This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 recruits

Does dead period end Monday? Who are we bringing in this weekend? We need a strong finish to this class.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      Does dead period end Monday? Who are we bringing in this weekend? We need a strong finish to this class.
      For basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        For basketball?
        No football

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Owen King was just named as the AP Minnesota High School Football player of the year.
          Owen King is also one of the five finalists for Minnesota Mr. Basketball. He isn't likely to win that, but being in the top 5 for both sports is something that doesn't happen very often.

Comment

Owen King is also one of the five finalists for Minnesota Mr. Basketball. He isn't likely to win that, but being in the top 5 for both sports is something that doesn't happen very often.
            Were any of the committed or prospective recruits in attendence for the tournament? What a recruiting tool!

Comment

Really good game tonight at the Class A State Tournament between Madison and Sioux Valley. Former commit, Trevor Hanson, had a huge game posting 28 points and 11 rebounds, but Madison came out on top 58-55 behind Aaron Fiegen who had had 14 points and 11 rebounds. The future Jackrabbit WR's Jadon and Jaxon Janke combined for 24 points. Madison will play in the championship tomorrow night, as well as WBB signee Paition Burckhard and her Aberdeen Central team.

Comment

Anyone interested in seeing Jacks recruit Owen King or for that matter any of the MN HS State tournament action can find it here for one day. Overall MN does a bad job covering the tourney and restricts many of those who could cover it well from doing so. Either way, here is the link. Caledonia vs Minnewaska is at 8pm tonight (Wed) http://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL

Comment

Watching Owen King play in the 2A Championship against a good Minnehaha Academy team who has Sophmore phenom Jalen Suggs. We are getting a good one in King. Has 2 brothers who start. Hate watching basketball without a shot clock!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Watching Owen King play in the 2A Championship against a good Minnehaha Academy team who has Sophmore phenom Jalen Suggs. We are getting a good one in King. Has 2 brothers who start. Hate watching basketball without a shot clock!
                    Yes, 8th grade Eli King is someone who should be watched by recruiters, as well as over half the Minnehaha team.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                      Yes, 8th grade Eli King is someone who should be watched by recruiters, as well as over half the Minnehaha team.
                      I just saw their first round game . The soph King, Noah, looked really good in that game after Owen dinged his back. If I remember correctly, hasn't Otz offered Noah ? I think Suggs from Minnehaha is beyond our reach. Last I saw, he was ranked second nationally in his recruiting class and has all the blue blood programs coming in to watch him.

Comment

I just saw their first round game . The soph King, Noah, looked really good in that game after Owen dinged his back. If I remember correctly, hasn't Otz offered Noah ? I think Suggs from Minnehaha is beyond our reach. Last I saw, he was ranked second nationally in his recruiting class and has all the blue blood programs coming in to watch him.
                        GO AFTER HIM, ANYWAYS!!!!!!
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I thought the first basket for Calendonia by the 8th grader was an impressive drive to the rim. Verbal commits has SDSU offering to Noah too, but the best King may be the 8th grader but lots of time for that to be determined. Looking forward to Owen tearing up the Summit for several years.

Comment

Zimmer recently speculated that King is probably the most likely incoming freshman to play next year. What do those of you have seen him play think? Is he more of a PG or a 2? We’re pretty set at the point with TK, Key and possibly Ariens. Would he backup Jenkins?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Zimmer recently speculated that King is probably the most likely incoming freshman to play next year. What do those of you have seen him play think? Is he more of a PG or a 2? We’re pretty set at the point with TK, Key and possibly Ariens. Would he backup Jenkins?
                              As I said earlier, I just saw the quarterfinal game, and Owen got fouled hard on a layup only a minute or two into the game and fell off the raised floor in Williams Arena. He hurt his back and went back to the locker room. When he came out, you could tell it was affecting his game, and didn't have a great night shooting. But you could still tell he is a very good player. The whole team was really aggressive on defense. You can tell he is also a football player as he definitely is not a skinny kid who needs time to develop his body. I would see him as more of a 2. Caledonia didn't use him at the point so it was hard to evaluate him there, but he seemed to have good handles, and could probably play some minutes there as well. I could definitely see him playing right away.

Comment

I see King as more of a 2 with Mims as a point. I think both could benefit from a redshirt year as we are good at both next year. King is a Big 10 caliber quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                                X