Thanks to Coach Nagy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Coach Nagy

I want to wish Coach Nagy all the best as the Head Coach at Wright State University. One can only imagine how gut-wrenching a decision it is to uproot your family and leave a place that had become their home.

Coach Nagy has exemplified everything that you could want in a head coach and has earned the opportunity for promotion and take care of his family.

We've been very lucky to have had a fine man like Scott lead our program for 20 years. He was extremely successful at the D2 level. Withstood the brutal transition to D1. Finally, he proved that he is still the same coach capable of winning at the highest level. More than the wins and program success is the fact that Scott Nagy is a better man off the court. He is a man of deep faith, does things the right way, and has always cared deeply for the players and staff in his program. His numerous charitable efforts speak even more to the quality of the man. In his 20 year career it is easy to see the incredible record from a wins and losses standpoint but what will always stand out to me is the quality people that he has turned out of the program. He takes these boys into the program and turns them into fine men. Really, that should be the hallmark of his career.

Very sad to see us lose a good man like Scott Nagy but just want to say thanks for all you have done for SDSU, SDSU Athletics, and all the people he has touched.

I will be pulling for Wright State to be very successful.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Thanks to Coach Nagy

Thanks for posting. He put this program and this university on the map and we all have him to thank. Seeing him get through the transition and make that program great again was something very special and I'm very proud of him and his assistants for sticking with it during those times. SDSU And Jackrabbit Men's Basketball is far better off thanks to Scott Nagy.

Comment

I'll always remember going to the Spring football game and Nagy sitting where the Dykhouse is now, surrounded by a hoard of kids. I liked that he had his personal and professional priorities in order and was still a great coach. He will be missed.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Thanks for posting. He put this program and this university on the map and we all have him to thank. Seeing him get through the transition and make that program great again was something very special and I'm very proud of him and his assistants for sticking with it during those times. SDSU And Jackrabbit Men's Basketball is far better off thanks to Scott Nagy.
        Nate Wolters saved his job! Did he not? I am chuckling as I write this because its far from the truth. Yes Scott came here a very handsome young man and left grey haired and middle age. We got the best years out of him. How successful will he be at Wright State? I hope successful enough that he can retire from that job.

Comment

Congrats also go out to Brian Cooley and Clint Sargeant who will be with Scott at Wright State and to Coach Krabbenhoff at Wisconsin. All will be missed at SDSU

Comment

Not much to add, but just wanted to add my voice to this.

thanks, Scott. I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Congrats also go out to Brian Cooley and Clint Sargeant who will be with Scott at Wright State and to Coach Krabbenhoff at Wisconsin. All will be missed at SDSU
              What about Goff? Is he going to Wright State or elsewhere?
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                What about Goff? Is he going to Wright State or elsewhere?
                Wright State

Comment

Working...
                X