Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
    The UNLV bio only mentions one daughter. Now I'm questioning how accurate the other information you've presented is.
    Auburn's bio (http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m...er_ryan00.html) indicated Ryan is Mike's younger brother, so maybe it's a matter of the sports info. depts. not necessarily prioritizing updating/revising asst. coaches' webpages

Comment

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...to-leav/nqy5B/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Update on Goeman: his bio on his radio station's site says "I am currently a senior and going to graduate with Journalism and Mass Communication degree".

And guess where from? SDSU!

Well, one can have a degree history but not be a historian.
        To be fair, I didn't know much about what it actually took to be a professional when I graduated college either.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Sell on 99.1 in about 1 minute...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...open/82661820/

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Sell on 99.1 in about 1 minute...
              I think here is that interview.

http://ksoo.com/south-dakota-state-a...y-resignation/

Comment

Both Ryan Miller and Mike Miller are now following Mike Daum and Justin Sell on twitter...piss on the fire and call the dogs, this search is over.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Both Ryan Miller and Mike Miller are now following Mike Daum and Justin Sell on twitter...piss on the fire and call the dogs, this search is over.
                  All of a sudden we become Millersville. Hell I don't mind one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    To be fair, I didn't know much about what it actually took to be a professional when I graduated college either.
                    Also in fairness to Goeman: he said it was rumor. No listener was deceived. Maybe he should have investigated by asking Daum, like KELO did.

When listening to a lot of talk radio, listeners have to pay attention to what is opinion, rumor and fact.

And sometimes, humor.

Or 30-minute infommercials.

Comment

Mike's playing days have to be about over. He could be the Sean Sutton of SDSU. Couldn't hurt in recruiting to flash an NBA championship ring.

Comment

At the very least...it's interesting.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          At the very least...it's interesting.
                          Daum also liked a tweet that said this ...

@kiddhere3
                          "I hope @SellnSDSU takes a very very hard look at Ryan Miller. We are south Dakotas school and Ryan is South Dakota all the way."

Comment

Probably says something about Ryan's interest, though not exactly telling about Justin Sell's (one way or the other).
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Probably says something about Ryan's interest, though not exactly telling about Justin Sell's (one way or the other).
                              Justin's future is riding on this one very important hire. I don't think a bunch of gushy SD sentiment will carry the day. Also we will be getting a new president this coming year and who knows how that will come out. Ryan Miller had better be ready to show what he can do.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 04-05-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Grew up in SD and have been following the Jacks from MN for the past 15 years. Especially when they made the move to D-I my interest grew. After reading all these posts (and looking at it from a distance and possibly more objectively) it seems to me Miller is the best choice.
                                His family name (and NBA champ brother) alone is gonna land him every top SD recruit and his rep as a great recruiter means he brings in top talent from across the country. I also LOVE the idea that he could be another 20 year guy like Nagy. Mid-majors can't keep top coaches unless the coach has close ties to the community and Miller is one of the few that fits that bill. I also remember seeing him play. Intense dude. I like that in a coach too.
                                Billeter is hot now but two years ago his name wouldn't have come up. Plus, he's gotta be nearing 60.
                                My vote is Miller, but like my handle says...just a casual Jacks fan. And enjoying seeing what you hardcore types think.

Comment

Working...
                                X