X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Could be, but saw a national ranking system that has her at #52 in the country.
    Even better. Hope we have a shot.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I get a kick out of how well we play against more "heralded" teams full of "burger girls" (McDonalds All-Americans) and/or Hoop girls top 100 players.Our motto should be " you don't have to flip burgers to be on a good team",anything with the same theme.....LOL.

Disclaimer:
      Not intended to be a slight against the fine hard working employees of such a hallmark eatery ,such an "American Icon" as McDonalds. To the contrary,the award itself is very prestigious and sought after and named in the honor of these hard working ,dedicated employees that make it so.I find it interesting ,incuding myself,after being away from America for awhile ,upon returning,that's the first thing people wish for is a big old McDonalds burger,fries and Coke,that's a real testament to how rooted into American culture McDonalds and all fast food Industries in general are here,and how they're taken for granted here and how much we miss them when we are away for an extended amount of time..
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-06-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I get a kick out of how well we play against more "heralded" teams full of "burger girls" (McDonalds All-Americans) and/or Hoop girls top 100 players.Our motto should be " you don't have to flip burgers to be on a good team",anything with the same theme.....LOL.

Disclaimer:
        Not intended to be a slight against the fine hard working employees of such a hallmark eatery ,such an "American Icon" as McDonalds. To the contrary,the award itself is very prestigious and sought after and named in the honor of these hard working ,dedicated employees that make it so.I find it interesting ,incuding myself,after being away from America for awhile ,upon returning,that's the first thing people wish for is a big old McDonalds burger,fries and Coke,that's a real testament to how rooted into American culture McDonalds and all fast food Industries in general are here,and how they're taken for granted here and how much we miss them when we are away for an extended amount of time..
        The 'burger girls' - that is a classic. Me being an old none politically correct guy. The disclaimer it's perfect also

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
          The 'burger girls' - that is a classic. Me being an old none politically correct guy. The disclaimer it's perfect also
          Thanks,but I cannot take credit for coining that phrase because I heard someone else in another forum use it to describe the aforementioed McDonalds All- American selections.I too thought it a classic.

Comment

Thanks,but I cannot take credit for coining that phrase because I heard someone else in another forum use it to describe the aforementioed McDonalds All- American selections.I too thought it a classic.
            Well I can't help it -- we do have Chick-fil-A restaurants here in California. Chick-fil-A -- All-America team. I don't know if they're in the Midwest. That sounds better?! Maybe not - that sounds too much like Playboy. Better stop before it gets any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Centennial High appears to be the same high school Megan Waytashek attended.
              Wasn't Megan our last top 100 hoop girls recruit? Something like #87 ,ranked somewhere in the 80's if I recall correctly. Kerrie Young seems to be following in her footsteps with some of the nifty passes she's delivered.Megan was noted for her high arching 3 pointers,she had a knack for shooting those.In the NCAA Tournament against Ore St. it was commented on after she launched one with "my goodness,there was plenty of air time on that 3 point shot"....had to chuckle about that because we were so used to seeing her shoot those,and for them seeing one of those for the first time.

Comment

Wasn't Megan our last top 100 hoop girls recruit? Something like #87 ,ranked somewhere in the 80's if I recall correctly. Kerrie Young seems to be following in her footsteps with some of the nifty passes she's delivered.Megan was noted for her high arching 3 pointers,she had a knack for shooting those.In the NCAA Tournament against Ore St. it was commented on after she launched one with "my goodness,there was plenty of air time on that 3 point shot"....had to chuckle about that because we were so used to seeing her shoot those,and for them seeing one of those for the first time.
                Believe Madison Guebert was a top 100 recruit.

Comment

Wasn't Megan our last top 100 hoop girls recruit? Som
                  ething like #87 ,ranked somewhere in the 80's if I recall correctly. Kerrie Young seems to be following in her footsteps with some of the nifty passes she's delivered.Megan was noted for her high arching 3 pointers,she had a knack for shooting those.In the NCAA Tournament against Ore St. it was commented on after she launched one with "my goodness,there was plenty of air time on that 3 point shot"....had to chuckle about that because we were so used to seeing her shoot those,and for them seeing one of those for the first time.
                  If I remember correctly we were going to have 4 top 100 recruits on the team this year until Tonia Wade left. I think the three remaining are Macy, Madison and Tagyn

Comment

AJ snags another from MN. https://twitter.com/jordan_ferrand/s...18192130973696

Comment

This site lists her as a 3 star recruit with offers from USD, DePaul, Missouri St. and Wake Forest.

Comment

Story on Ferrand: https://prospectsnation.com/story/fe...h-dakota-state

Comment

This is great news,our roster for the forseeable future will be loaded.Good height on the roster,quick guards with good handles ,excellent shooters,great defenders.Jackrabbit basketball at it's best.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            This site lists her as a 3 star recruit with offers from USD, DePaul, Missouri St. and Wake Forest.
                            Stealing her from Wake Forest an ACC team,and DePaul makes me feel pretty good.

Comment

This is great news,our roster for the forseeable future will be loaded.Good height on the roster,quick guards with good handles ,excellent shooters,great defenders.Jackrabbit basketball at it's best.
                              This gal is listed a center in the info I found. That position should be solid going forward. That position has shown more strength as Ober took over for Clarin as AJ has filled with bigger players. Clarin was athletic, but she was not able to get the blocks or impede with the wingspan Ober has brought.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                This gal is listed a center in the info I found. That position should be solid going forward. That position has shown more strength as Ober took over for Clarin as AJ has filled with bigger players. Clarin was athletic, but she was not able to get the blocks or impede with the wingspan Ober has brought.
                                2018 a long way down the road - are we over on scholarships in '18? Great class!

Comment

Working...
                                X