Keaton Moffitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keaton Moffitt

Bottom line is that the NCAA is inconsistent with their rulings and I wont ever understand some of them. They pick and choose.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
      PTSD is serious stuff. But.....is this going to start a string of athletes trying to gain a 6th year because of a type of mental illness aspect? DeAndre Parks had a trying time growing up in Flint, Michigan. I'm sure he saw plenty shootings of people he knew outside of his family. Off hand, I'm not sure of his whole story, but I believe a brother of his was shot and killed. Maybe he should apply too!!!!!
      Except for the fact that he's already played 4 years...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        I don't know for sure and I am only speculating, but my guess is that the PTSD surfaced after a year and a half which resulted in his transfer to be closer to family and friends. My guess is he argued he wouldn't have transferred if he hadn't suffered from the disorder. Not all injuries are physical in nature.
        When did that happen college or high school? maybe they took the high road worrying about being PC if a player has mental health issues. Maybe it wasnt very clear to me why he was given an extra year. Either way good for him.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          When did that happen college or high school? maybe they took the high road worrying about being PC if a player has mental health issues. Maybe it wasnt very clear to me why he was given an extra year. Either way good for him.
          The event happened in HS. He suffered PTSD in college. http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...B_OEM_ID=31400

"As a senior at Millard South High School, Erickson had witnessed a shooting in his school's administration office on Jan. 5, 2011. Nearly a year and a half later, he suffered the effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and since undergoing successful treatment, he has become a vocal advocate encouraging others to seek assistance for mental health issues. Erickson runs a website, KylerErickson.com, that details his story, and his videos have garnered widespread attention with over 75,000 views in 113 countries. Erickson's message of "turning tragedy into testimony" encourages people in all walks of life to confront mental health challenges they may be facing."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            The event happened in HS. He suffered PTSD in college. http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...B_OEM_ID=31400

"As a senior at Millard South High School, Erickson had witnessed a shooting in his school's administration office on Jan. 5, 2011. Nearly a year and a half later, he suffered the effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and since undergoing successful treatment, he has become a vocal advocate encouraging others to seek assistance for mental health issues. Erickson runs a website, KylerErickson.com, that details his story, and his videos have garnered widespread attention with over 75,000 views in 113 countries. Erickson's message of "turning tragedy into testimony" encourages people in all walks of life to confront mental health challenges they may be facing."
            This case is a tough call. I don't doubt the PTSD for a second. Seeing another person's life snuffed out does have an impact. How much this impact affected his playing career is really the tough call. I think the NCAA Committee has given Erickson the benefit of a doubt and maybe we should too. Good luck to Mr. Erickson.

Comment

Working...
            X