Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Coach Otz just finished his 2nd consecutive day of buying coffee for students and faculty from 8:00-9:00. By looking at twitter, it appears to have been a huge hit. I have a hunch we'll see a more engaged and dedicated student section in the future.
    I hope so and am really glad to see him trying.

The potential for growth is huge if he can find away to really break through to the students. Just increasing their attendance by 300-400 per game would make an enormous difference.

Comment

Really good and informative get-to-know-you-better interview. Hope the transition goes smoothly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
        Did anyone hear the specifics of his contract? I do not remember hearing a $$ amount or number of years.
        That's a very good question. I suspect the details will soon leak out. I really think its neat that TJ is buying coffee for students and faculty. Certainly, a good way to get to know the community and put folks at ease. Scott was not that outgoing to do that. He seemed to save it all for the big game. When you grow up with an introverted personality, it takes years to overcome and become a very open and public person. Some never reach that level, although I noticed more interviews with Scott Nagy since his departure than what we saw in 20 years while at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          That's a very good question. I suspect the details will soon leak out. I really think its neat that TJ is buying coffee for students and faculty. Certainly, a good way to get to know the community and put folks at ease. Scott was not that outgoing to do that. He seemed to save it all for the big game. When you grow up with an introverted personality, it takes years to overcome and become a very open and public person. Some never reach that level, although I noticed more interviews with Scott Nagy since his departure than what we saw in 20 years while at SDSU.
          Scott wasn't outgoing like that, but the few times I saw him in public it wasn't like he was a shy kitty either. I sat right behind him at the Summit League baseball tournament one year and he was visiting with quite a few people in the section. I've had friends who have golfed with him at various tournaments and they always said he was open and honest about things.

I do also wonder if he got a little upset with the media during transition and quit giving interviews, and became more sarcastic (smart @ss) in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Scott wasn't outgoing like that, but the few times I saw him in public it wasn't like he was a shy kitty either. I sat right behind him at the Summit League baseball tournament one year and he was visiting with quite a few people in the section. I've had friends who have golfed with him at various tournaments and they always said he was open and honest about things.

I do also wonder if he got a little upset with the media during transition and quit giving interviews, and became more sarcastic (smart @ss) in the process.
            I think nagy was very honest when talking to groups or media. During the transition often he would say he is ata loss and not sure what do to. From his start at sdsu till he left you could tell how he chnaged and grew as a coach.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Otz is in the government database now, his salary is $300,000.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                Wow. Quite a jump from Nagy's $212K.

Sell did say that they offered TJ the same deal they counter offered to Nagy.

Does anyone know how that compares to the rest of the SL coaches?

Comment

Craig Smith makes $190.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking $280K. Not a lot of difference there.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      How many years?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                        How many years?
                        Didn't the BOR soecify 3 year contract lengths with their action to approve multi-year contracts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Wow. Quite a jump from Nagy's $212K.

Sell did say that they offered TJ the same deal they counter offered to Nagy.

Does anyone know how that compares to the rest of the SL coaches?
                          Here's what I found on the each states employee pay pages. I couldn't find the Illinois athletics, so I found the pay on the leathernecknation fan site.

Coffman, IPFW $118,454.80
                          Gardner, IUPUI $160,347.25
                          Hansen, UNO $130,000
                          Richman, NDSU $162,135.06
                          Wright, WIU $120,000
                          Smith, USD $190,000
                          Otzelberger, SDSU $300,000

Found these from FargoBison posted online a couple years ago.

Sutton(ORU)-$483K
                          Scott(Denver)-$412k

At least the public ones wouldn't include incentives, should just be base pay.
                          Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                            Here's what I found on the each states employee pay pages. I couldn't find the Illinois athletics, so I found the pay on the leathernecknation fan site.

Coffman, IPFW $118,454.80
                            Gardner, IUPUI $160,347.25
                            Hansen, UNO $130,000
                            Richman, NDSU $162,135.06
                            Wright, WIU $120,000
                            Smith, USD $190,000
                            Otzelberger, SDSU $300,000

Found these from FargoBison posted online a couple years ago.

Sutton(ORU)-$483K
                            Scott(Denver)-$412k

At least the public ones wouldn't include incentives, should just be base pay.
                            The incentives are the funny thing. If I remember right Bohl was getting about the same in incentives as he was in salary when he was at NDSU.

Comment

TJ did an interview yesterday on KWSN. He does have it posted on his twitter account. It was an interesting interview, and I am excited to see the 2016-17 version of the Rabbits!!

Comment

Here is an article on TJ coming to SDSU from SD Nation (Mid Major Madness)

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...source=twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X