Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    So he didn't get the job because he's white... give me a break. It is interesting that his hometown passed on him
    No ... the assertion was made that if he couldn't get job in his hometown ... then should he be considered for SDSU. My point I that there is more going on in the decision making process than you would like to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsiouxjack View Post
      Wow, wbcsas, you and TJ must be tight, every job that the guy has ever applied for (Iowa State, Washington, UW Milwaukee, Nebraska, SDSU, UND etc....) you are a member of their message boards. It sounds like you are either TJ's agent or even closer.....keep the insights coming
      Tight? No.

A fan of his? Sure.

Should I not be?

FYI ... stalk anyone recently?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        We seem to have attracted some new posters who have their favorites.
        Good! New posters are great. Hopefully, these don't get run off within the next few weeks.
        I visit this forum almost daily. I RARELY post because frankly, I don't have much to add outside of opinions. That being said, I do appreciate insight from more than a dozen or two posters.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
          Tight? No.

A fan of his? Sure.

Should I not be?

FYI ... stalk anyone recently?
          Stalking? Not hard to Google "wcbsas" and find anything you've ever posted on a message board. That's what you get for using a unique username.

Comment

When you are in the situation at Iowa State, you take risk and sometimes you get caught, Nagy took some risk during transition and some panned out, others didn't. There are different types of risk, small school guys, short guys, slower guys, foreigners, etc. At Iowa State they made a decision to target transfers, and targeted quite a few, yes some of them went to jail, some didn't work out, but you could argue they were way more successful then they were before.

I don't think he didn't get the job UWM because he was White, but I do agree it probably didn't help matters, especially when they fired the current coach.

He'd be alright at SDSU, as would any of the candidates, again its one of those that you really don't know until 2-3 years down the line.

Comment

I don't know if Due Diligence is stalking, this is a job that is one that is huge for SDSU and huge for the state of South Dakota. Perhaps if Iowa State would've done some more background checking on Larry Eustachy they'd have found his love for Natural Light Ice and Coed parties in Columbia, or Arkansas would've identified that Bobby Petrino is a poor motorcycle driver when he has his volleyball playing mistress on the back seat or maybe USC woulda found out that Steve Sarkisian would take a swig from grandma's cold remedy before practices......you call it stalking I call it looking into "Red Flags"

Comment

Originally posted by IowaRabbit View Post
                Good! New posters are great. Hopefully, these don't get run off within the next few weeks.
                I visit this forum almost daily. I RARELY post because frankly, I don't have much to add outside of opinions. That being said, I do appreciate insight from more than a dozen or two posters.
                Feel free to post your opinions - that's really what all of us are doing 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsiouxjack View Post
                  I don't know if Due Diligence is stalking, this is a job that is one that is huge for SDSU and huge for the state of South Dakota. Perhaps if Iowa State would've done some more background checking on Larry Eustachy they'd have found his love for Natural Light Ice and Coed parties in Columbia, or Arkansas would've identified that Bobby Petrino is a poor motorcycle driver when he has his volleyball playing mistress on the back seat or maybe USC woulda found out that Steve Sarkisian would take a swig from grandma's cold remedy before practices......you call it stalking I call it looking into "Red Flags"
                  Maybe I missed this - Are you working for the University to conduct their due diligence?

Comment

Well said BigSiouxJack. This a BIG deal for South Dakota. Gotta know who you're hiring.
                    And if ANYONE is a "stalker" it's wcbsas.
                    If you're NOT Coach Otzelberger then you have a creepy habit of posting pro-Otzelberger stuff wherever he is a candidate (which is apparently lots of places).

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
                      Maybe I missed this - Are you working for the University to conduct their due diligence?
                      Yes, I am a tax payer if that is what you are asking

Comment

Originally posted by CasualJacksFan View Post
                        Well said BigSiouxJack. This a BIG deal for South Dakota. Gotta know who you're hiring.
                        And if ANYONE is a "stalker" it's wcbsas.
                        If you're NOT Coach Otzelberger then you have a creepy habit of posting pro-Otzelberger stuff wherever he is a candidate (which is apparently lots of places).
                        How is it stalking? Am I tracking you all over the internet? Copying things you've said/posted? I'm fine with you doing it because I'm fine with my opinions. I AM fan of TJ Otzelberger. SDSU would be lucky to get him and he would be lucky to get SDSU job.

I apologize if my opinions bother you.

I do not see it as a creepy habit ... to each our own I guess.

Comment

For what its worth, it appears that Ryan Miller is out at UNLV. He has removed #UNLVmbb from his twitter bio. Miller is still under contract at UNLV but the new coach has already hired 3 new assistants although nothing is finalized yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
                            so do you not think there is a correlation between character misconduct of players and recruiting? I could understand 1-2 arrests maybe but 5......that shows how important character is when your out recruiting. I want to win as bad as anyone but I also want kids that are good kids for brookings sd.

like I said I'm glad I'm not making the hire and for all we know sell might not even think of tj as a candidate.

just looking into a so-called top candidate thought it would be fun to debate. Tj could be one heck of a guy or coach however Just think some things are alarming or risky for the great steady job we have. Maybe I'm reading too much into stuff who knows.
                            Obviously you're a huge Miller supporter and/or relative so I think you're pushing the anti-Tj narrative a bit much. The charges were dropped against one player so you have 2 players were arrested after they were out of ISU and 2 years after Tj left for Washington. The 2 got an OWI the summer before TJ's second year at WU. Is there no time limit for how long an coach is responsible for players he may or may not recruited? Didn't Freddy have a say about what kind of hoodlums were being brought in to his program?

Also, he was only in Washington 2 years but he' s responsible for their record. You also forgot to mention Washington had the # 7 ranked recruiting class in 2015. Color me shocked.

I don't really have an opinion on TJ but I think think you're laying way to much at the feet of an assistant coach when he wasn't even there. Perhaps you should stick to fawning over Ryan and his all important global connections.

Comment

I want to say that there is a 75% chance that Miller will be the new head men basketball coach at SDSU if he wants it. That is just my opinion.

I don't care if he doesn't have any head coaching experience. You have to start somewhere, why not here? Basketball lives in that family.

Comment

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m3 minutes ago
                                Four names I am hearing for South Dakota State: Vince Taylor, T.J. Otzelberger, Tom Billeter and Ryan Miller.

Taylor is an assistant at Texas Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X