TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ

Good time management skills listed. So he knows how to use TO's, great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      Here is an article on TJ coming to SDSU from SD Nation (Mid Major Madness)

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...source=twitter
      This article seems to re-hash everything that we know so far. I looked at the published date and its July 1, 2016. Kind of slow in the news business too and the author apparently had space to fill. It was a good review btw.

Comment

Anyone have any clue what type of offense and defense Coach Otz will run? Nagy ran a lot of ball screens and man-to-man with no switching. I just hope it's nothing like NDSUs. I wouldn't be able to watch that.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Anyone have any clue what type of offense and defense Coach Otz will run? Nagy ran a lot of ball screens and man-to-man with no switching. I just hope it's nothing like NDSUs. I wouldn't be able to watch that.
          No idea what the sets will look like, but I can all but guarantee it'll look nothing like NDSU on offense. TJ has said several times that he wants to push the tempo on offense and shoot a bunch of 3's. Defensively he has mentioned how he wants to use a combination of defenses to keep offenses off balance. I'd imagine we'll see much more zone, trapping, etc. than we've seen in the past.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I could not decide where this belongs, but I will let the coach have attention(and his strength staff) for Tevin King's work.

Previous
            Next

SDSU Strength ‏@SDStateStrength 3h3 hours ago
            S/O to @GoJacksMBB Tevin King for breaking the team squat record with this 182.5kg/402.5lb reppic.twitter.com/gtVliYmZlw

12 retweets 37 likes

Retweet
            Retweeted

Liked

More

• Copy link to Tweet
            • Embed Tweet
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That might be worth a new thread, titled "Holy buckets, that's a whole lotta weight!"
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                No idea what the sets will look like, but I can all but guarantee it'll look nothing like NDSU on offense. TJ has said several times that he wants to push the tempo on offense and shoot a bunch of 3's. Defensively he has mentioned how he wants to use a combination of defenses to keep offenses off balance. I'd imagine we'll see much more zone, trapping, etc. than we've seen in the past.
                The changing of defense is music to my ears. I think the league had pretty much cottoned onto what Nagy was doing, and he wasn't inclined to change very much just because the other side had figured out what he was doing and had figured out how to stop and/or attack it. Part of that was, I think, Nagy truly had pretty good schemes, but I'm looking forward to having the other guys back on their heels a bit wondering what the heck the Jacks are going to throw at them next.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think that TJ will change things for the better. When I look in the rear mirror and see a fading in the distance, Scott Nagy, I truly think we will be okay. I always thought Nagy would hang it up here, and that is not the case. As a retired person having a larger IRA and 401k makes a whole bunch of sense which should happen at Wright State based on his multi-year contract. Lets hope we can hang on to TJ for a long time. He seems to be a great fit for SDSU.

Comment

Hey guys! Coach Otzelberger was just on the latest edition of Midco Sports Network's summer panel show "Benchwarmers." This was taped on Monday at Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings...lots of good nuggets and info about the team from the man himself...enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7yF-lA3jbI

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
                      Hey guys! Coach Otzelberger was just on the latest edition of Midco Sports Network's summer panel show "Benchwarmers." This was taped on Monday at Buffalo Wild Wings in Brookings...lots of good nuggets and info about the team from the man himself...enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7yF-lA3jbI
                      Just watched it. Great coverage and access, well done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

This article posted yesterday talks about TJ's past and him joining SDSU. Nothing really new, but a good article.

http://www.todaysu.com/summit-league...fessional-fit/

Comment

The latest TJ is in Brookings.
                          http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...league-preview
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Weirdest thing is Nagy's family, including his dad, is in that picture.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If I can finish up my PM clinic in a timely fashion and no hospital emergencies pop up I'll be meeting 1 on 1 with Coach TJ and Scott Brown about 5 pm today. Any pressing issues the board would like me to address???....

I will ask about the seats in sec 115.....
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                If I can finish up my PM clinic in a timely fashion and no hospital emergencies pop up I'll be meeting 1 on 1 with Coach TJ and Scott Brown about 5 pm today. Any pressing issues the board would like me to address???....

I will ask about the seats in sec 115.....
                                Ask about where the Frost renovation time line is at. Are they going to take it to the BOR this October?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X