X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruits

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    2018 a long way down the road - are we over on scholarships in '18? Great class!
    Macy Miller will likely still be here as a redshirt senior. I am not sure how the numbers are for the year.

Here is a story about the Omaha recruit Rongisch.
    http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/bask...466f55c62.html
    Last edited by OldHare; 01-26-2017, 03:50 PM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Macy Miller will likely still be here as a redshirt senior. I am not sure how the numbers are for the year.

Here is a story about the Omaha recruit Rongisch.
      http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/bask...466f55c62.html
      No doubt a very talent young lady, but with all those ACL tears??? She is going to need her senior year to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        No doubt a very talent young lady, but with all those ACL tears??? She is going to need her senior year to heal.
        Makes me wonder if she won't be a redshirt as a freshman similar to Gabby.

Comment

Addison Hirschman was 3-5 from the 3pt. line today as she led Kingsley-Pierson to its first 5-man win at the Iowa State GBB Tournament earlier today. Altogether, she had 22 points, 10 boards, 7 assists and 4 blocks. Pretty impressive.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Addison Hirschman was 3-5 from the 3pt. line today as she led Kingsley-Pierson to its first 5-man win at the Iowa State GBB Tournament earlier today. Altogether, she had 22 points, 10 boards, 7 assists and 4 blocks. Pretty impressive.
            5-man win?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              5-man win?
              I assume it's in reference to the fact that most schools in that area used to play 6 man (or more accurately, woman) basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                5-man win?
                Well Iowa use to play 6-man basketball for women until 1993. So Kingsley-Pierson may have won in 6-man basketball, but this is their first 5-man win.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  Well Iowa use to play 6-man basketball for women until 1993. So Kingsley-Pierson may have won in 6-man basketball, but this is their first 5-man win.
                  Reaching back into the past, Rachel Halsrud had not played 5 man bb before she came to SDSU. She was a very good player. It was back in the Nancy Nieber era. I cannot recall where she came from.

Comment

The Iowa 6 on 6 game was played with 3 girls on each end. The forwards were the offense and the guards were on defense and the center line divided the two entities. If any player dribbled more than 2 times, it was a turnover since only 2 dribbles were allowed per personal possession. Passing and shooting were normally quick enough that shot clocks would not have been needed for any good team. It was not unusual for a feature forward player to score 40-60 or more points per game. The 6 on 6 teams changed over a number of years until that all the teams were phased out in the 1990's. The Everly Cattlefeeders were the local perennial power team that seemed to always make it to state playoffs.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Iowa 6 on 6 game was played with 3 girls on each end. The forwards were the offense and the guards were on defense and the center line divided the two entities. If any player dribbled more than 2 times, it was a turnover since only 2 dribbles were allowed per personal possession. Passing and shooting were normally quick enough that shot clocks would not have been needed for any good team. It was not unusual for a feature forward player to score 40-60 or more points per game. The 6 on 6 teams changed over a number of years until that all the teams were phased out in the 1990's. The Everly Cattlefeeders were the local perennial power team that seemed to always make it to state playoffs.
                      Nice to have you old guys and your "recollections" around, assuming of course you're old enough to remember those years.I remember the times too,but just that it was different than SD ,all I knew was 3 on offense and 3 on defense and the half court line was the divider, the offensive players didn't play defense and the defensive players didn't play offense . I didn't pay attention to all the details you provide.

Comment

Wow...i'm briefly recalling this happened in Iowa but it still blows me away. Thankfully for everyone involved they bagged the 6-man game! Thanks all for the info.

Comment

I did not know about the two dribble rule. Way back at Sinai High School one of my older sisters played this stuff. My only recollection is not being able is some not being able to cross the center. If this was applied today's game Daum would not be wasted on defense. I bet he would score 100 on more than one occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Nice to have you old guys and your "recollections" around, assuming of course you're old enough to remember those years.I remember the times too,but just that it was different than SD ,all I knew was 3 on offense and 3 on defense and the half court line was the divider, the offensive players didn't play defense and the defensive players didn't play offense . I didn't pay attention to all the details you provide.
                            I am not that old, but my wife played 6 on 6 basketball.

Comment

o.k.,sounds good...thanks for her memories relayed to you then

Comment

I think you are saying your wife is old?

Comment

Working...
                                X