Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Rosters

The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
    Skyler Flatten, Guard (Granted Medical Waiver)
    Mike Daum, Forward
    Tevin King, Guard
    Brandon Key, Guard

Junior:
    Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Sophomore:
    David Jenkins Jr., Guard

Redshirt Freshmen:
    Alou Dillon, Forward
    Ryan Krueger, Guard
    Alex Arians, Guard
    Matt Dentlinger, Post
    Michael Carter III, PG (will be eligible for 2019-2020 season and will 3 years remaining)

Freshmen:
    Owen King, PG
    Matt Mims, PG
    Aaron Fiegen, F

2019:
    Owen Coburn, 6'10 C
    Baylor Scheierman, 6’4” PG
    Caleb Grill, 6'3 SG
    Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 08-01-2018, 11:12 AM. Reason: Updated 8/1/19
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Future Rosters

Isn't Beau Brown still around? He would be a redshirt freshmen. I know he isn't on scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      Isn't Beau Brown still around? He would be a redshirt freshmen. I know he isn't on scholarship
      Beau was at the Jackrabbit Scholarship event.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Since we're kind of in a basketball lull right now, I thought I'd predict my 'way too soon and sure to be wrong' starting line-up for the upcoming season. Chime in with yours.

1. Orris
        2. Wallace
        3. Hess
        4. Telly
        5. Daum
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Since we're kind of in a basketball lull right now, I thought I'd predict my 'way too soon and sure to be wrong' starting line-up for the upcoming season. Chime in with yours.

1. Orris
          2. Wallace
          3. Hess
          4. Telly
          5. Daum
          1. Gentry
          2.Wallace/King/Flatten undecided
          3.Telly
          4.Daum
          5.Thiesen

Telly at the 3 this year would be better suited for his size and give him the advantage at the 3 that some of the bigger 4's had against him last year. Dykman will be the main sub for the 4 and Daum will need to fill the 5 when Thiesen sits. Hess can come in at 2-4 and shoot from anywhere. The Jackrabbit running offense will likely give plenty of opportunity for players to be on the floor.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

1. Orris
            2. Wallace
            3. Hess
            4. Telly
            5. Daum
            You could be right. It will be interesting to see if Thiesen will start or not (I don't think he will or should) and how he handles it. With the lack of depth at post, it makes sense to not play him and Daum at the same time. If Otz goes with the run and gun style, Thiesen could find himself on the outside looking in, because from what I have seen of him playing, it doesn't seem like he would fit that system well.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              1. Gentry
              2.Wallace/King/Flatten undecided
              3.Telly
              4.Daum
              5.Thiesen

Telly at the 3 this year would be better suited for his size and give him the advantage at the 3 that some of the bigger 4's had against him last year. Dykman will be the main sub for the 4 and Daum will need to fill the 5 when Thiesen sits. Hess can come in at 2-4 and shoot from anywhere. The Jackrabbit running offense will likely give plenty of opportunity for players to be on the floor.
              Thanks for sharing...good points. I could see Telly at the 3 and possibly Dykman at the 4, but I just don't see Daum and Theisen both starting. It would not suit the style TJ wants to play and leaves us with no bigs off the bench to spell either Daum or Theisen. Fun stuff to talk about. GBGBGJ!
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Why is everyone so high on Gentry? King has 4 inches and a year of experience over him...
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Why is everyone so high on Gentry? King has 4 inches and a year of experience over him...
                  I see your point. I think TK plays a ton of minutes over the next 3 years at various positions...just not sure he is starting PG material.

Comment

Unfortunately, Thiesen and Daum can't both start. They probably won't be able to spend much time together on the floor. There's just not enough depth at the 4 and 5. The other three positions are looking good in talent and depth, though.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Gentry is a true point guard where King is a combo guard, hence why he'll show up on people's hypothetical lineups probably more often than Tevin. With the addition of Orris, I doubt King will play much point at all this coming year, but I still think he could be our starting 2 if he cleans up his jump shot.

Also, there are some reasons to be excited about Gentry for next year. He'll have been in the program for a year, and Coach Nagy said that Cole was ready to play this past season, but it wouldn't have been wise to forgo a redshirt year with 2 seniors at his position on the team. Coach Nagy also mentioned something along the lines of Devin Patterson being the only player in the league quicker than Gentry (can't remember the exact quote, but it was very encouraging), which is saying something considering how insanely quick Paterson was.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

I don't think they'll play the same position, tbh. King as a 2 and Gentry as a 1.

I also don't think we will/should start both bigs.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Thanks for sharing...good points. I could see Telly at the 3 and possibly Dykman at the 4, but I just don't see Daum and Theisen both starting. It would not suit the style TJ wants to play and leaves us with no bigs off the bench to spell either Daum or Theisen. Fun stuff to talk about. GBGBGJ!
                          Thiesen averaged about 17 minutes per game last year as a starter. I would not look for that to change too much. Also, we have this saying of TJ's style of ball with no real template to compare what this means other than we hope to attack on the offensive end. Will it be the phi slam dunk school or the 2 passes and launch a three or will it be the Showtime of Magic Johnson's Lakers? I am very positive about the talent on the team and I am eager to watch the changes that TJ is bringing to the Jackrabbits. I will wait to watch this machine in motion before I make judgment about how any of the talent fits. Show me.

Comment

1 Orris
                            2. Hess
                            3. Telly
                            4. Duam
                            5. Theisen

and Theisen getting first to the bench. With a crap shoot who comes in at what positions after that. I know a lot of people dont think it can work with TJs potential style of play, but having Experience is not something easy to overlook. Unless everyone else clearly outplays Theisen, he probably has a chance to start and play about 20 minutes again. Expect duam to get more minutes. losing as much talent as we did, I see our 3 main returners from last year getting starting spots and the young guys and new guys to fight for the 2 guard spots for now.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              1 Orris
                              2. Hess
                              3. Telly
                              4. Duam
                              5. Theisen

and Theisen getting first to the bench. With a crap shoot who comes in at what positions after that. I know a lot of people dont think it can work with TJs potential style of play, but having Experience is not something easy to overlook. Unless everyone else clearly outplays Theisen, he probably has a chance to start and play about 20 minutes again. Expect duam to get more minutes. losing as much talent as we did, I see our 3 main returners from last year getting starting spots and the young guys and new guys to fight for the 2 guard spots for now.
                              Before Hess arrived, I thought Telly would play the 3. I think now he stays at the 4, with Hess starting at the 3. King and Wallace will split the minutes at the off guard - not sure who starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X