2016-2017 " too early " bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 " too early " bracketology

If you look at the resume and criteria, SDSU is better than all the other bubble teams.

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/p...en-deserved-an
    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by The Sports Block View Post
      If you look at the resume and criteria, SDSU is better than all the other bubble teams.

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/p...en-deserved-an
      That's an interesting (and frustrating) way to look at it. I wonder what we would have needed to do to sneak in. Would avoiding the loss at Omaha at least got us on the "bubble" list? Based on how close we appear to be right now you'd have to think that a win over either Oklahoma or Green Bay (both in the top 26 RPI) might have punched our ticket.

Comment

Thanks for posting - this makes me realize we had a much better OOC than I thought. I'm just remember the dismantlings we took at Louisville and Oklahoma. Granted the Louisville game was the first road game and 2nd game overall after Macy's injury.

Should we get more consideration based on this, yes. But we aren't and hopefully the girls are getting excited about a long run in the WNIT!

Comment

History and reputation should also make a difference for the women.....

Comment

State vs U in WNIT would be something, huh?
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I know for sure,one of us,either USD or SDSU will play Creighton,if all three teams are in the WNIT. It happens every time I can remember. Last year USD had to go to U of Minn to play them too. It was their only road game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I know for sure,one of us,either USD or SDSU will play Creighton,if all three teams are in the WNIT. It happens every time I can remember. Last year USD had to go to U of Minn to play them too. It was their only road game.
                Creighton could get in from the Big East. UNI might be a regional team in the WNIT.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  State vs U in WNIT would be something, huh?
                  The question for me is, who hosts it?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    That would be a good game for Premier Center.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      That would be a good game for Premier Center.
                      I thought about that but id rather it be in Frost. After their showing last year in the WNIT, they could easily get the bid and that would be a big downer.

Comment

If Montana State wins the Big Sky tournament that gives UND the auto qualifier to the WNIT. It will be interesting to see how the brackets look.

Comment

Iowa and Iowa St. are likely WNIT participants as well. Colorado State is another. With them, UND, Creighton (possibly), USD and UNI it could be a very regional bracket. Unfortunately most of these teams are going to end up in the same sub-bracket.

Comment

UND is probably in WNIT, SDSU played UND, USD and UND did not play each other. They might try to keep USD and UND on same side of bracket since they have not played each other.

Comment

Remember, Triple Crown Sports runs the WNIT. Their motivation is the bottom line, its a business. The match-ups will be regional as much as possible and will go to the location that can offer the best gate for TCS. Much less consideration or concern about getting the "seeding" right.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                The higher bid.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X