Nagy to Wright State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagy to Wright State

Don't see it happening, but the following mentions Nagy as the possible new head coach at Wright State (Horizon League)
    http://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-32916/
    Last edited by hareball; 03-29-2016, 07:29 AM.
    USD Fan

Re: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    Don't see it happening, but the following mentions Nagy as the possible new head coach at Wright State (Horizon League)
    Quite honestly this is a step down IMO, the only reasons to do this are Pay and Geography.

Comment

Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of the heading?

Scared me.

Comment

HOOP DIRT?? Where did that come from?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Quite honestly this is a step down IMO, the only reasons to do this are Pay and Geography.
          Not sure that location would be an advantage. There are more potential recruits in and around Ohio, but there's also a bunch of other more competitive Div.I programs in the area. To me, the only reason that Nagy leaves would be for a job close to home in the Illinois area where he has family and recruiting connections.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Not sure that location would be an advantage. There are more potential recruits in and around Ohio, but there's also a bunch of other more competitive Div.I programs in the area. To me, the only reason that Nagy leaves would be for a job close to home in the Illinois area where he has family and recruiting connections.
            I guess I was implying it was "closer to home".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Last salary I could find on former HC from Wright State was around $245,000.

Comment

Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                Just a reminder, I think, that Coach Nagy has made a mark on Mid-Major basketball and people have noticed. SDSU needs to pay him whatever it takes to keep him.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Just a reminder, I think, that Coach Nagy has made a mark on Mid-Major basketball and people have noticed. SDSU needs to pay him whatever it takes to keep him.
                  I would agree and hope there are donors willing to step and help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I would agree and hope there are donors willing to step and help out.
                    The BOR is meeting Wednesday and one of the items expected to be approved being able to offer multi-year contracts. I believe up to 4 years if I heard correctly. That is why a new football coach at a lesser university to the south has not signed his contract since being hired.

Comment

I've heard this from a good source as well. I am guessing Wright State is going to up the salary from the last coach to get someone in there to win.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        The BOR is meeting Wednesday and one of the items expected to be approved being able to offer multi-year contracts. I believe up to 4 years if I heard correctly. That is why a new football coach at a lesser university to the south has not signed his contract since being hired.
                        This post has the odor of smack, but you're safe, it's your board.

And when Nagy signs a new multi year deal, you can thank that "lesser university to the south" for paving the way.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          This post has the odor of smack, but you're safe, it's your board.

And when Nagy signs a new multi year deal, you can thank that "lesser university to the south" for paving the way.
                          That is a positive spin to say "when Nagy signs".
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            That is a positive spin to say "when Nagy signs".
                            I would say very positive. I hope he stays.

Comment

The only surprise is that it took this long for the rumors to start bubbling up.

'Tis the season . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X