• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 recruits

Here are some links about Owen's commitment to the Jackrabbits:

NY2LA Article

KAAL TV Video/Article

News800 Video

Too bad I couldn't find much video on the kid playing basketball, but then again he hasn't even started his junior season yet.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Owen appears to be quite the quarterback. Last year as a sophomore he had 44 touchdowns to 4 interceptions in an undefeated state championship year. This year he is at 16 touchdowns to 2 interceptions through 4 games. That's pretty stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        Owen appears to be quite the quarterback. Last year as a sophomore he had 44 touchdowns to 4 interceptions in an undefeated state championship year. This year he is at 16 touchdowns to 2 interceptions through 4 games. That's pretty stellar.
        Caledonia, with Owen King at QB, won the Mn State 2A championship again 61-12, think it was 40-0 at halftime. SE Mn in general had a good season in the smaller classes. Grand Meadow won 9-man, Lourdes (Rochester) Won 3A, Rushford-Peterson lost championship game in 1A, and Winona lost in 4A championship game. 5A and 6A were not represented.

Comment

How about this guy for a transfer who can help us in a year!

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-basket...2680cb6e8.html

Comment

He will go to creighton or Nebraska

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Supposedly he is transferring because he didn't like the position he was playing. I would assume he would play that sake position for us.

Comment

Per @PrepHoopsDakota The recruitment of 2018 Sioux Valley C Trevor Hanson has been reopened. He is no longer committed to South Dakota State

Comment

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                  Per @PrepHoopsDakota The recruitment of 2018 Sioux Valley C Trevor Hanson has been reopened. He is no longer committed to South Dakota State
                  Not surprised, this was a Nagy action.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Hanson was offered and verballed last May. This was done on TJ's clock. I have heard Hanson is starting to blow up on the AAU circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I agree. Thought this would be coming.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Hanson was offered and verballed last May. This was done on TJ's clock. I have heard Hanson is starting to blow up on the AAU circuit.
                        You are right. The Argus article is still out on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack
                          1. Looks like the tweet has been deleted but Hanson's scholarship has been pulled.

2. Nagy did not recruit him AJ did.

3. He had a good AAU spring last year when they offered him. They have only played in one tournament so far this spring so you can't say he has started to "blow up the aau circuit"
                          AJ is now recruiting for the men's program? I think you mean TJ. So much for being a smooth. Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack
                            Thank you, Fixed.
                            you are welcome, we all make a few now and then. I am sure that Nagy did have something to do with this deal. TJ may have finished the deal, whatever it involves. Klink no doubt was in the middle on this one.

Comment

If true, I can understand the coaching staff's position. A year ago, TJ had no idea what caliber of recruits he could bring to Brookings. If the coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Hanson may not fit into their system as well as other potential recruits, it's better for both the program and the young man to move on while there is still plenty of time for Hanson to find a better fit. We have all seen players who have come here and spent two or three years sitting on the bench before moving on to another program. It's better for the player to start out in a program where they con contribute right away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                If true, I can understand the coaching staff's position. A year ago, TJ had no idea what caliber of recruits he could bring to Brookings. If the coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Hanson may not fit into their system as well as other potential recruits, it's better for both the program and the young man to move on while there is still plenty of time for Hanson to find a better fit. We have all seen players who have come here and spent two or three years sitting on the bench before moving on to another program. It's better for the player to start out in a program where they con contribute right away.
                                Trying to read between the lines. Could Hanson's talent be greater than the Jack program has to offer? Those commenting on the AAU play seem to think so. I am sure TJ has a better notion of who he can recruit here now. He seems to have a very good handle on the Milwaukee area, which our past coaches seem to avoided completely. It does make me wonder how mutual this decision was to both parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X