Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

The game is Monday the 21st at 8PM CDT Broadcast on ESPN2.

The rabbits will need to score well like last game and take better care of the ball.

I like our chances if we get a fair game. (Tries not to mention Baylor, still bitter. If we win that might go away)

Re: 12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Sure glad the Miami game is done,them having forced 22 TO's on us.We can be a lot more focused without worrying about getting the ball up the court as much against Stanford.Stanford presents different challenges,for one, they'll probably shoot the ball much better,so we have to do like wise.

Comment

If SDSU is going to win against Stanford they will need to do the following:

1. Cut down on turnovers (shouldn't be as big as a problem as it was against Miami)
      2. Guebert will have to make her usual shots
      3. Miller and Young do what they do
      4. Ober and Thompson need to establish themselves defensively and rebound. (Stanford starts 2 6'3 players, McCall can shoot the 3 as well)
      5. Guard the 3 point line.
      6. Control the crowd noise

Can anyone explain to me why Boever feels the need to shoot 3's? I don't mind her driving to the basket but she can't shoot the ball. Is she trying to keep the defense honest?
      Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-20-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

The Stanford team is not at the level it has been in recent years or the PAC 12 is improving. The Cardinals have had several losses in games where they have shot from low 20% to high 30% field goal efficiency. Arizona St is the tape we should be studying since they handled the Cardinals twice this year. There are 4 PAC 12 teams in the top 11 in RPI this year. The #13/#16 AP Top 25 team has a load of good athletes and some steady supply of 6'0"-6'3" women to play the game. The 2 6'5" players do not log many minutes. There normally will be a couple of 5'7" sized guards on the floor with 2 bigger forwards and 1 6' forward who scores volumes(14.5). Last night the San Francisco team allowed the Cardinals to run too much and there were like 20 assists by Stanford. Stanford had 40 points in the paint last night. Defense will be very important for the Jackrabbits and try to be another one of the teams that effects the shooting efficiency of the Cardinals. Outside of conference play Stanford scores over 6 more points per game than in conference which be an indication of the improved defense of the PAC 12. It appears that if Stanford shoots less than 40%, the chances of winning increase dramatically. Stanford averages about 15 turnovers per game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

1. Cut down on turnovers (shouldn't be as big as a problem as it was against Miami)
          4. Ober and Thompson need to establish themselves defensively and rebound. (Stanford starts 2 6'3 players, McCall can shoot the 3 as well)

Can anyone explain to make why Boever feels the need to shoot 3's? I don't mind her driving to the basket but she can't shoot the ball. Is she trying to keep the defense honest?
          This. I ask the same thing. She (Boever) rarely makes a 3 so why take it? She is in there to disrupt things on defense. Taking that 3 is like a turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            This. I ask the same thing. She (Boever) rarely makes a 3 so why take it? She is in there to disrupt things on defense. Taking that 3 is like a turnover.
            You can't have her defender double team another Jackrabbit,or camp inside,so I have no problem she takes up to a couple per game if she's wide open.She rarely does anyway,unless she hits some first.AJ could cut her off if he wanted,so he must be OK with when/how many she takes.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-20-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I don't know anything about Stanford, other than the fact that they'll be very hard to beat on their home court. Here are the most recent RPI numbers from RealtimeRPI (they don't include yesterday).

Stanford: 9
              SDSU: 50
              (Miami was 25).

Best wins:
              Oregon (RPI 5)
              George Washington (RPI 23)
              Tennesee (RPI 28)

Worst losses:
              Santa Clara (RPI 63)
              Washington (RPI 33)

That Washington loss was their last game prior to the NCAA Tourney.

Comment

Press conferences from this morning are now online!

Here are players Gabby Boever, Kerri Young and Clarissa Ober: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGqKiPhvyU

Here's AJ's press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRor0dfDwd4

Finally, Stanford head coach Tara VanDerveer had plenty of nice things to say about South Dakota State as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08AESPHRe5w

Comment

Tara VanDerveer is a class act.

I got a little chuckle when she was talking about how the Miami head coach went up to her a few days ago and said SDSU is a good team. She then replied "I know, we played them."

She praised both South Dakota and South Dakota State.

Comment

Tara VanDerveer is a class act.

I got a little chuckle when she was talking about how the Miami head coach went up to her a few days ago and said SDSU is a good team. She then replied "I know, we played them."

She praised both South Dakota and South Dakota State.
                    You listen to people around the country who follow women's ball and most are saying USD got jobbed. Loved when their coach said she scratched her head that s
                    SDSU wasn't in the Sioux falls bracket. .. btw. USD beat Minnesota today.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why Boever feels the need to shoot 3's? I don't mind her driving to the basket but she can't shoot the ball. Is she trying to keep the defense honest?

i had to agree with the announcer-----i was just as surprised as she was to see her in the game at the end (regarding boevers ft %) when everyone knew miami had to foul.

Comment

I just watched replay,of Miami game,we made a ton of mistakes,missed some bunny's,but each and every time,we made up for it.It amazes me how this team,for as young as they are,doesn't let these mistakes phase them and how much confidence they play with.This and our rock solid defense should give Stanford a lot to worry about.The confidence of this team just keeps building,and they play with a lot of resiliency.I like our chances and know we'll be in the game until the end.

Comment

According to this site, SDSU has a 7% chance of winning tonight. I like our chances a bit more than that, but regardless, this will be a huge win if the women can pull it off.

Comment

This is going to be the longest day.....

Comment

This is going to be the longest day.....
                              tick tock tick tock
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X