X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    What about Krabbenhoft?
    Been reported he took his name out of consideration. He is going back to Wisc. for an assistant coaching position.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Is Austin Hanson ready? How is he thought of by players who have played for him? I would imagine he would apply.
      I will just say that he has a good reputation among our players...
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Whoever it is, here's the number we should be shooting for:

$350,000. Base salary.

Seriously.

Got sticker shock? Welcome to Division I men's basketball.
        I completely agree with this. I almost feel Nagy was a little disrespected here. $200000 for DI coach with his success and no renovation to Frost yet with all the money in football? I recognize that we needed the football thing to happen a long time ago but let's not forget we are a basketball school. We need to pay a coach a bit more if we desire to be more than an average mid major.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Justin Sell addressed the team right after Nagy. I truly believe he will do this the right way with the future success of the program, interest of the players, and the open scholarship situation all in mind. Maybe a Chris Bono type hire for the Men's Basketball team????

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            I will just say that he has a good reputation among our players...
            I don't think that any of the players that can return ever played while Hanson was here, as he has been gone for two seasons. He may have helped recruit some of them before he left.

Comment

One thing that might help in getting Ryan Miller as our next head coach is that UNLV also just went through a coaching change and their new coach may want to bring in his own guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Won't a boost in salary just about require boosting salaries of AJ and other coaches?
                Gotta be competitive if you want to play in D-1. Just have to.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I don't think that any of the players that can return ever played while Hanson was here, as he has been gone for two seasons. He may have helped recruit some of them before he left.
                  I asked a buddy on the team and he really likes him. I like the fact that Hanson is a good recruiter. Nagy more so let the recruiting just happen and left it up to the assistant coaches. I would like a guy with a track record for being a good recruiter. In college athletics, that is half of the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    I asked a buddy on the team and he really likes him. I like the fact that Hanson is a good recruiter. Nagy more so let the recruiting just happen and left it up to the assistant coaches. I would like a guy with a track record for being a good recruiter. In college athletics, that is half of the battle.
                    Agree, but I feel we bring in a guy who has already been a head coach who is a good recruiter. I think Sell makes a move to put his stamp on program.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
                      Agree, but I feel we bring in a guy who has already been a head coach who is a good recruiter. I think Sell makes a move to put his stamp on program.
                      Hopefully more like wrestling than baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
                        As much as it hurts to lose Nagy, this is an opportunity to upgrade.

It's also an opportunity to fall back, but Sell so far has a track record of "going for it" with major coaching moves--upgrading the football and basketball coaching staffing generally, and fixing a wrestling program that frankly was on life support.

We're upgrading facilities all over the place. This is an opportunity to upgrade one of the, if not the most nationally visible coaching position at SDSU.

Oh, I just thought of this . . . doesn't Sell have Villanova roots?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

350k would be great I just think that will be difficult to get to. This will be a very popular job, and that's a kudos to Scott Nagy and the administration. Nagy left this school in a very good position.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            As much as it hurts to lose Nagy, this is an opportunity to upgrade.
                            Agreed. BUT...replacing an entire coaching staff along with 7 or more players is cause for some anxiety. Now where'd I set my drink...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              only 55 if everything clicks. more like 40-45. No thanks. run rabbits run.
                              Saw Soderberg's teams several years at Lidenwood and don't remember especially low scoring games. They averaged 72 in his last season. I suspect his salary at UVa is over $300K with add ons, plus he's close friends with the Bennett family. At LU he made well into six figures according to the Post Dispatch, plus assistant coach jobs for his kid and his kid's high school coach.

Comment

Austin Hanson's days in Brookings are done. He's a Yote now! Next!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X