• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Recruits

This article indicates Payton Brotzki has an offer from SDSU

http://journalstar.com/payton-brotzk...01bd4f48d.html

Re: 2018 Recruits

She would be a good get. Obviously was pretty dominant at the Class B level as a sophmore. My gut sense is that she will blow up over the next couple of years and will end up at a P5 conference. Hope I am wrong and we can get in on her.

Comment

Has anyone seen Paiton Burckhard from Aberdeen Central play? She has nice height and has been pretty dominant at the AA level as a Sophmore.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        She would be a good get. Obviously was pretty dominant at the Class B level as a sophmore. My gut sense is that she will blow up over the next couple of years and will end up at a P5 conference. Hope I am wrong and we can get in on her.
        I guess it's good that the only P5 school that has offered her so far is Illinois. If there is a P5 program we could pull an athlete away from, it should be them (and Minnesota of course...).

Comment

Lauren Rongisch, sophomore guard from Millard West HS in the Omaha Metro has committed...https://twitter.com/Lrongisch10/stat...65249627492353

Hudl...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2701644/lauren-rongisch

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            Lauren Rongisch, sophomore guard from Millard West HS in the Omaha Metro has committed...https://twitter.com/Lrongisch10/stat...65249627492353

Hudl...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2701644/lauren-rongisch
            When you look at that video, it seems like Guebert, part two.

Comment

I wonder who else offered her or was looking at her? Perhaps a steal from Williams future team?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                When you look at that video, it seems like Guebert, part two.
                The two could light it up together in 2018,Guebert as a Sr and Rongisch as a Fr,the rich get richer hopefully.I kind of expect our recruiting to get to a very high level the next few years if we continue to have great seasons ahead of us.

Comment

Who was our last HS player from Nebraska?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    I'm not sure if she was the last, but Stacie Cizek will never be forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      We have had huge success recruiting Nebraska in football, but a big reason why is that the Huskers are our only Nebraska based competition for D1 talent. In sports like basketball and baseball, we are also competing against programs like Creighton and UNO. With the majority of talent in Nebraska within an hour drive of Lincoln/Omaha, we are competing against schools that can easily have parents at all home games - even if they work that day. SDSU is close, but they will still have to take a day off of work (unless it is a weekend) and get a motel room for after the game.

Few of these young adults have a legit shot to advance their careers in the sport they compete in. So if they can get a great education close to home, that can be difficult to compete against.

All things considered, I'd love to find a few more Daum's in other sports from Nebraska migrate north. I'm doing my part to alert the coaching staff and sharing information.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        We have had huge success recruiting Nebraska in football, but a big reason why is that the Huskers are our only Nebraska based competition for D1 talent. In sports like basketball and baseball, we are also competing against programs like Creighton and UNO. With the majority of talent in Nebraska within an hour drive of Lincoln/Omaha, we are competing against schools that can easily have parents at all home games - even if they work that day. SDSU is close, but they will still have to take a day off of work (unless it is a weekend) and get a motel room for after the game.

Few of these young adults have a legit shot to advance their careers in the sport they compete in. So if they can get a great education close to home, that can be difficult to compete against.

All things considered, I'd love to find a few more Daum's in other sports from Nebraska migrate north. I'm doing my part to alert the coaching staff and sharing information.
                        Great points. This goes along with how many recruits we've gotten from Minnesota as UM is the only DI program for basketball in the state. Meanwhile, Iowa has 4, Wisconsin 4, and Nebraska 3

Comment

was told Rongisch injured her knee this weekend------concern is the ACL. she did the same to the other knee previously.

Comment

unfortunately yes, she tore other acl this past weekend - surgery next week

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                            was told Rongisch injured her knee this weekend------concern is the ACL. she did the same to the other knee previously.

Comment

got a couple years to recover. she will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X