Jacks ranked #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks ranked #1

Jackrabbit women jump from #12 to #1 in the final College Basketball Insiders Mid-Major Poll Top 25.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

Re: Jacks ranked #1

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Jackrabbit women jump from #12 to #1 in the final College Basketball Insiders Mid-Major Poll Top 25.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php
    Our record was 27-4?

Comment

Jacks ranked #1

That's a typo.

Judging by the final 2016/17 polls, it looks like we'll probably start off next season with more national attention than any previous year. It would be fun to spend the OOC portion of the season trying to stay ranked instead of scratching and clawing to try and finally get into the top-25.

Comment

Jackrabbits and Albany,the only two mid-majors to win an opening game in the NCAA Tournament (both 12 seeds upsetting a 5 seed),are #1 and #2 ...? Duquesne,won in first rd too (9 vs 8 seed) and St Bonaventure (10 vs 7 seed),but we bring back all five starters.....USD wins WNIT and jumps up to # 6....this poll looks valid to me.....25 first place votes,wow.

The top few mid-majors get looked at very hard for inclusion into the regular top 25.Lots of respect shown for next year already.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-08-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Our record was 27-4?
          They factored in the calls-no-calls at the end of the Stanford game. :-) Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

These next couple of years are going to be very fun. Hopefully the rest of the Summit is up for the challenge.

Comment

some #fearEd fans weren't happy about this.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                some #fearEd fans weren't happy about this.
                They fail to realize that the only real upset in the series between the two teams occurred in the game played in Brookings.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                  They fail to realize that the only real upset in the series between the two teams occurred in the game played in Brookings.
                  That. And of course the Jacks won the Summit Tournament and a game in the 'Dance' and played a significantly tougher schedule and had a higher rpi. Darn facts always get in the way.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    That. And of course the Jacks won the Summit Tournament and a game in the 'Dance' and played a significantly tougher schedule and had a higher rpi. Darn facts always get in the way.
                    We also beat two teams that finished in the Top 25 and played close games with two teams that finished top 10.

What USD did was great. It activated their fan base, it was a great accomplishment and that will help them maintain success whether Williams stays or goes. But, as Zimmer said after they won the WNIT when he was asked which was better, SDSU in the NCAA or USD in the WNIT; the NCAA. Nationally, the SDSU trip to the NCAA is a much bigger story and provides more exposure for the Summit and SDSU. Locally the USD WNIT run is a big story. That is why you see the top 2 teams in the final Mid-Major poll as being the only two Mid-Majors to win games in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Wow. FGCU gets a #1 vote but USD doesn't? Something isn't right about that.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                        Wow. FGCU gets a #1 vote but USD doesn't? Something isn't right about that.
                        I also found that rather odd. I know a month ago they were #1, but they didn't go to the NCAA Tournament and they lost in the WNIT Championship game to USD. I think USD would be more deserving of that first place vote, although I hate to admit that.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

More of a loyalty vote for FGCU I'm thinking than dis against USD.Although,that's what it turns out to be in reality.One of the voting coaches belongs to the Atlantic Sun conference....

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            I also found that rather odd. I know a month ago they were #1, but they didn't go to the NCAA Tournament and they lost in the WNIT Championship game to USD. I think USD would be more deserving of that first place vote, although I hate to admit that.
                            USD won a fairly close game on their home court after FGCU had an accelerated travel schedule to get there with little prep time for the game.

Neutral court that is a tossup game. I'd be fine with either one of them ranked ahead of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              USD won a fairly close game on their home court after FGCU had an accelerated travel schedule to get there with little prep time for the game.

Neutral court that is a tossup game. I'd be fine with either one of them ranked ahead of the other.
                              Agreed. If you were truly interested in determining which was the better overall team, you would want to consider those factors. That being said, this poll has been quirky all season, including underrating USD most of the way. The cool thing is that we did not just barely end up ranked #1. Getting 25 of the 32 first-place votes is very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X