the bench to spell either Daum or Theisen. Fun stuff to talk about. GBGBGJ!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Why is everyone so high on Gentry? King has 4 inches and a year of experience over him...
    ďI used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what Iím with isnít it, and whatís it seems scary and wierd. Itíll happen to you.Ē ó Abe Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Why is everyone so high on Gentry? King has 4 inches and a year of experience over him...
    I see your point. I think TK plays a ton of minutes over the next 3 years at various positions...just not sure he is starting PG material.

Unfortunately, Thiesen and Daum can't both start. They probably won't be able to spend much time together on the floor. There's just not enough depth at the 4 and 5. The other three positions are looking good in talent and depth, though.
    "All right, let's do this. I've got minds to twist and values to warp." - Steven Tyler