Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2018 recruits

Default Re: 2018 recruits

I think Alou Dillon will surprise some people. He was a pretty good recruit for the Jackrabbits.

It was a great situation for him to redshirt with Daum and Thiesen in front of him.

He is a physical specimen, for sure. And, he plays similar to Daum... in that he can shoot it from deep (not as well, but who does?), and has the ability to put it on the floor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOtYEAQ9sA

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    I think Alou Dillon will surprise some people. He was a pretty good recruit for the Jackrabbits.

It was a great situation for him to redshirt with Daum and Thiesen in front of him.

He is a physical specimen, for sure. And, he plays similar to Daum... in that he can shoot it from deep (not as well, but who does?), and has the ability to put it on the floor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOtYEAQ9sA
    I agree with this as I think Alou has potential to really contribute. Would still love to see another inside force.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    You may be entirely right, but it seems to me if we try to match up position for position we would lose the skill level battle most every time just based on who we are able to recruit. I would think having a different scheme and being better at it would be the way to go....but then again, that's probably why I'm not a coach.
    I agree with this 100%. How many times do you see a mid major have a couple big men who can go toe to toe with a P5 team? Usually most mid majors win with great guard play and good shooting if Iím not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Looks like the coaching staff just extended an offer to 6'5" G/F Deon Lyle, who is a "sit 1 / play 1" transfer out of UT - San Antonio. Originally from Hastings, NE. 11.3 ppg / 3.7 rpg / .416 FG / .403 3PT during his junior year at UTSA.

I'd link his highlight video, but the editing was so atrocious that it gave me a head ache and I abide by the Geneva Convention laws against torture.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Looks like the coaching staff just extended an offer to 6'5" G/F Deon Lyle, who is a "sit 1 / play 1" transfer out of UT - San Antonio. Originally from Hastings, NE. 11.3 ppg / 3.7 rpg / .416 FG / .403 3PT during his junior year at UTSA.

I'd link his highlight video, but the editing was so atrocious that it gave me a head ache and I abide by the Geneva Convention laws against torture.
    One thing this would do would be to help even out the classes a bit, as we currently do not have a junior on scholarship. And with three starters leaving, we are going to need someone who can step in and provide some scoring right away.

Hoping to see another addition to this roster.

Wrong thread - El Darwich signed with the University of Maine.

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

From what I can see it appears Wright State has offered him. He also attended Sunrise Christian Academy just like Jenkins. Assume this is the same school.

According to verbal commits.com he received an offer yesterday.