Keaton Moffitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keaton Moffitt

Tried to find an existing thread to put this under, but nothing really fit so here goes. On Zimmer's chat, someone typed in " Extra year for Moffitt ?" and Zimmer responded that he had heard that they may try to apply for that. Any chance that could be a possibility ? That would ease the pressure of trying to bring in multiple guards with the coaching situation in flux.

Re: Keaton Moffitt

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Tried to find an existing thread to put this under, but nothing really fit so here goes. On Zimmer's chat, someone typed in " Extra year for Moffitt ?" and Zimmer responded that he had heard that they may try to apply for that. Any chance that could be a possibility ? That would ease the pressure of trying to bring in multiple guards with the coaching situation in flux.
    Why not go the Seekamp route? Pharmacy was a five year program. I have no idea how long it takes today, maybe six?

Comment

Moffitt's Instagram page has the picture pasted below plus comments or hashtags which indicate he has applied for or is investigating applying for a medical redshirt. He played in 8 games at USF (started 6) his freshman year and then his season ended with a knee injury. He played in every game for USF as a soph. Then he transferred to SDSU but had to sit that year out. He has played two years for SDSU so if the medical redshirt is granted, he would get another year.

Personally, I would love to see that guy in the Jackrabbit uniform one more season.

Comment

Pharmacy currently takes six years total. The first two years are regular undergrad years and if the student is admitted to the College of Pharmacy, they are P1 students (which is year three of the total six years). So, P1, P2 and P3 students take classes. In the P4 (last) year, they do "rotations" at various locations across the region and country. The six-year schedule has occasionally been stretched to seven years to accomodate a particular student including student athletes.

Comment

If he does get an extra year and with all of the open spots I would imagine he would finally get a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            If he does get an extra year and with all of the open spots I would imagine he would finally get a scholarship.
            I really hope he can get this opportunity. It would help the team so much and he is quite deserving of a scholarship.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I believe he was receiving one.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I don't think he was receiving a scholarship. Nagy referred to him as the best walkon in DI.

He has earned one.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  No, not if you look at who was on the roster this past year.
                  Both Nagy and I believe it was Parks that said he was the best walk-on in America.

Comment

Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
                    The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
                    The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
                    The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

If he played 8 games his freshman year, the <30% rule would seem to be in play as I am guessing USF played more than 26 games in their season.

Comment

It appears he would qualify for a hardship. I would hope the new coach wants him around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Pharmacy currently takes six years total. The first two years are regular undergrad years and if the student is admitted to the College of Pharmacy, they are P1 students (which is year three of the total six years). So, P1, P2 and P3 students take classes. In the P4 (last) year, they do "rotations" at various locations across the region and country. The six-year schedule has occasionally been stretched to seven years to accomodate a particular student including student athletes.
                        The third year classes are held in Sioux Falls so not sure how that would affect things.

Comment

True the P3 year is spent in Sioux Falls. I have no idea how that gets worked out. I know one cross country runner Pharmacy Major who had a year of eligibility left and Coach Dehaven asked him to keep training and compete during that P3 year. The guy had to train by himself in Sioux Falls and catch up with the team for meets on weekends. He had a good year...Coach Dehaven jokingly referred to him in a story Terry Vandrovec did for the Argus, as "Charles Jefferson" (the star football player for Ridgemont High in the film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"-- those who remember the movie will recall Jefferson was not seen in class and there was speculation he just flew into town for the Friday night games and then left--Fast Times is the movie in which Sean Penn played the iconic pot-head "Jeff Spicoli: ).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
                            The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
                            The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
                            The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

If he played 8 games his freshman year, the <30% rule would seem to be in play as I am guessing USF played more than 26 games in their season.
                            How are we not all experts on this topic by now?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              How are we not all experts on this topic by now?
                              Someone go ask TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X