Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

I feel Lane will still still see minutes unless Hilliard-Polk is more of a 4 than a 3. We still don't have a lot of depth at the 4/5 position especially if we have any type of injury issues. I know Dillon is coming aboard but hate to think of relying that much on a freshman.

Don't have the same feeling about Flatten tho.....for whatever reason he hasn't earned the coaches trust and there is more depth at his position.

Hope we can figure out the back up point guard position. We were at the point where we played Orris 40 per game. With only one pg coming in we are in the same predicament unless Darwich steps up. Plus our new PG is fairly sbort which may hurt us on the defensive end.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackbacker123;313038]
      Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Updated for end of season. I wonder how long it will take to learn who is leaving?[/QUOTE

After watching this season I don't see where Flatten has much of future at SDSU. I as much as any South Dakotan, I had high hopes for Skyler but it doesn't seem like TJ is on the same page.

Dykman - Seems like Doyle. I mean seriously, Theisen goes out out for how many games and you can't see the court for a minute.

Wallace, I don't know what to think.

El Darwich - Not TJ's guy, might not have a future.

Severyn - Filled a gap this year but I can't imagine is in the cards for next year.
      Dykman- unless there is more to the story it just seems like he isn't a D-I player. You'd think he'd had seem some minutes somewhere if he was.

Wallace- I don't know, those JuCo transfers are a funny thing.

El Darwich- He looked decent, and then an injury, he looked really raw.

Severyn- Why would he leave? He is a defensive glue guy, and just played 24 minutes in a NCAA tournmanet game, unless he'd qualify as a grad transfer I'm not sure why he'd leave.

Flatten- Seems like just when he is going to get a spot in the rotation he picks up one of those nagging day to say injuries that coaches hate. It did seem like he started playing more lately, he didn't play a ton yesterday, but that might have a been a matchup thing. With him I would have thought if he was going to leave he would have left already. But you never know. Also it seems like getting that yr back helps if you don't transfer.

Comment

I thought maybe Dykman was a candidate to leave too, but reading this article he seems pretty happy with where he is at.

Dykman Eager For Challenge Of Gonzaga

Comment

Now that the season is over, I'm sure the coaching staff will meet and decide how the current players fit into the future of the program. It happens in every program, but especially where a new coaching staff has completed their first season. There may be players that Otz will have the tough discussion with that they are better off looking for a new school to attend. We need to remember it happens many places, as well as it probably did here in cases like Broman and Doyle. Doesn't mean they are not good kids or players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I thought maybe Dykman was a candidate to leave too, but reading this article he seems pretty happy with where he is at.

Dykman Eager For Challenge Of Gonzaga
            So much for that, he's leaving.

Verbal Commits‏
            @VerbalCommits

South Dakota State F Adam Dykman (RS FR) is leaving the program.
            https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...03323270922240

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Now that the season is over, I'm sure the coaching staff will meet and decide how the current players fit into the future of the program. It happens in every program, but especially where a new coaching staff has completed their first season. There may be players that Otz will have the tough discussion with that they are better off looking for a new school to attend. We need to remember it happens many places, as well as it probably did here in cases like Broman and Doyle. Doesn't mean they are not good kids or players.
              Matt Donlan is another. Some may have thought he was actually a DII player based on his playing time and contributions to the team at SDSU under Coach Nagy.

Donlan scored 736 points in 2 years at Youngstown while shooting 42% from 3. Those are better numbers than Reed has put up the last 2 years.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Well, that escalated quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Well, that escalated quickly.
                  Not really a surprise. He said he was happy in that article but you dont really expect him to say he's unhappy and leaving a few days before the ncaa tourney.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Link to all transfers. https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Matt Donlan is another. Some may have thought he was actually a DII player based on his playing time and contributions to the team at SDSU under Coach Nagy.

Donlan scored 736 points in 2 years at Youngstown while shooting 42% from 3. Those are better numbers than Reed has put up the last 2 years.
                      There was an injury involved there, if you remember Donlan traveled as a red-shirting freshman, and then got hurt, then it just seemed he fell out of the rotation and plans. He found a place where he was going to be able to succeed and then got healthy and contributed for them big time.

Comment

In regards to Dykman.....

You can't reasonably expect a guy who didn't get a single minute in a game where the outcome was in doubt to come back. Especially when the two big men in front of you are not graduating and you are bringing in 2 new 6-8 freshman.

Best of luck to him, hope he does well. We also had 1-2 guys who looked disinterested in watching from the bench I would suspect 1-2 more of these announcements coming but how can you blame them. Hopefully these moves improve our roster and depth while allowing these transfers to find a better fit for their talents.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                          In regards to Dykman.....

You can't reasonably expect a guy who didn't get a single minute in a game where the outcome was in doubt to come back. Especially when the two big men in front of you are not graduating and you are bringing in 2 new 6-8 freshman.

Best of luck to him, hope he does well. We also had 1-2 guys who looked disinterested in watching from the bench I would suspect 1-2 more of these announcements coming but how can you blame them. Hopefully these moves improve our roster and depth while allowing these transfers to find a better fit for their talents.
                          My only disappointment this year is Dykman not getting an opportunity. I was hopeful after seeing that article he was coming back. Looks so athletic, but must be something he didn't show in practice.

Comment

There is no doubt that if you watched the lay-up lines when the Jacks warmed up that Dykman was one of the most athletic and explosive dunkers on the team. And he seemed to have good touch from the 3 point arc as well. It amused me how Mike Daum did the lay up line. Everyone else would come in at full speed so they could elevate to dunk. Mike would jog in and barely leave the floor for unspectacular lay ups. Guess he knew he had to conserve his energy.

Comment

Per Verbal Commits Twitter
                              South Dakota State G Andre Wallace (JR) is leaving the program. verbalcommits.com/players/andre-…

Comment

Will be interesting to see where Wallace ends up. Would guess he drops to a lower level and plays his remaining year right away. Not sure another D1 program would put him on scholarship for two years to get one season of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X