• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-2017 Schedule

Any word on out of conference opponents and or tournaments for next year

Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Originally posted by jacksfan 93 View Post
    Hoping for the great alaska shootout. Let Connor play some home games.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan 93 View Post
      Murray St will be returning a home game per comments made by Coach Nagy on Sunday nights Jackrabbit Insider.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Murray St will be returning a home game per comments made by Coach Nagy on Sunday nights Jackrabbit Insider.
        Was wondering if that was ever gonna happen...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Non-conference game at Wyoming

http://www.wyosports.net/university_...1958f3407.html

Comment

Any news in this area?

I had a thought recently on this topic so thought I would share it and generate some conversation. It seems almost impossible for SDSU to schedule major programs in home and homes on the men's side. Which leads me to consider the factors. If attendance is a factor that makes sense however, the Sanford Pentagon has a capacity of 3200 and they have teams lining up to play there. I think if SDSU could figure out a way to get a home and home with regional power foes (Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State ,Nebraska) it would be a good way to strengthen schedule and bring in revenue to the University. Also what are thoughts out there about having a early season tournament either in Brookings or Sioux Falls? I think that would be fun and a good way to bring in teams, revenue, fans etc. Just throwing it out there and thought this thread seemed like the most appropriate spot for it.
            Last edited by jacksfan2011; 05-09-2016, 09:51 PM. Reason: fixed capacity number

Comment

The major conference team games in the Pentagon are heavily subsidized by Sanford I am sure. No way a major conference team is going to give up a home gate to come to Frost. Perhaps possible that TJ will get a mentor to bring a team as a personal favor once but that would be the limit. An early season tournament would be fun, but again the money talks and to bring in three teams for a tournament would get you two games and probably require three pay back games in the future. A joint effort with USD in Sioux Falls that would bring two other teams in a round robin type where SDSU and USD each play the other two schools might work but at best the other schools would be mid major. But even that would probably mean two fewer home games in Brookings.

Comment

Can't "host" any games in the arena if we want that to be the home of the Summit tourney. IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Can't "host" any games in the arena if we want that to be the home of the Summit tourney. IIRC
                  Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    We can host in the Pentagon, just cant host in the Premier Center, correct?

Comment

I think the Pentagon holds about 3,200 people, not 4,300. Big games sell out rather easily. With limited seating like that, it probably takes a pretty healthy subsidy from sponsors to put good games together.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        We can host in the Pentagon, just cant host in the Premier Center, correct?
                        I believe that's correct. Host may not be the right word either.

Comment

In 2013, the Jackrabbits hosted the Legends Classic which brought Texas Southern, Lehigh, and Howard to Frost Arena. Each team played 2 games in 2 days. The crowds were small. It was Monday and Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving. I would guess that it was not good timing for home games prior to the holiday. The post Thanksgiving and post Christmas games have drawn OK at the Pentagon and they might even do OK at Frost if they bring an equal team that has been at the Pentagon. The thing we can agree is that scheduling for men's mid major basketball is a tough job.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacked_Up;297087]I think the Pentagon holds about 3,200 people, not 4,300.

Good catch, I'll fix the number on my original post; thanks for the insight guys

Comment

Sdsu will play in a round robin "classic" with UWM, UC Irvine, and East Tennessee state, all with 20+ wins last year. Best part - it is at the Pentagon. Nov 25-27.

http://gojacks.com/news/2016/6/2/men...-showcase.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X