This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruits

In the photo,left to right , it's Hirschman,Rongisch,Burckhard,Ferrand,Stapleton? Seemes kind of unclear who's who.

It'd be awful hard to schedule and be expensive to fly them all in just for a group picture, that's the reason for the Photo-shopped picture I suspect.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-08-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      In the photo,left to right in the picture, it's Hirschman,Rongish,Burckhard,Ferrand,Stapleton? Seemes kind of unclear who's who. What's a NLIS? I think they meant to say NLOI?
      I'd argue it should be NLIs - plural for NLI (National Letters of Intent) with the "s" being lowercase. It is likely it is NLIs but the headline text forces it to be all capital letters.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I'd argue it should be NLIs - plural for NLI (National Letters of Intent) with the "s" being lowercase. It is likely it is NLIs but the headline text forces it to be all capital letters.
        I edited my post to mention this might be the case too,but then deleted that part,thinking i was being too nit-pickey about it to begin with.

Comment

Great bunch of speedy ball handlers - women's game getting faster, quicker, stronger -

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nor/437462002/

Pretty impressive looking at the list of past honorees and realizing how many AJ has been able to keep in South Dakota. Burckhard is going to be a great addition next season.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nor/437462002/

Pretty impressive looking at the list of past honorees and realizing how many AJ has been able to keep in South Dakota. Burckhard is going to be a great addition next season.
              She should be able to step in and fill Sydney Palmer's roll right off the bat - with an extra inch of height. Here's a Midco feature piece on her from earlier this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                She should be able to step in and fill Sydney Palmer's roll right off the bat - with an extra inch of height. Here's a Midco feature piece on her from earlier this winter.

Is Palmer leaving the team or something?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Is Palmer leaving the team or something?
                  Cripes - no... For some reason I was thinking she was a senior. Like I was saying: We'll sure have some depth at the forward position with Burckhard and the Sydneys...... Hopefully either Ferrand and Hirschman (both listed at 6'2) will be ready to help out Larson in the paint.

Comment

Cripes - no... For some reason I was thinking she was a senior. Like I was saying: We'll sure have some depth at the forward position with Burckhard and the Sydneys...... Hopefully either Ferrand and Hirschman (both listed at 6'2) will be ready to help out Larson in the paint.
                    If we get some help at the post, Larson may get some 4 time too. Many of the other players could play 3 or 4 or Myah Selland could even back up the 2.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: 2018 Recruits

I have only seen Burckhard play the whole championship game a part of another game but she seemed more like a post to me. She used her body and got good position down low to score. I didn't know if she was tall enough to do that for SDSU or not.
                      Didn't she get into foul trouble in 2 of the 3 games at state, too. College DI games are much quicker then high school girls AA basketball so I hope she can avoid that, too.
                      The person doing the sports for KDLT said that she was going to Northern so I was wondering about that but I remembered that I heard that she was going to SDSU. I hope I just don't have a big enough sample size but I'm not as confident that she will come in and light it up. Maybe some of this has to do with SDSU's lack of recruiting post players lately.
                      Myah can help out wherever but she can't play everywhere at once so having two of the new taller players help would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        If we get some help at the post, Larson may get some 4 time too. Many of the other players could play 3 or 4 or Myah Selland could even back up the 2.
                        I don't know if I can see Myah playing a lot at the 2 or not. We seem to be weaker in the post and between Macy, Madi, Theuninck, Ciscio Jensen, Irwin and maybe one of the two recruits; we should be good at the 1 and 2.
                        Macy played a lot at the 3 this year so she can still man that spot.
                        You could possibly move Irwin to the 3 but SDSU only has 5 (6 with Macy) other players coming back to play the 3, 4 and 5. We will see how much Tracy and Bultsma play next year. That only leaves Larson, Palmer and Myah for returning post players. There are three recruits coming in that are post players so maybe there is more depth there than I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I don't know if I can see Myah playing a lot at the 2 or not. We seem to be weaker in the post and between Macy, Madi, Theuninck, Ciscio Jensen, Irwin and maybe one of the two recruits; we should be good at the 1 and 2.
                          Macy played a lot at the 3 this year so she can still man that spot.
                          You could possibly move Irwin to the 3 but SDSU only has 5 (6 with Macy) other players coming back to play the 3, 4 and 5. We will see how much Tracy and Bultsma play next year. That only leaves Larson, Palmer and Myah for returning post players. There are three recruits coming in that are post players so maybe there is more depth there than I think.
                          I see Selland's future being a 4/5. Offensively she could easily play on the perimeter, but not sure she could match up well defensively. She spent a lot of time on the run against Villanova trying to close out on 3 point shooters (but she certainly wasn't the only Jack doing that). I could see Irwin playing the 3 with Miller and Guebert at the guard spots, with Theuninck gradually working her way into the line-up at the point.

Comment

There is one more chance to see Paiton play as a high schooler this coming April 8th in the girls All-star Game. Here's the link

Comment

Working...
                            X