X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ

First new recruit:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

2 year player at Iowa Western CC. 2 guard, just announced as second team All American. He will do well here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

TJ just tweeted 'It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!'

Another recruit, or in regards to Andre?
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Another recruit, or in regards to Andre?
          I saw the same thing. Could mean another addition to coaching staff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I saw the same thing. Could mean another addition to coaching staff as well.
            Good point!
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Seems like any connections in Iowa and Wisconsin that Nagy took to Ohio may be replaced with the hiring of TJ.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Would love to see Wright State on the schedule!

Comment

I would love to see Wright State also. Really hard not to like this hire right now.

Comment

It may be good to see Washington and Iowa State back on the schedule once too.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Isn't it always?
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I know some have questioned TJ's lack of head coaching experience and the fact he is a good recruiter. Should we have hired a coach with head coaching experience or a good recruiter. I would take a recruiter over an X and O guy. Remember that Nagy in the D2 days was considered a good coach, mainly because he a such a good W/L record. Then the transition hit and suddenly we had a lack of talent. His W/L record hit an all time low. People questioned his X and O knowledge and that he could not coach at this level. He was able to push through the transition and recruit some good talent. Suddenly Nagy improved his W/L record and suddenly he was a good coach.

Well at the D-1 level it is all about talent. X and O's are important, but talent will trump X and O coach all day. So I would take a good recruiter over an experienced head coach. I am very excited to have TJ running our program and I think better days are ahead. That is not a knock on Nagy at all. Nagy paid his dues by helping us through the transition and now he is getting paid for that hard work he and his staff put in.

I am excited to see who TJ will be able to bring into the program, both his staff and recruits.

Go State!!!
                        Go Jacks!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Hopefully being a good recruiter doesn't only mean he can recruit players but also good coaches!
                          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Article on TJ. Interesting note...the other finalist for the job was Vince Taylor from Texas Tech. I also love Telly's quote about Denver's offense .

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...oach/83031524/
                            I saw that too, and that was one of the biggest reasons I loved Nagy. So much more fun to watch.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

http://cyclonefanatic.com/basketball...ifelong-dream/

Not a lot "new" but a different interesting read!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                http://cyclonefanatic.com/basketball...ifelong-dream/

Not a lot "new" but a different interesting read!
                                Time for the whizard of Otz to perform his wizardry.

Comment

Working...
                                X