Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagy to Wright State

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...25870532710401
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That is a gold star for the coach.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        That is a gold star for the coach.
        Coach Nagy's Chicago/Illinois connections are going to be what makes or breaks his career at WSU. He got a ton of awesome recruits from Illinois to middle-of-nowhere Brookings, SD. He will get some really good Chicago/Illinois talent to Ohio, IMO.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Former SDSU commit Loudon Love-Vollbrecht (2016) has signed on with Wright State to play for Coach Nagy. Probably a good deal for both of them.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Former SDSU commit Loudon Love-Vollbrecht (2016) has signed on with Wright State to play for Coach Nagy. Probably a good deal for both of them.
            Big loss for the Jacks. SDSU has gone from being post-rich to post-thin in a month.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Big loss for the Jacks. SDSU has gone from being post-rich to post-thin in a month.
              Meh, he wasn't going to fit the new system. After his de-committed, the chances of him recommitting were slim to none.

Theisen will just have to be smarter with his fouling. I think teams can get away with "small ball" in the Summit. All you need is good guard play to be in every game.

Comment

I honestly believe that he decommitted because Otzelberger didn't want him. If Otz wanted Loudon, he would still be coming to SDSU in the fall.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                  I honestly believe that he decommitted because Otzelberger didn't want him. If Otz wanted Loudon, he would still be coming to SDSU in the fall.
                  I've come to the conclusion that the biggest difference between Coach Otz and Coach Nagy on the offensive end is that TJ is going to try to push the tempo in the game (maybe even with the defense he calls) were as Scott would want to play at tempo when it was there, but he wouldn't try to dictate it.

If we are going to try to play as fast as possible, TJ probably wants posts that can sprint block to block, which might not play to the strengths of a 6'8" 280 lbs post.

If my conclusion is correct, I believe it's best for all parties that Loudon ended up at Wright State.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Possibly, depending on the reasons behind it. However, I think every team in the Summit would be quite content to have our post situation. We have a sophomore that will be the preseason MVP pick backed up by a veteran who has seen it all in two years of solid service. Sure it would be great to have another, but things could be much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Meh, he wasn't going to fit the new system. After his de-committed, the chances of him recommitting were slim to none.

Theisen will just have to be smarter with his fouling. I think teams can get away with "small ball" in the Summit. All you need is good guard play to be in every game.
                      A non shooting post, I suspect Nagy sees a rebounder and pick setter here. I have to agree he represents Nagy work in terms of recruiting so maybe his decommiting was probably the best choice. I don't know how quick he is but good move.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Agree. Onto more discussion about players that want to be at SD State.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think we are about in the same situation that we were last year as far as posts go. We lost Devine(who played some) but we add Dykman. I would like to have one more post so Reed or Lane don't have to play a ton at PF but if we have to keep things pretty much as they were last year, I can live with it.
                          We just need our 3 bigs to stay healthy and out of foul trouble.
                          Our men's post next season should be as good or better than our women's post's last year and that worked out good enough for me.

Comment

Unfortunate to lose him but if he doesn't want to be here then all the best to him.

I guess my take is very optimistic about how recruiting has gone since TJ was hired. He and Klink and the other coaches seem to have hit the ground running and had some success. This isn't either of their first rodeo recruiting and they know what they want. For only a couple weeks in I'm very excited about the future of this team under Coach Otz! Everyone else in that boat?

If they think we need a big they will get one. If they see a need elsewhere that is where they will go!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Harumph!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                              X