X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/773574009275514881

It appears that Creighton will be coming to Frost in 2017!
    I don't think so...

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
      https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/773574009275514881

It appears that Creighton will be coming to Frost in 2017!
      Wishful thinking by TJ and you.....I hope he can goad or entice Coach Mac into making the trip up.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

12 for 1 game. to get Creighton I would take that.

Coach McDermott Verified account 
        ‏@cucoachmac
        @coachotz @BluejayMBB @GoJacksMBB 12 for 1 and I will send contract.

Comment

Just came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wahSA0s7n6Q

Pretty fun idear to get some interest amongst the students for the basketball program.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Just came across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wahSA0s7n6Q

Pretty fun idear to get some interest amongst the students for the basketball program.
            I saw this too, very cool idea. It seems like TJ is really buying into the program and SDSU as a whole between this and other endeavors such as hosting the hot dog feed at the football game, which I love to see. Can you imagine Nagy doing any of this? Not a knock on Nagy, just a kudos to TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I saw this too, very cool idea. It seems like TJ is really buying into the program and SDSU as a whole between this and other endeavors such as hosting the hot dog feed at the football game, which I love to see. Can you imagine Nagy doing any of this? Not a knock on Nagy, just a kudos to TJ.
              When I went to the hot dog give away, the entire basketball staff was very personable. They WANTED to talk to you. Usually if you run into someone like that on campus you just let them go because you don't want to inconvenience or bother them. TJ gave off the impression that he was interested in you as a student. He is just too good. Time to watch him win a few football games now.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                He is just too good. Time to watch him win a few football games now.
                If he can win us some football games, he will definitely be too good!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  If he can win us some football games, he will definitely be too good!
                  Can't get away with anything these days

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

TJ is known as a recruiter. He started when a high school kid recruiting other players who may have missed the cut with some of the summer leagues and put together a team with castoffs from established teams. He continues this behavior recruiting a few more students to pay attention to the sports on campus. I will be eager to see if the students respond during the basketball season. He does have an energy(like Bono) and leadership that is good for SDSU.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: TJ

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                      When I went to the hot dog give away, the entire basketball staff was very personable. They WANTED to talk to you. Usually if you run into someone like that on campus you just let them go because you don't want to inconvenience or bother them. TJ gave off the impression that he was interested in you as a student. He is just too good. Time to watch him win a few football games now.
                      agree with this. I wasn't at the hot dog give away, and I'm not a student (and haven't been for a long time.)

But I've bumped into TJ a few times, and he stopped and talked to me (actually said he remembered me from the introduction night at Cubby's...which is insane, he must of met 100 people that night.)

Coach Henderson seems like a great guy too, and also talked with Coach Glidden. Really good guys. haven't met Coach Walker yet.

Hoping the best for them, and the upcoming season. They really seem to have embraced the fact that they are "the new guys" and are trying hard to establish themselves with the community and the fanbase.

Comment

I think TJ is highly motivated to build on success and move on to bigger places. I think that is a good thing, but we shall see. TJ won't be here for 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          agree with this. I wasn't at the hot dog give away, and I'm not a student (and haven't been for a long time.)

But I've bumped into TJ a few times, and he stopped and talked to me (actually said he remembered me from the introduction night at Cubby's...which is insane, he must of met 100 people that night.)

Coach Henderson seems like a great guy too, and also talked with Coach Glidden. Really good guys. haven't met Coach Walker yet.

Hoping the best for them, and the upcoming season. They really seem to have embraced the fact that they are "the new guys" and are trying hard to establish themselves with the community and the fanbase.
                          Very impressed with these guys - constantly on the move going somewhere for something all the time.
                          Very people oriented individuals!

Comment

Another TJ interview

http://hoopshd.com/2016/09/17/season...j-otzelberger/

Comment

Coach doing some reverse trick or treating...man I like this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPpk3D8gbYg
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Coach doing some reverse trick or treating...man I like this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPpk3D8gbYg
                                That's awesome, how can you not like this guy? It would be great to see students start to fill Frost, although with the current setup there's not a whole lot of room unfortunately!

Comment

Working...
                                X