2016 Spring FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Spring FB

I'm excited for spring ball hopefully our roster questions will be answered. I like zims article definitely touched on a few of my questions.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...nday/82251106/
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-27-2016, 04:58 PM.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Re: 2016 Spring FB

Most concerned about offensive line. Not sure the incoming freshman offensive lineman are the caliber we have been getting as we didn't get any of the early offers.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Most concerned about offensive line. Not sure the incoming freshman offensive lineman are the caliber we have been getting as we didn't get any of the early offers.
      I might be reading into things, but I think former DT Sepesitiano Pupungatoa has moved to guard and has a shot to start. The only reason I have to think this is I saw a tweet from the new O-Line coach where he tweeted a technical O-Line coaching video to Nick Carr, Matt Clark, Jacob Ohnesorge, Charlie Harmon and Pupungatoa. Possible starting O-Line next season?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I think the O-line will be fine. Biggest holes are at DB and LB. Overall, on paper, the team looks solid.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          I think the O-line will be fine. Biggest holes are at DB and LB. Overall, on paper, the team looks solid.
          I am never really that worried about the linebackers. Always seems to be guys able and willing to step in and be a spot of strenght on defense. Online is probably be biggest conern followed by DBs.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any reason why? I don't know much about the position group, but I wasn't impressed with last year's crew at all. Do we have people returning from injury or new guys coming in?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Any reason why? I don't know much about the position group, but I wasn't impressed with last year's crew at all. Do we have people returning from injury or new guys coming in?
              6"8 315 lb Nick Carr comes back from injury at the tackle spot.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Ohnesorge is a star, Harmon showed promise last year and Carr is back. That's a pretty good start
                This space for lease.

Comment

Ohnesorge is a star, Harmon showed promise last year and Carr is back. That's a pretty good start
                  Depth could be an issue though. Hope they are developing young guys. Just doesn't seem like we have had as good of recruits compared too other positions. Depth and talent at running back or linebacker steping up is pretty high. But depth at oline is tough. Only takes 1 weak link.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Totally agree with all of you the Oline is my biggest worry, hopefully Carr can come back without missing a beat and our youth can get tougher. No offense to Flynn but I think a new oline coach could be a good thing maybe a few more new techniques etc. overall I think Flynn did a good job while he was here. I think at CB there we will be ok Brown got a lot of snaps and hopefully the transfer Parker can make a difference and the freshman look promising. I think we will fill TJ s spot well, there's no replacing him but we have a lot of young guys eager to get out there and the transfer Hopp also. I do think the pass rush needs to improve also
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Web Series: Spring Football 1st & Goal - Linebackers
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VDG...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Web Series: Spring Football 1st & Goal - Linebackers
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VDG...ature=youtu.be
                        It's unofficially football season for this guy! Looking forward with optimism to what this season holds. How much do you guys love Bobbit's energy and mentality?

Comment

Zimmer's first spring football article: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sdsu/82343034/

Here are a few thoughts I had:
                          Good to hear that Jordan Brown is standing out, I think he will have a huge year.
                          Awesome to have Nick Carr back.
                          Hopeful that Banasiak can contribute this year.
                          Disappointing to hear Zenner is still having to sit out, hopefully he can get back in soon.
                          Lastly, interesting that Christion changed from #1 to #3 (his number from high school), I assume he wanted it last year but senior Brandon Andrews had it. One can only assume this will lead to him having an all star year.

Comment

Don't see transfer Chris Parker on the roster or Austin Smenda. Can anyone confirm if they are participating in spring ball?

Comment

Web Series: Spring Football 1st & Goal - Tight Ends
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?ATCLID...&v=-JKg2tt3KcI

Comment

Working...
                              X