Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 recruits

Default Re: 2018 recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Zimmer recently speculated that King is probably the most likely incoming freshman to play next year. What do those of you have seen him play think? Is he more of a PG or a 2? Were pretty set at the point with TK, Key and possibly Ariens. Would he backup Jenkins?
    As I said earlier, I just saw the quarterfinal game, and Owen got fouled hard on a layup only a minute or two into the game and fell off the raised floor in Williams Arena. He hurt his back and went back to the locker room. When he came out, you could tell it was affecting his game, and didn't have a great night shooting. But you could still tell he is a very good player. The whole team was really aggressive on defense. You can tell he is also a football player as he definitely is not a skinny kid who needs time to develop his body. I would see him as more of a 2. Caledonia didn't use him at the point so it was hard to evaluate him there, but he seemed to have good handles, and could probably play some minutes there as well. I could definitely see him playing right away.

I see King as more of a 2 with Mims as a point. I think both could benefit from a redshirt year as we are good at both next year. King is a Big 10 caliber quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I see King as more of a 2 with Mims as a point. I think both could benefit from a redshirt year as we are good at both next year. King is a Big 10 caliber quarterback.
    He says he is dedicated to basketball and you can't fault him for that. Watching him in all the state football championship games, he was just magic. S'pose some of that could be having a great team around him. Guess my point is that if his freshman year doesn't go as planned, he has more options than most. Who wouldn't want a sky's the limit QB on their roster?

Matt Mims mixtape highlight reel that was recently posted:

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Looks good to me. Welcome Matt Mims

The Spring signing period begins Wednesday and it will be interesting to see if the Jacks do anything right away. Things have certainly been quiet, but maybe that's a good sign as I don't remember any leaks on DJJ last year before he signed. So hopefully no news is good news !

Per Tweet from @Sean_Bock Former Iowa guard Brady Ellingson has received interest from South Dakota State and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, per a source. Eligible immediately as a grad transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Per Tweet from @Sean_Bock Former Iowa guard Brady Ellingson has received interest from South Dakota State and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, per a source. Eligible immediately as a grad transfer.
    Hes a shooter and just an okay one that. He will not be a difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    Hes a shooter and just an okay one that. He will not be a difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Nagy recruited him out of high school, if I remember right...

IDK, I kinda agree with you as he's nothing fancy, in terms of a grad transfer, but I think he could have a place

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Ellingson is going to Drake per his Twitter.