X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 recruits

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I have been wondering for at least 45 years where the Peckerville name came from. This is the first time I have seen or heard this version. This is some fine thread drift.
    Believe me the rivalry was huge in the 1950's, but always thought Dogpatch was equally clever. I am not certain about the cardinal reference but makes sense. I will stop drift.

Comment

Trevor Hason has not pulled back his SDSU commitment and has not re-opened his recruitment. Ryan James of Preps Hoops Dakota posted an unfounded Tweet that was not verified with the athlete. Thus the reason the tweet was only public for 8 mins. Unfortunately you can't control Twitter and people who post mis-information.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
        Trevor Hason has not pulled back his SDSU commitment and has not re-opened his recruitment. Ryan James of Preps Hoops Dakota posted an unfounded Tweet that was not verified with the athlete. Thus the reason the tweet was only public for 8 mins. Unfortunately you can't control Twitter and people who post mis-information.
        This post is money in the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          I have been wondering for at least 45 years where the Peckerville name came from. This is the first time I have seen or heard this version. This is some fine thread drift.
          I'm from Arlington and this is the first I've heard of it as well. I should ask my dad. He played basketball for Arlington back in the 50's when a rivalry between Arlington and Volga was probably bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
            I'm from Arlington and this is the first I've heard of it as well. I should ask my dad. He played basketball for Arlington back in the 50's when a rivalry between Arlington and Volga was probably bigger.
            Do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
              Great news and thanks for the insight Cadsev - much appreciated as always!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Great news and thanks for the insight Cadsev - much appreciated as always!
                Trevor Hanson has not pulled back his commitment, but he is not receiving a scholorship from SDSU anymore either. I highly doubt that he will ever attend SDSU as part of the basketball program.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                  Trevor Hanson has not pulled back his commitment, but he is not receiving a scholorship from SDSU anymore either. I highly doubt that he will ever attend SDSU as part of the basketball program.
                  Hmmm...ok. Care to explain this a little further? So he no longer has a scholarship offer from us? If so it would seem that Ryan James' tweet might have some substance. Although Cadsev who is probably as knowledgeable as anyone seems to indicate otherwise but if you dissect his post he never says anything about there still being an offer from SDSU.

Comment

Cadsev said that Hanson has not re-opened his recruitment. If he would no longer have a commitable offer, you would think that would automatically re-open it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Cadsev said that Hanson has not re-opened his recruitment. If he would no longer have a commitable offer, you would think that would automatically re-open it.
                      Offers are not binding (for either party) until they are signed. Now you have to be careful if you start pulling committments you will lose the respect of many High School coaches and AAU/Summer Program coaches.

Now I don't know anything about the situation, but it could be a grey-shirt like situation, where SDSU now wants him to pay his way the first year and red-shirt. That would be the only thing I could think of. But again I have no real clue.

Comment

Wondering if we are recruiting Dylan LeBrun from Flandreau?

He's having a good summer so far for the Sanford Pentagon 17U team (that team also has won a national tourney) and got a nice write up by prephoops.com.

A 6'6" wing player who can do this:

https://twitter.com/ConnorLeBrun12/s...81494223822849

Seems like he has the talent to perform at the DI level.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

I've wondered that too. He's a heck of a scorer, averaging 20+ a game since his freshman year and has the size and athleticism to play D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Wondering if we are recruiting Dylan LeBrun from Flandreau?

He's having a good summer so far for the Sanford Pentagon 17U team (that team also has won a national tourney) and got a nice write up by prephoops.com.

A 6'6" wing player who can do this:

https://twitter.com/ConnorLeBrun12/s...81494223822849

Seems like he has the talent to perform at the DI level.
                            I've heard tell, that he's going to Augie?

Comment

Per Verbal Commits on twitter:

2018 Sioux Valley (SD)/South Dakota State commit F Trevor Hanson has reopened his recruitment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Per Verbal Commits on twitter:

2018 Sioux Valley (SD)/South Dakota State commit F Trevor Hanson has reopened his recruitment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                                oh no not again.

Comment

Working...
                                X