X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I don't disagree with above posts, but we could be so much more competitive with Power 5's with another experienced big from the Juco or Grad transfer ranks. I would think it would be a relatively easy sell playing along side Daum and strong possibility of playing in the tournament.
    You may be entirely right, but it seems to me if we try to match up position for position we would lose the skill level battle most every time just based on who we are able to recruit. I would think having a different scheme and being better at it would be the way to go....but then again, that's probably why I'm not a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Zing.
      Ha! I'm not saying that Ian was bad. He played his role adequately. Just pointing out we've got some red shirts that nobody on this board has seen play. Unknown commodity to us but not to the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Ha! I'm not saying that Ian was bad. He played his role adequately. Just pointing out we've got some red shirts that nobody on this board has seen play. Unknown commodity to us but not to the coaching staff.
        There are loads of players that look like studs warming up that turn out to be duds when they actually get into a game. That being said, Alou Dillon really looked good in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Tell me about it. I thought I was a modern day Larry Bird, when in actuality I looked like...

https://youtu.be/IV84ha3uEGg
          Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          There are loads of players that look like studs warming up that turn out to be duds when they actually get into a game. That being said, Alou Dillon really looked good in Sioux Falls.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I don't disagree with above posts, but we could be so much more competitive with Power 5's with another experienced big from the Juco or Grad transfer ranks. I would think it would be a relatively easy sell playing along side Daum and strong possibility of playing in the tournament.
            Everyone wants a JUCO big or transfer big. They don’t go to mid majors.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Be a shame if we don't add another big to the talent we have have coming back.
              I fully admit I could be reading into this way too much, but the coaching staff not aggressively pursuing a juco/grad transfer option at the 4/5 spot this off-season might suggest that Dillon and Dentlinger are farther along than the typical fan may be aware of. If the coaches thought we'd have a hole in the lineup of a team that's built for a post season run, they'd likely have a lot of known offers, even to some players that might be considered a little bit of a reach. I have yet to see any transfer post players claim they held a workout/offer from the Jackrabbits on social media.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                I fully admit I could be reading into this way too much, but the coaching staff not aggressively pursuing a juco/grad transfer option at the 4/5 spot this off-season might suggest that Dillon and Dentlinger are farther along than the typical fan may be aware of. If the coaches thought we'd have a hole in the lineup of a team that's built for a post season run, they'd likely have a lot of known offers, even to some players that might be considered a little bit of a reach. I have yet to see any transfer post players claim they held a workout/offer from the Jackrabbits on social media.
                Coaches can keep interest in a player pretty quiet if they want. A year ago Otz made a number of Sunday drives to Wichita during the season to watch David Jenkins,Jr. If I remember correctly, no one knew anything about DJJ until his signing was announced. I would guess the coaching staff has made some inquiries this off-season that we didn't hear about.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Coaches can keep interest in a player pretty quiet if they want. A year ago Otz made a number of Sunday drives to Wichita during the season to watch David Jenkins,Jr. If I remember correctly, no one knew anything about DJJ until his signing was announced. I would guess the coaching staff has made some inquiries this off-season that we didn't hear about.
                  While it was true that it was quiet on the David Jenkins Jr. front until his verbal, it was known he had an offer from the Jacks quite a while back.

But I do agree, the coaches can keep it on the down low if they feel the need.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I think Alou Dillon will surprise some people. He was a pretty good recruit for the Jackrabbits.

It was a great situation for him to redshirt with Daum and Thiesen in front of him.

He is a physical specimen, for sure. And, he plays similar to Daum... in that he can shoot it from deep (not as well, but who does?), and has the ability to put it on the floor.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOtYEAQ9sA

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      I think Alou Dillon will surprise some people. He was a pretty good recruit for the Jackrabbits.

It was a great situation for him to redshirt with Daum and Thiesen in front of him.

He is a physical specimen, for sure. And, he plays similar to Daum... in that he can shoot it from deep (not as well, but who does?), and has the ability to put it on the floor.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOtYEAQ9sA
                      I agree with this as I think Alou has potential to really contribute. Would still love to see another inside force.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        You may be entirely right, but it seems to me if we try to match up position for position we would lose the skill level battle most every time just based on who we are able to recruit. I would think having a different scheme and being better at it would be the way to go....but then again, that's probably why I'm not a coach.
                        I agree with this 100%. How many times do you see a mid major have a couple big men who can go toe to toe with a P5 team? Usually most mid majors win with great guard play and good shooting if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Looks like the coaching staff just extended an offer to 6'5" G/F Deon Lyle, who is a "sit 1 / play 1" transfer out of UT - San Antonio. Originally from Hastings, NE. 11.3 ppg / 3.7 rpg / .416 FG / .403 3PT during his junior year at UTSA.

I'd link his highlight video, but the editing was so atrocious that it gave me a head ache and I abide by the Geneva Convention laws against torture.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Looks like the coaching staff just extended an offer to 6'5" G/F Deon Lyle, who is a "sit 1 / play 1" transfer out of UT - San Antonio. Originally from Hastings, NE. 11.3 ppg / 3.7 rpg / .416 FG / .403 3PT during his junior year at UTSA.

I'd link his highlight video, but the editing was so atrocious that it gave me a head ache and I abide by the Geneva Convention laws against torture.
                            One thing this would do would be to help even out the classes a bit, as we currently do not have a junior on scholarship. And with three starters leaving, we are going to need someone who can step in and provide some scoring right away.

Comment

Hoping to see another addition to this roster.

Comment

Wrong thread - El Darwich signed with the University of Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X