Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Congrats to the yotes and if they win it, its a nice consolation prize. Id still rather be in the Big Dance and lose and done or as with us, win one and done. Nobody in america know about this except the around here. A lot of people in the country saw our games on espn. Sure its was a lot of fun 2 years ago but it still isnt better than the ncaa tourney.
    Should have been two Summit League teams in the tournament. Coach from Oregon said USD team is as good as any team in the Pac10. Indicated small conferences are penalized.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Should have been two Summit League teams in the tournament. Coach from Oregon said USD team is as good as any team in the Pac10. Indicated small conferences are penalized.
      I agree

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        What else can he say ? He just got run over by a team that shot 15-21 from downtown and were throwing in shots from half court. As good as any Pac12 team ? There are two of them in the real Final Four. He is correct that USD should have gotten in.

Comment

Congrats to the yotes and if they win it, its a nice consolation prize. Id still rather be in the Big Dance and lose and done or as with us, win one and done. Nobody in america know about this except around here. A lot of people in the country saw our games on espn. Sure it was a lot of fun 2 years ago but it still isnt better than the ncaa tourney.
          Thats not what I recall people saying a couple years back.....

*Not claiming you were saying anything but there were people here crowing about how it was better making a WNIT final four run than going to the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

*Not claiming you were saying anything but there were people here crowing about how it was better making a WNIT final four run than going to the tourney.
            You're right. There was a little dustup between some SDSU fans and some USD fans -- seems like a few partisans may now wish to take the opposing view.
            Oh well.

Comment

Congrats coyote good luck in the finals.. make the Summit League happy by winning the wnit.

Comment

I think people got tired of making the NCAA tournament and losing in the 1st round by 20 points. I think that run in WNIT helped SDSU the past few years in the big dance. It gave this years Junior and Seniors experience in making a long post-season run besides in the SLT. A 1st round NCAA loss is still better than a deep WNIT but there are advantages in making a deep WNIT especially with a younger team. I don't know how much this helps USD in the future with them being an older, senior lead team. Regardless, good for usd and the Summit League.

"JT
                ‏@JtESPN991
                Scenes like tonight in Vermillion are why mid majors are way better off making a deep run in the NIT than a early exit from NCAA imo"

JT is a Sioux Falls Sports Radio Personality.

Argus Leader SportsVerified account
                ‏@ArgusSports
                Poll: What's better? A #WNIT championship game or #NCAA berth and lose in first round?

It's only fitting that the Argus would come up with this question.
                People in this area are showing how dumb they are. NCAA tournament will always be >>>> WNIT/NIT
                Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-31-2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  I think people got tired of making the NCAA tournament and losing in the 1st round by 20 points. I think that run in WNIT helped SDSU the past few years in the big dance. It gave this years Junior and Seniors experience in making a long post-season run besides in the SLT. A 1st round NCAA loss is still better than a deep WNIT but there are advantages in making a deep WNIT especially with a younger team. I don't know how much this helps USD in the future with them being an older, senior lead team. Regardless, good for usd and the Summit League.

"JT
                  ‏@JtESPN991
                  Scenes like tonight in Vermillion are why mid majors are way better off making a deep run in the NIT than a early exit from NCAA imo"

JT is a Sioux Falls Sports Radio Personality.

Argus Leader SportsVerified account
                  ‏@ArgusSports
                  Poll: What's better? A #WNIT championship game or #NCAA berth and lose in first round?

It's only fitting that the Argus would come up with this question.
                  People in this area are showing how dumb they are. NCAA tournament will always be >>>> WNIT/NIT
                  I agree with your assesment of the NCAA vs WNIT/NIT.The NCAA Tournament is much tougher to advance,heck,the 2nd round and your playing anywhere from the #1 ranked team in the nation ( the #1 over all seed) to a #16 ranked team(the worst #4 seed) on their home court.In the WNIT,you play against some really good teams ,maybe one or two ,but that's it.It's still an accomplishment,but it really is like a consolation prize.That said,I hope USD gets the prize since they've come this far.One more game,winner takes all,although the loser is also mentioned in the record book as the runner up.I also think both SDSU and USD should of played in the NCAA Tournament,this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I know there were people thinking the WNIT run was better. It was certainly a lot of fun but in my opinion the NCAA tourney is where we want to be even if we lose the first game. Even if we would have won the WNIT, i still would have that same opinion. But again good for them. I do remember many down south making fun of our excitement for the WNIT and how the NCAA tourney was better. They seem to be quite excited right now just like we were. BTW, i havent and wont cheer for them in anything, i dont care if they are in our conference. I read their board too much to like them.
                    Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 03-31-2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to the women of USD's basketball team. It comes as no surprise that they have made it this far and will probably win the national title. They should have been in the NCAA tourney. That said, I still don't like the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        Congratulations to the women of USD's basketball team. It comes as no surprise that they have made it this far and will probably win the national title. They should have been in the NCAA tourney. That said, I still don't like the place.
                        They will win the WNIT, not the national championship. Thats for uconn to win. The wnit is just another tournament.

Comment

Why does it always have to go to this debate. I think we can all agree that both runs are impressive and should be lucky of the quality of WBB in the state.

Comment

Talked to my friend from TCS last night. They took a HUGE hit when Oregon came back and beat UTEP. That hurt them badly.

For TCS its about making money. UTEP draws 12-15K for these games. Oregon, Michigan, and FGCU draw nothing. USD does the best and choosing them as the host was easy.

Bids don't come close to what the gate at a UTEP or Wyoming game draw, hence the reason SDSU hosted early round games and then went on the road in 2007 and 2014.

So, had UTEP held on and beat Oregon as everyone at TCS was hoping for, USD would have been on the road. If either of the other teams playing tonight attracted more than 5000 fans USD would have been on the road. So, things fell in place just right for the WNIT championship game to land in Vermillion.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I know there were people thinking the WNIT run was better. It was certainly a lot of fun but in my opinion the NCAA tourney is where we want to be even if we lose the first game. Even if we would have won the WNIT, i still would have that same opinion. But again good for them. I do remember many down south making fun of our excitement for the WNIT and how the NCAA tourney was better. They seem to be quite excited right now just like we were. BTW, i havent and wont cheer for them in anything, i dont care if they are in our conference. I read their board too much to like them.
                              I spend too much time around too many coyote fans......this is the right attitude. There was nothing but disdain and ridicule (with the rare exception) for Jackrabbit fans when we were cheering on our women in the NCAA's or WNIT before USD made the move to DI. My oh my how they have changed their tune. I suppose that's human nature.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Better, worse, who cares. I'm proud of all our SD teams and their accomplishments. Good for the USD fans and those young ladies. They were very impressive last night!

Comment

Working...
                                X