Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

When it comes to contract, here is my opinion

1st remember offers can be up to 3 years, they can include camp bonuses, etc. So I'd like something like 3 years 700K, where its like 190K the first year, and goes up after that. Try to put in some bonuses as well (not sure on the legality of that in South Dakota).

2nd- I'd rather see a little more money for the assistants; the associate coach should be making just shy of $100K, with the other assistants in the $50-$70K range.

Last- I'd like this to be finalized by Thursday; give the weekend to go recruit, (I'm serious).

Comment

Originally posted by GeoJack View Post
      I'd be excited about Taylor, seems like he had a big part in recruiting while at Minnesota.
      And Louisville. Has spent nearly 20 years working with Tubby Smith and Rick Pitino. You may not like what Pitino has done in his personal life, but 20 years recruiting for those two gives him national exposure to recruits that even surpasses Ryan Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsiouxjack View Post
        Yes, I am a tax payer if that is what you are asking
        Tax payer in which state?

I detect a middle-Iowa accent.

Anyone keeping score on which of the new posters are for or against which name being thrown around?

It's interesting how the search for Nagy's replacement brings out some supporters and detractors. I suspect the Athletic Director's office doesn't give much weight to message board posts.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          I want to say that there is a 75% chance that Miller will be the new head men basketball coach at SDSU if he wants it. That is just my opinion.

I don't care if he doesn't have any head coaching experience. You have to start somewhere, why not here? Basketball lives in that family.
          Me either. Nagy and Johnston didn't have any head coaching experience when they were hired here either did they?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Tax payer in which state?

I detect a middle-Iowa accent.

Anyone keeping score on which of the new posters are for or against which name being thrown around?

It's interesting how the search for Nagy's replacement brings out some supporters and detractors. I suspect the Athletic Director's office doesn't give much weight to message board posts.
            I'm sure Justin Sell checks the board regularly looking for advice. I think the Macy Miller retweet might just be the tipping point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Me either. Nagy and Johnston didn't have any head coaching experience when they were hired here either did they?
              Johnston had been the interim Head Coach

Nagy- nope, but he had applied for the position 2 years prior

There isn't much head coaching experience outside of Billeter on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

AJ was only interim coach for final 6 games of the season in 2001. The next year he led us to Rochester where we one 1 game. 2003 was magical as have been most of the seasons since.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Maybe he can hire Miller as his top assistant. From what I see looking at it, seems like Miller would be the guy, but interviews are a big part of it that we obviously dont see.
                  There is only 1 thing I can guarantee about this process, that whoever is selected as head coach will not agree to have another finalist for the job on his staff.
                  Nor would a finalist for this job agree to come in as top assistant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    I'm sure Justin Sell checks the board regularly looking for advice. I think the Macy Miller retweet might just be the tipping point.
                    Well....who does macy miller and the best player on the men's team want?? They both want ryan miller... but sell is going with tj.... go for sodak roots...the name..the connections... it seems soo obvious because it is. Stop over thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I suspect the Athletic Director's office doesn't give much weight to message board posts.
                      Gosh, I sure hope not. However, if Sell is reading this, I would be an excellent candidate to be the "money ball" data analytics guy for SDSU athletics.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

Nope, amd our best candidates are likely to be the ones without experience as the head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                          Well....who does macy miller and the best player on the men's team want?? They both want ryan miller... but sell is going with tj.... go for sodak roots...the name..the connections... it seems soo obvious because it is. Stop over thinking
                          i can't argue with such sage advice. Let's hope Mr. sell reads your post.

Comment

Again, why didn't USD hire him? I don't know anything about Ryan Miller other than where he has been at as an assistant and I'm still pissed he ripped our heart out with those 45 points back in the day. I'm willing to overlook what he did if he killed it. Just saying that he seems very interested and if we were very interested this could have been done a while ago. It's curious to say the least.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Daum following him on Twitter a week ago doesn't mean he thinks Miller is the best candidate. Weren't some players going to be involved with meeting with the finalists, which probably is just happening now ?

Comment

In his chat, Zimmer stated that DeVries withdrew his interest from the job. He wasn't sure if he was offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X