Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

I would think that yes, both AJ and Williams will be looked at.

Who knows what their AD is thinking?

I do think Williams does seem like a great fit, being a Husker herself, and a female.

But maybe their AD is thinking of robbing another P5 conference coach, like he did in FB? It will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      They fear erectile dysfunction?
      Lol. I'm dying right now.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Lots of support for Louisville head coach Jeff Walz -- some have pegged him as the front runner (sorry @JtESPN991). Was an assistant at Nebraska. Was very will liked during his time in Lincoln, but current AD wasn't here then. Impressive record at Louisville. Would cost quite a bit more than Williams, but $$$ never seems to be an issue for the Huskers.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          Lots of support for Louisville head coach Jeff Walz -- some have pegged him as the front runner (sorry @JtESPN991). Was an assistant at Nebraska. Was very will liked during his time in Lincoln, but current AD wasn't here then. Impressive record at Louisville. Would cost quite a bit more than Williams, but $$$ never seems to be an issue for the Huskers.
          He's won a national championship at Louisville, and considering that's a basketball school, he must be pretty well compensated. He's also a lot closer to the prime recruiting areas that you need to hit to be a really elite program. You would think it would require a lot of $ to shake him loose from that job.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            He's won a national championship at Louisville, and considering that's a basketball school, he must be pretty well compensated. He's also a lot closer to the prime recruiting areas that you need to hit to be a really elite program. You would think it would require a lot of $ to shake him loose from that job.
            Jeff Walz has a base salary of $1 million dollars. That figure might be a few years old.
            http://datacenter.courier-journal.co...ment/salaries/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I believe Louisville has been in the national championship game twice, but has never won under his leadership. Nevertheless, he has had a ton of success there.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The latest speculation -- likely means the job is AJ's.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Re: Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  It might be a bit against the grain to say so, but I kinda hope Williams doesn't leave USD any time soon. She's been good for SDSU and the Summit League.
                  This does make sense. It would sure be nice if we could get the Summit league to a two bid league, where if a really good team does get upset in the conference tournament, they can still get an at large bid. I'm sure I'm making a point that you guys have already talked a lot about in the past. I'm normally checking out this board for the coaching rumors, so I missed a lot of what's been talked about.
                  I think this year will go a long ways towards getting us to a two bid league. I think USD proved worthy of being in the tournament and State proved worthy of being much better than a 12 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    The latest speculation -- likely means the job is AJ's.
                    I'm happy we haven't heard his name listed. Means nothing, it could still happen but as of now he doesn't seem to be on the list.

I think replacing AJ would be much harder than replacing Nagy. Visiting with a friend today about it. He was offended that AJ isn't coming up in discussions because as he put it, AJ has had much more success than either Williams who coach, or have coached at USD. He made a comment about the NCAA/WNIT tournament appearances but than added that our Women have averaged 25 wins per year since moving up. I came home and did the math. He was right. That's a pretty crazy number. Especially when you consider the competition he as had us playing since the first D1 season.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      I'm happy we haven't heard his name listed. Means nothing, it could still happen but as of now he doesn't seem to be on the list.

I think replacing AJ would be much harder than replacing Nagy. Visiting with a friend today about it. He was offended that AJ isn't coming up in discussions because as he put it, AJ has had much more success than either Williams who coach, or have coached at USD. He made a comment about the NCAA/WNIT tournament appearances but than added that our Women have averaged 25 wins per year since moving up. I came home and did the math. He was right. That's a pretty crazy number. Especially when you consider the competition he as had us playing since the first D1 season.
                      Be quiet. Be very, very, quiet. We want AJ to stay.

Comment

No disrespect to AJ but P5 schools aren't looking for male coaches. The number of males coaches in the womens game is getting smaller and smaller. Also AJ has a top 25 team coming back next year and the following year he will have 4 top 100 recruits playing. The fan support is very good for WBB at SDSU and in the SLT. The job offering will have to be a very special offer for him to leave. I think AJ will be at SDSU for at least a couple more years.

Comment

Re: Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
                          This does make sense. It would sure be nice if we could get the Summit league to a two bid league, where if a really good team does get upset in the conference tournament, they can still get an at large bid. I'm sure I'm making a point that you guys have already talked a lot about in the past. I'm normally checking out this board for the coaching rumors, so I missed a lot of what's been talked about.
                          I think this year will go a long ways towards getting us to a two bid league. I think USD proved worthy of being in the tournament and State proved worthy of being much better than a 12 seed.
                          I thought you wanted the best team in each conference to also win the conference tournament,otherwise,an at large bid will be given to that team anyway most likely, so it ends up taking an at large bid away that'd otherwise be covered by the conference auto bid,and put a team into the tournament that may of had no chance at an at-large otherwise.There's only 33 (?) at-larges available,after the auto-bids are determined.(31 conferences?)Not exactly sure of the number of conferences in NCAA Div 1 (wanna say 31or 32 ? )

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            No disrespect to AJ but P5 schools aren't looking for male coaches. The number of males coaches in the womens game is getting smaller and smaller. Also AJ has a top 25 team coming back next year and the following year he will have 4 top 100 recruits playing. The fan support is very good for WBB at SDSU and in the SLT. The job offering will have to be a very special offer for him to leave. I think AJ will be at SDSU for at least a couple more years.
                            While I agree with all of this...I find it ironic/slightly funny(because I despise PCness) all the teams in this years Final Four were coached by...wait for it...males. What a travesty for gender equity!!!

But I'm sure that by University Presidents requiring their AD's to hire certain genders for certain sports will end up producing winning teams...someday...right??
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              I agree,he would be really giving his successor a huge gift if he left this year.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                While I agree with all of this...I find it ironic/slightly funny(because I despise PCness) all the teams in this years Final Four were coached by...wait for it...males. What a travesty for gender equity!!!

But I'm sure that by University Presidents requiring their AD's to hire certain genders for certain sports will end up producing winning teams...someday...right??
                                Amy Williams must be a lock for UNL then. The other candidates I seen mentioned the most are two of the male final 4 coaches, the male head coach from Louisville, and Ryun Williams. Congrats Amy.

Comment

Working...
                                X