Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 " too early " bracketology

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SDSU comes in at #24 in College Sports Madness Top 44 Women's College Basketball Teams for the 2016-2017 Season.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13668

SDSU was #43 last season
    It says Stevens is back this year, but I thought she was still out because of transferring again? It says because of injury but unless something I haven't heard.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      It says Stevens is back this year, but I thought she was still out because of transferring again? It says because of injury but unless something I haven't heard.
      It may be a surprise for the team too.
      http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/4/8...px?path=wbball
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        This grabbed my attention also so I tweeted Zim...figured he'd be in the know. He said she is sitting out this season.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

A glimpse of the women.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcpg...ature=youtu.be
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

AJ mentioned that both Louisville and Oklahoma should be in the top 15 this year and that both will be coming to Frost next year. I also found it noteworthy that he took a moment to mention the incoming class for 2017 (including the transfers) during this particular press conference. I'd say that he is expecting big things down the road.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology
              #9 for the bracket looking down barrel of SC.

Comment

Yikes. That makes a 10/11/12 seed look pretty good!

Comment

Nine and eight seeds are not good at all as they have the dubious distinction of playing the number one seed in the second rd game.Just about anything is better,even if it's playing a number two seed the second round, like we had to in 2009 against #2 seed Baylor.

Comment

Well,the 2016-2017 season starts in four days and I'm really hyped up for it to begin.All positions on the floor are dynamite,no weakness at all. Ober,the best center we've ever had,or certainly one of the best. She plays her position very,very good,no matter the opposing players. Ellie ("Thompson went right through the whole Cardinal defense" quote by Bob Picozzi) Thompson,probably the best Power Forward we've ever had. Macy Miller,fast becoming a well known name in WBB,with good reason,she's a great scorer and alway's gets her points . Kerri Young,does everything ,just a dynamite all around player,scores on drive,post up,or at range,great passer and gets lot's of assists,runs the floor like it's 64' long,instead of 94'. Then there's Guebert,one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation,great defender,and can score by getting to the hoop too (reminds me of Jill Young,another great but different time).And,I might add,all these women are unselfish and play team ball,but can score on their own if that's what is needed too.Great team chemistry and lots of camaraderie.It's really a fun team to watch when they really get it rolling.

That's just the starting five,then we have our bench ,alway's a vital component on any team,but especially ours, when we sub,there's hardly any drop off,many times it's a little spark we need.These players on the bench are special players in their own right,some future stars,We have no bad players on our bench because we don't recruit poor players,period.They are just biding time to become the go to players of the future.There's a reason we've drawn some attention,it's because we earned it.

Special shout out to coach Roos for calling all her freinds about the Jacks WBB team being a legit top 25 team last year ,and her kind words and pretty accurate prediction of our potential in the 2016 NCAA Tournament.Also coach Paul,who made a similar observation.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-07-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I'm excited as well. Honestly, I really like the OOC portion of the women's schedule because it seems good teams are much more willing to schedule really good mid majors that their counterparts on the men's side. The fact that we can get top 25 teams to schedule 1 for 1's with us is really exciting.

Obviously our starting five is excellent. I feel pretty confident in our 8 deep (with Palmer, Alexander, and Tracy). Not near as confident once we go deeper to the bench than that. I've really liked what I have seen with Palmer, think she has 6th player of the year type of ability. Alexander does what she does, but would like to see her penetrate and create more this year. Tracy seems the most ready of all the newcomers and has nice ability. Will be exciting to see the difference in her game at the end of the year versus now.

Beyond that, there are a lot of question marks in my mind. I can see Viso getting some bit minutes and she has actually looked good this pre-season. She has a nice looking jump shot. The rest of the team has many question marks and I feel there is a very significant drop off between them and who they are replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        I'm excited as well. Honestly, I really like the OOC portion of the women's schedule because it seems good teams are much more willing to schedule really good mid majors that their counterparts on the men's side. The fact that we can get top 25 teams to schedule 1 for 1's with us is really exciting.

Obviously our starting five is excellent. I feel pretty confident in our 8 deep (with Palmer, Alexander, and Tracy). Not near as confident once we go deeper to the bench than that. I've really liked what I have seen with Palmer, think she has 6th player of the year type of ability. Alexander does what she does, but would like to see her penetrate and create more this year. Tracy seems the most ready of all the newcomers and has nice ability. Will be exciting to see the difference in her game at the end of the year versus now.

Beyond that, there are a lot of question marks in my mind. I can see Viso getting some bit minutes and she has actually looked good this pre-season. She has a nice looking jump shot. The rest of the team has many question marks and I feel there is a very significant drop off between them and who they are replacing.
                        Agree,Flaata has had flashes of great play,finishes well around the hoop if she's relatively open.It will be her and Mieras at Center after Ober leaves,we'll see how fast Bultsma progresses.Graettinger hasn't played,can't evaluate her play.Viso and Trimboli (USD)were kind of the cream of the crop for junior college players in the same conference when both us and USD aquired them.Both seemed to adjust pretty well to Div 1 basketball.That's about it,I think Lexi could have a breakout year this her Jr year.We should be able to score pretty easily,lots of weapons.

Comment

With the "Conference " play,we can pretty much sub in about everyone,OOC is different ballgame,not a time for player development,need experienced players.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            With the "Conference " play,we can pretty much sub in about everyone,OOC is different ballgame,not a time for player development,need experienced players.
                            The problem with this is outside the starting 5 and Lexi, who can we bring off the bench that has experience and doesn't need some development? I assume the bench is going to be more shallow during the OOC and then he will work on developing the younger players during conference season with the hopes a couple of them can give quality minutes come tourney time. I feel safe that by that point we will be able to 3 deep off the bench, but any more than that is going to take someone showing me something they haven't so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              The problem with this is outside the starting 5 and Lexi, who can we bring off the bench that has experience and doesn't need some development? I assume the bench is going to be more shallow during the OOC and then he will work on developing the younger players during conference season with the hopes a couple of them can give quality minutes come tourney time. I feel safe that by that point we will be able to 3 deep off the bench, but any more than that is going to take someone showing me something they haven't so far.
                              Agreed, but I also can't remember the last season that we didn't have a freshman make a major contribution. It seems like Tracy has the potential to keep tradition going.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                Agreed, but I also can't remember the last season that we didn't have a freshman make a major contribution. It seems like Tracy has the potential to keep tradition going.
                                I don't disagree. Right now it looks like the Sydney's and Lexi are in position to be our main bench performers at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X