Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 " too early " bracketology

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    Yeah, we didn't wow anyone with the attendance at that regional this year. Too bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    These were awarded a few years back. Yes Sioux Falls had the second best attendance of the four regions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      They had three losses - two in the regular season.
      This is our record next year! What seed do we get at 33-0 in 2016-17?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
        In the 2015 NCAA Tournament,Princeton was 30-0 headed into the Tournament,they drew a #8 seed and they were ranked in the top 25.Just for a reference.

In 2008-2009 tournament ,the Jacks were 31-2 headed into the Tournament ,with losses to a ranked Maryland and Oakland in-conference. We got a 7 seed,we were a ranked team in the top 25 at the time.

The NCAA selection committee has a history of not being very supportive (favorable) in seeding mid-major programs for the NCAA Tournament I'm afraid.

However,at 33-0,there'd be no denying the facts,and we'd force their hand into giving us a much better seed,especially if Louisville and Oklahoma are included in a very gaudy 33-0 record.They'd still slight us probably,but we could get into 4 seed territory I'd think,depending where the pollsters would have us ranked to a large degree.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post

I don't think we'll go 33-0 next year(hoping we can though) but,still dwelling on where this thread left off somewhat. If we ever did make a 4 seed (or higher),life would be so much easier in the NCAA Tournament,hosting first and second rd games at Frost or the Denny against an opening #13 seed and then a # 5 the second round,if both won, would finally make a sweet 16 appearance. Here's hoping we can pull it off,keep the losses down, if we do do lose, make it to a high ranked opponent only. Working hard during the regular season so we can reap the rewards in post season play, which would be practically assured to a 4 seed team.Higher seeds have much easier paths to get to the sweet 16 game .After that,they start facing each other.

Last years tournament was a little odd in that two regions (Sioux Falls and Lexington) the elite 8 games were #4 vs#7 seeds,the other two ( Dallas and Bridgeport)went by seed with the elite 8 games being the #1 seed vs the #2 seed.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-11-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Athlon Sports ranked the Jacks #17 in their 2016-2017 preseason rankings (Magazine issue)

1. Notre Dame
            2. Baylor
            3. South Carolina
            4.Connecticut
            5. Ohio State
            6. Louisville
            7. Mississippi State
            8. Maryland
            9. Stanford
            10. Texas
            11. Oklahoma
            12. Florida State
            13. Tennessee
            14. Arizona State
            15. Kentucky
            16. Syracuse
            17. South Dakota State
            18. Oregon State
            19. Indiana
            20. Auburn
            21. Florida
            22. Miami
            23. Green Bay
            24. Washington
            25. Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Athlon Sports ranked the Jacks #17 in their 2016-2017 preseason rankings (Magazine issue)

1. Notre Dame
              2. Baylor
              3. South Carolina
              4.Connecticut
              5. Ohio State
              6. Louisville
              7. Mississippi State
              8. Maryland
              9. Stanford
              10. Texas
              11. Oklahoma
              12. Florida State
              13. Tennessee
              14. Arizona State
              15. Kentucky
              16. Syracuse
              17. South Dakota State
              18. Oregon State
              19. Indiana
              20. Auburn
              21. Florida
              22. Miami
              23. Green Bay
              24. Washington
              25. Missouri
              Wow.

Comment

That's high but any voters/writers/list makers that are truly aware of how good they were last year and how much talent they return about have to put them in the top 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

As the Jackrabbits are getting attention, the Green Bay team is right in there too. 2 mid majors that had similar seasons and schedules in 2015-16. The Phoenix were playing in the Paradise Jam on the other half of the bracket which included Rutgers and Virginia.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They deserve to be there!!!

They were two points from a sweet 16 last year and return all of their major contributors. The experience will be a huge factor. Plus, we add some really good players to the roster. The bar will be set very high for them this year but if there was ever a year to really have a breakout season and make a deep run in the tournament than this is it.

Keep building every year. That is what they have done and continue to do.

SDSU is going to have two really good basketball teams this year.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This year could be the first time ever we have potential 1,000 PT scorers starting at all five positions on the court .I say potential because they all have not reached that goal yet, we are such a young team. The only one that it could be hard for is Ober who's at 600 with 1 yr left. Macy's at 975 the end of soph yr. Young at 925 with one year left. Ellie's at 526 with 2 yrs left and Madison's got 355 pts with three years left to play. And, they're all getting better each year, needless to say we are pretty potent offensively to say the least.I might add ,they all are pretty good defensive players also.

I don't think it's ever been on any Jackrabbit players mind to go out and gobble up as many accolades as they can,on the contrary,it's alway's been team first as much as I can tell, and it's the team who have helped this gifted group achieve such status, and they all seem genuinely appreciative to the team for that. Nothing's better than a good assist...but someone's gotta put it in the bucket at the end to that assist too,and we are good at that.

We have exceptional players comming off the bench,not your typical bench,we have such good players on the bench, we utilize playing them a lot,this is good player development,by the time they'rs juniors,they're already seasoned vets,as been alluded to by a few opposing coaches.This will be a special season,one followed intently by Jackrabbit fans.

I stand corrected,2008-2009 team had Maria Boever,Jenn Warkenthien,Jill Young, Kristin Rotert,and Ketty Cornemann on that starting five,all 1,000 pt scorers,although Jill started just two games.Jennie Sunnarborg ,another 1,000 pt scorer was on the roster,but not a starter yet.The Nat'l Championship team I think,had five starters in the 1,000 pt club too.Pater,Davis,Schlagel,DeBoer,Johnson as starters.One common theme about these three teams is that when you have all five starters,each a very good offensive scorer ,well,good things happen.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-12-2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        They deserve to be there!!!

They were two points from a sweet 16 last year and return all of their major contributors. The experience will be a huge factor. Plus, we add some really good players to the roster. The bar will be set very high for them this year but if there was ever a year to really have a breakout season and make a deep run in the tournament than this is it.

Keep building every year. That is what they have done and continue to do.

SDSU is going to have two really good basketball teams this year.

SUPERBUNNY
                        Credit to our coaching staff,hope they stay around awhile.I've always thought we have two of the best coaching staffs in the nation,par excellent to anyone, ....they are out of sight, out of mind,doing their work dilligently and quitely in the background. My thanks for the job they've done coaching the players throughout their time as Jackrabbit coaches

Comment

I saw Ober walking around on crutches with a cast on her lower leg and foot. Does anyone have any more info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I saw Ober walking around on crutches with a cast on her lower leg and foot. Does anyone have any more info?

She has a condition(similar to an inflammation) in her heel that requires a shot. they did not want her putting weight on the foot and installed the cast. she will be recovered in 2 weeks. The regular person would not have the cast.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              She has a condition(similar to an inflammation) in her heel that requires a shot. they did not want her putting weight on the foot and installed the cast. she will be recovered in 2 weeks. The regular person would not have the cast.
                              Thanks.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

SDSU comes in at #24 in College Sports Madness Top 44 Women's College Basketball Teams for the 2016-2017 Season.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13668

SDSU was #43 last season

Comment

Working...
                                X