X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 recruits

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Is Andy Kleinjan one of those three? I did realize Vincent has been there that long. Who is the third SDSU?
    Andy Kleinjan
    Dwight Pedersen
    *Trevor Hanson

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
      Andy Kleinjan
      Dwight Pedersen
      *Trevor Hanson
      Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
        What? Nothing? Come on Nidaros, you got to remember Charlie Brown and Gene Vostad, VHS 1964, both played for a time with the Minnesota Vikings.
        Wasn't Charlie Brown drafted or signed by the Rams or 49ers originally? I remember Gene saying that he had never seen anything like center Mick Tingelhoff, as he was like a giant cat cause no one could knock him off his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
          Wasn't Charlie Brown drafted or signed by the Rams or 49ers originally? I remember Gene saying that he had never seen anything like center Mick Tingelhoff, as he was like a giant cat cause no one could knock him off his feet.
          I think the Niners, but later was a free agent signer with the Vikings. One year Carl Eller held out for quite some time and Charlie was one of the last cuts when Eller came back. Volga,/Sioux Valley has had some fine athletes graduate from there.

Comment

Per @prephoopsdakota:

2018 Trevor Hanson has committed to South Dakota State. @Trevorhans55G is a 6-7 big from Sioux Valley and The Dakota Schoolers
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Per @prephoopsdakota:

2018 Trevor Hanson has committed to South Dakota State. @Trevorhans55G is a 6-7 big from Sioux Valley and The Dakota Schoolers
              I am pleasantly surprised by this move, as I thought with all the AAU activity he might be exploring other options. This is good news.

Comment

Per Verbal Commits- Jason Taylor 2018 6-11 230 lb C from Rock Valley, Iowa has an offer from the Jacks. Hope a couple of former Rock Valley men can say a good word or two. He also has an offer from UND.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                  Per Verbal Commits- Jason Taylor 2018 6-11 230 lb C from Rock Valley, Iowa has an offer from the Jacks. Hope a couple of former Rock Valley men can say a good word or two. He also has an offer from UND.
                  Very limited video on the Mr. Taylor, but he'll definitely be a project for whoever he commits to. Interesting that he weighs in around 240 lbs before his junior year of high school. Most 6'11" kids are rails when they are that young due to their rapid growth spurt, but that doesn't appear to be the case for Jason.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                    Do we know if this offer is still good? It was extended last August with prior coaching staff.

Comment

I've watched him play in person a few times and have to say I was not too impressed. Doesn't seem to play to big and does not move his feet well on defense. His current defense in high school is stand in the lane with arms up, not much movement. Offensively there was nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Jacks have offered Owen King, a 6'2 guard out of Caledonia, MN.

Not a lot of info on him, but he apparently already played in 3 state tournaments according to this article/video, and he'll only be a junior this upcoming season.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Not a lot of info on him, but he apparently already played in 3 state tournaments according to this article/video, and he'll only be a junior this upcoming season.
                          Caledonia has been one of the better coached programs in Mn. Won't find much argument about that statement from anyone in this area. PEM (Plainview-Elgin-Millville) is another program that is always near the top. For smaller schools, it's always fun to see them play with or defeat the much larger local or cities teams in the Holiday tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Ryan James@RyanJamesMN 4m4 minutes ago
                            2018 point guard Owen King of Caledonia/WI Playmakers committed to South Dakota State

https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...30087827968000
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              [FONT="]Ryan James@RyanJamesMN 4m4 minutes ago[/FONT]
                              2018 point guard Owen King of Caledonia/WI Playmakers committed to South Dakota State

https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...30087827968000
                              Great get! Might grow another inch or two. Probably would have had some high major offers in Football, but first love basketball.

Comment

I think he's a fantastic get for our Rabbits. Smart player & is a winner. Here is an article from today's LaCrosse Tribune.

http://m.lacrossetribune.com/sports/...41fa71842.html

Comment

Working...
                                X