Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
    There was no question sell was going to use his Iowa ties. 2 Iowa connection/friends of sells didn't have phone interviews they had campus interviews. 2 South Dakota coaches had phone interviews. Obviously both billeter and Miller phone interviews were courtesy which is fine if sell wants to go elsewhere. But when people say you don't know what happened in the interview, it's kind of bogus because one guy was on campus and offered before they had conversations with any other coach.
    I was intrigued with Miller myself, but maybe after the phone interview nothing more was warranted.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Doesn't seem like a fair process to everyone. I think if #1 target wanted the job everything else was window dressing for the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
        There was no question sell was going to use his Iowa ties. 2 Iowa connection/friends of sells didn't have phone interviews they had campus interviews. 2 South Dakota coaches had phone interviews. Obviously both billeter and Miller phone interviews were courtesy which is fine if sell wants to go elsewhere. But when people say you don't know what happened in the interview, it's kind of bogus because one guy was on campus and offered before they had conversations with any other coach.
        You know this is how it all went down, huh? Umm, doubtful.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Doesn't seem like a fair process to everyone. I think if #1 target wanted the job everything else was window dressing for the public.
          The process isn't gonna be 'fair' to everyone. Is Sell suppose to fly in everyone that applies for an interview?
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            You know this is how it all went down, huh? Umm, doubtful.

SUPERBUNNY
            No...not doubtful...but it is what it is...and that's exactly how it went down

Comment

Jared Schnabel is from Mitchell, his family is close to Ryans family. So i would think Jared might know something.

Comment

Any AD worth his salt has a short list of "next coach up" for the major sports. The names tossed out didn't come from Sell's mouth, did they? Whatever the process Sell admitted that he has others helping him through the process. Those people hopefully played a part in getting the selection to this point. Assuming there was a selection committee right up front those people are told that it is a confidential process. Are there leaks? Sure. But this isn't meant to be The Wizard of Oz where we get to see behind the curtain. If someone wants to see behind the curtain put yourself in position to be on a search committee. I was on the Stig hiring committee back in the day. Great process to go through way back then even.

Who's to say Miller didn't decline a campus interview? Or that maybe he tossed out a salary demand that was way out of line.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

i hope tj wins and can't wait to cheer on the jacks at the summit league tournament. I was pulling for klink, Miller, or billeter all South Dakota ties but I'm going to have to trust sell until he's wrong. Go jacks
                  Last edited by Jacksin; 04-12-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

If this a done deal, when is the presser?
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      If this a done deal, when is the presser?
                      Exactly. The Miller gang already knows how this all went down, yet until a poster showed the Zimm tweet an hour or so ago, they were still lobbying for him to get the job.

Comment

http://www.wtmj.com/sports/college/e...lavall-jackson

Article out of Milwaukee that says TJ was initially offered the job there before the search committee was overruled by the Chancelor. Interesting...
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I wonder if that's the same source that told him Nagy informed the players he was quitting by phone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Or due diligence.

Comment

Found something interesting, Family friend of T.J.'s wife, fellow UNO women's basketball coach, Brittany Lange tweeted the following: So much good news swirling around today! Can't stop smiling about the future for all those involved #rightfit

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJack303 View Post
                                Found something interesting, Family friend of T.J.'s wife, fellow UNO women's basketball coach, Brittany Lange tweeted the following: So much good news swirling around today! Can't stop smiling about the future for all those involved #rightfit
                                She could have been referring to Amy Williams to Nebraska as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X