Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU ad campaign

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    "while the Jacks have managed just three FCS playoff wins and haven’t defeated their northern rival since 2009"

Lol, classic Whitney jab. Funny article though, I hadn't heard anything about it.
    At least he has a valid point. Read some of the football threads and there seems to be a general sentiment that our FB is a national power.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      I don't know where else to put this but I think this article is interesting

http://www.argusleader.com/story/new...form=hootsuite
      I'm slightly disappointed the trophies aren't coming to Sioux Falls. The obscene photos SDSU fans could have taken while posing with them would have been priceless.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
        "Phone calls and emails came fast and furious to Scheels this week, keeping store manager Chris Kray busy. Rystrom and other SDSU alumni, many of them outdoor sportsmen, threatened to take their business elsewhere if the Bison trophies made an appearance."

I would not be too enthused if it came, but that is a little dramatic.
        From a business standpoint though how can Scheels not see that this may rub many in this region the wrong way? I mean yeah there are some Bison fans in the Sioux Falls region but SDSU and USD fans are going to far out number them. Maybe they did this intentionally just for press.

I just don't see it getting a lot of excitement in Sioux Falls. It's not like it's the Lombardi Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          I'm slightly disappointed the trophies aren't coming to Sioux Falls. The obscene photos SDSU fans could have taken while posing with them would have been priceless.
          Yeah, but unlike some up at NDSU, we have class.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Yeah, but unlike some up at NDSU, we have class.
            That's a good one...too bad the class doesn't show during your tailgates...oh but wait...you guys wouldn't remember that.

Comment

Scheels new exactly what they were doing when they scheduled the trophies to arrive in Sioux Falls. It wan't a coincidence that it happened to land during the SLT weekend. There is going to be a lot of extra people in Sioux Falls and they thought people would want to go see NDSU football trophies. Weird that SDSU fans don't want to see them or have them in the city this weekened. They could have picked any other weekend and the community would have been fine with it imo. Bringing up football during March Madness and basketball season, can't say that I'm not surprised NDSU/Scheels would do this.

WE GET IT, NDSU IS GOOD AT FOOTBALL!
              I'm going to start shopping at Dicks Sporting Goods instead of Scheels now!

Comment

So after the Bison women lose at the SL we can chant "Boycott Scheels, Boycott Scheels"? .... oh, wait!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  That's a good one...too bad the class doesn't show during your tailgates...oh but wait...you guys wouldn't remember that.
                  At least we know the National Anthem ends with "Brave" and not "Bison."
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that NDSU spends so much money running TV ads in South Dakota to try to recruit students. In the spirit of neighborliness, here are a few slogans that Bison administrators and marketers are free to use to attract new students and reduce the inbreeding up there.
                    "Fargo: It's not as cold as you think!"
                    "They made a movie about us!"
                    "We play football good!"
                    I bet other suggestions would be welcome.
                    OR

We have beat half the teams in your state and working on the other

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      OR

We have beat half the teams in your state and working on the other
                      And we're 4-0 against the other team in our state in the D1 era. But go ahead and get cocky about ONE big win since youve moved up. Because when you finish in 8th place, does it really matter?

Comment

Some posts suggest this "controversy" was contrived -- an intentional act designed to get some attention. They may be on to something.

Remember last year during the opening day of the Summit Tourney, Scheels had a t-shirt display visible to everyone entering the store. One mannequin was wearing a USD shirt and had its arms positioned so that they pointed to the ground. The other mannequin was wearing an SDSU shirt and the mannequin was positioned so that it was higher than the USD mannequin and had its arms up and outstretched as if the mannequin was celebrating. The mannequins were repositioned the next day into what I would call neutral positions.

I smell a marketing rat. Is someone at Scheels conjuring up what appear to be accidental, unplanned controversies? I don't have a problem with that kind of marketing but the risk for the store is that marketing designed to attract positive attention and sales from a certain group, can also turn away potential sales if another group feels slighted or insulted or simply has a problem with the group getting the favorable attention in the advertising effort.

Hey, I found the picture--it's fuzzy because I was walking by and used my phone.

][

I laughed when I saw the display (and took a picture to show others). If I was a Coyote fan, I would not have had the same reaction. Probably most USD fans just walked by and didn't think much about the display but I wonderered at the time,'what the heck Scheels was thinking?', risking upsetting a significant number of fans in town who may have brought their wallets into Scheels.
                        Last edited by JackJD; 03-02-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Who from the Sioux Falls area would go to a store to look at Bison football trophies? Maybe a couple of Bison lap dogs in the media and a few alums seeking a better life in South Dakota. That's about it. An empty oil barrell from Williston would be more interesting.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I know we'll be in Scheels at least once during the tourney and Scheels will have some new gear that we'll add to the collection!

Comment

Here's a picture taken in the Rapid City Scheels last year. This display featured women's T's for the following major universities: South Dakota State, Nebraska, Oregon, Duke and Texas.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                At least we know the National Anthem ends with "Brave" and not "Bison."
                                And this speaks volumes of the bison mental disorders.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X