X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 recruits

Per @wisbbyearbook:

Waunakee/WI Swing 2018 WG Mitch Listau (6-4) has picked up a NCAA Division I offer from South Dakota State.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: 2018 recruits

Per @ia_barnstormers:

6'2" 2018 PG AJ Green of Cedar Falls received a scholarship offer from new HC @coachotz at SDSU.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Per @ia_barnstormers:

6'2" 2018 PG AJ Green of Cedar Falls received a scholarship offer from new HC @coachotz at SDSU.
      I believe this is the son of UNI assistant Kyle Green. Some thought Kyle would be in discussion for our head job.

Comment

Per @ia_barnstormers:

Not sure I can envision him going anywhere but UNI.

Comment

Per @prephoopsdakota:

South Dakota State has offered 2018 big Trevor Hanson of Sioux Valley/Dakota Schoolers.

Comment

Per @prephoopsdakota:

South Dakota State has offered 2018 big Trevor Hanson of Sioux Valley/Dakota Schoolers.
            Anyone seen this kid play?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I haven't but he is listed at 6'7" and if Dakota Schoolers have him on their roster, he is very likely legit. I know nothing good comes out of VOLGA. Boxerboy will not like that comment, but I am being sarcastic. The coach whose last name is Vincent is well thought of in Volga in fact he has a son who is also a very good player. Doing a google on Hanson, a number of stories come up plus Sioux Valley won the consolation at Class A level this past winter.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Yes, I have seen him play numerous times. Talk to Bill Vincent quite a bit and Hans has been having a great spring ball season.

Most recently, saw him in Dallas a few weeks ago at the NY2LA Basketball Lone Star Invitational. Saw three of the four games they played. He's a strong rebounder and finishes well around the rim. He can shoot the three on occasion. He averaged 10.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in Dallas. He played well in front of most of the Summit League coaches that were there, as well as Nagy and Cooley.

He's a gentle giant on that Sioux Valley team as he had Tayt and Collin Kramer in front of him most of the time, but I see him getting a lot more exposure these next two season. If Kent Mueller says he's good, I'll take his word. Hans could be a steal, and I think from what I've heard he could be better than Cole Bergan from Aberdeen, who also has an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                  Yes, I have seen him play numerous times. Talk to Bill Vincent quite a bit and Hans has been having a great spring ball season.

Most recently, saw him in Dallas a few weeks ago at the NY2LA Basketball Lone Star Invitational. Saw three of the four games they played. He's a strong rebounder and finishes well around the rim. He can shoot the three on occasion. He averaged 10.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in Dallas. He played well in front of most of the Summit League coaches that were there, as well as Nagy and Cooley.

He's a gentle giant on that Sioux Valley team as he had Tayt and Collin Kramer in front of him most of the time, but I see him getting a lot more exposure these next two season. If Kent Mueller says he's good, I'll take his word. Hans could be a steal, and I think from what I've heard he could be better than Cole Bergan from Aberdeen, who also has an offer.
                  Thanks for the information. He is a bit of a surprise and perhaps a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post

Trevor was injured for most of last season. I can't remember what was wrong with him but Sioux Valley missed him. It's tough saying that about a team that got 5th at state but they did.

Hansen was part of a four man team for Sioux Valley. They were missing the player that showed the most toughness. They had several other "role" players but their last game of the season Kramer shot 10 times, Tayt shot 14 times, Trevor Olson shot 8 times, Hanson shot 9 times and the rest of the team shot 6 times.
                    I think I remember a game when Hanson was injured the other 3 players shot 36 of the teams 42 shots (or something like that).

When he was a freshmen, him and a player from either Parker or McCook(??) hooked their arms above their heads. Neither player wanted to let go. Later in the game, that other player pushed Hansen and got kicked out of the game. I didn't see who started it so I can't say what really happened. I don't think he plays dirty just physical.

I've HEARD that coach Vincent doesn't want his players to lift weights. You can tell that by most of their players but not Hansen. He will go down low and mix it up with anybody. Kramer may be 6'6" but he likes playing on the perimeter or drive for dunks. I think every starter for SV was around 6'3" or taller but Hansen was their only player that wanted to play in the post(maybe Tayt once in a while).
                    Last edited by 91jack; 05-05-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

He had a stress fracture in his foot. Occurred during the Deuel or Hamlin game and he missed about six weeks. Sioux Valley has some good talent coming up. Olson would have been on the same Schoolers team as Vincent and Hanson this year, but Paul needed to balance out the talent. This Schoolers 17U squad is guard heavy but the 16U team is letting Olson be the star.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I haven't but he is listed at 6'7" and if Dakota Schoolers have him on their roster, he is very likely legit. I know nothing good comes out of VOLGA. Boxerboy will not like that comment, but I am being sarcastic. The coach whose last name is Vincent is well thought of in Volga in fact he has a son who is also a very good player. Doing a google on Hanson, a number of stories come up plus Sioux Valley won the consolation at Class A level this past winter.
                        What? Nothing? Come on Nidaros, you got to remember Charlie Brown and Gene Vostad, VHS 1964, both played for a time with the Minnesota Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                          What? Nothing? Come on Nidaros, you got to remember Charlie Brown and Gene Vostad, VHS 1964, both played for a time with the Minnesota Vikings.
                          Oh I forget, but current bunch of Cossacks could set some records before they done. Trevor could be a steal if he signs with SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Oh I forget, but current bunch of Cossacks could set some records before they done. Trevor could be a steal if he signs with SDSU.
                            Vincent has coached a TON of great basketball players at SV. I was very surprised that he didn't get the Mitchell job a few years ago, maybe he didn't apply?

According to the SD Basketball Coaches Association, Sioux Valley has had 14 players named to an all state team since he became coach in 1998 (for the sake of comparison, Madison has had 11 during the same time period). If Hanson ends up at SDSU, he will have coached 3 SDSU players during their high school careers. Another player was also a 3 time NAIA all american at Northwestern in Orange City, IA.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Vincent has coached a TON of great basketball players at SV. I was very surprised that he didn't get the Mitchell job a few years ago, maybe he didn't apply?

According to the SD Basketball Coaches Association, Sioux Valley has had 14 players named to an all state team since he became coach in 1998 (for the sake of comparison, Madison has had 11 during the same time period). If Hanson ends up at SDSU, he will have coached 3 SDSU players during their high school careers. Another player was also a 3 time NAIA all american at Northwestern in Orange City, IA.
                              Is Andy Kleinjan one of those three? I did not realize Vincent has been there that long. Who is the third SDSU?l
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 05-06-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X