National Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Tournaments

Northern looses by 2. Had a chance with a wide open 3 at the end but missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
      Northern looses by 2. Had a chance with a wide open 3 at the end but missed.
      I thought Northern had some terrible possessions in the last 2-3 minutes with guards taking it to the basket and throwing up bad shots or turning it over. And Doyle was wide open underneath on the last 3 pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I thought Northern had some terrible possessions in the last 2-3 minutes with guards taking it to the basket and throwing up bad shots or turning it over. And Doyle was wide open underneath on the last 3 pointer.
        Both teams kind of did that. The bigs didn't touch the ball much the last few minutes. I think fatigue was a factor especially for Northerns guards.

Comment

Occasionally an article endorses non power at large selections.
          https://www.yahoo.com/sports/loyola-...034007234.html
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Occasionally an article endorses non power at large selections.
            https://www.yahoo.com/sports/loyola-...034007234.html
            Lots of truth in the article. What are the chances that a P5 school is going to come into Frost arena next year? The opportunities for mid majors to play P5 schools at home is pretty much zero and the new quadrant system isnt going to help encourage them to do it.

Comment

Lots of truth in the article. What are the chances that a P5 school is going to come into Frost arena next year? The opportunities for mid majors to play P5 schools at home is pretty much zero and the new quadrant system isnt going to help encourage them to do it.
              Doesn't the quadrant system encourage neutral and road wins? If so, I would think that would increase our chances of us getting a P5 school in Frost. But - I'm not going to hold my breath as it is so far from happening now.

Comment

How can the NCAA Selection Committee, in all consciousness, use "strength of schedule" as a criteria for selecting "at large" teams for participation in their tournament when, that's precisely what keeps the P-5 teams from playing mid-majors in the first place. How can mid-majors possibly strengthen their schedules when p-5 teams won't play them? How then can mid-majors ever get a fair evaluation. They are basically shutting the door on mid-majors ever getting an "at large" bid.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  How can the NCAA Selection Committee, in all consciousness, use "strength of schedule" as a criteria for selecting "at large" teams for participation in their tournament when, that's precisely what keeps the P-5 teams from playing mid-majors in the first place. How can mid-majors possibly strengthen their schedules when p-5 teams won't play them? How then can mid-majors ever get a fair evaluation. They are basically shutting the door on mid-majors ever getting an "at large" bid.
                  You sound surprised by this. Mid-majors don't bring in the money. Their fanbases are, generally, smaller and don't have the same amount of donors. The NCAA only cares about making money and if they can bring in a P5 team with a 50/50 record over a 28-4 mid-major team, they will. Why do you think Wichita St left the MVC and we are hearing rumors of Gonzaga jumping ship for a better conference? They know the system doesn't work for them in those conferences, and the NCAA will screw them over for it.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    You sound surprised by this. Mid-majors don't bring in the money. Their fanbases are, generally, smaller and don't have the same amount of donors. The NCAA only cares about making money and if they can bring in a P5 team with a 50/50 record over a 28-4 mid-major team, they will. Why do you think Wichita St left the MVC and we are hearing rumors of Gonzaga jumping ship for a better conference? They know the system doesn't work for them in those conferences, and the NCAA will screw them over for it.
                    Gonzaga has made 20 consecutive NCAA tourney appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Gonzaga has made 20 consecutive NCAA tourney appearances.
                      Gonzaga is a mid-major by name only at this point. Their budget, fanbase, coaching salaries, and everything else clearly make them not a mid-major.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Gonzaga is just playing the WCC for tournament share concessions. As much as they want to be in a better conference they know they can pad their record better where they currently are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Doesn't the quadrant system encourage neutral and road wins? If so, I would think that would increase our chances of us getting a P5 school in Frost. But - I'm not going to hold my breath as it is so far from happening now.
                          It only helps if the opponent has a high enough RPI. I would guess one more quadrant one win doesn't offset the loss of home game revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            How can the NCAA Selection Committee, in all consciousness, use "strength of schedule" as a criteria.
                            There’s your mistake. The NCAA and the Big 6 have no conscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think it’s safe to say the best team in the tournament won the NCAA tournament. Tired of listening to the pundits talk about how this tournament doesn’t do that.

Villanova is really really really good. And IMo Jay Wright is the best coach in the nation right now and probably has been the last few years. Fun team to watch...Congrats Nova.

Who’s ready for some “One Shining Moment”?!?
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                I think it’s safe to say the best team in the tournament won the NCAA tournament. Tired of listening to the pundits talk about how this tournament doesn’t do that.
                                I mean ... a lot of years it doesn't. Whether that's good or bad is debatable, and not really that important, but just because the best team won this year, doesn't mean it always (or even usually) happens.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X