X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carson Wentz

Just Read this.

@ColinCowherd
    Multiple sources : Goff is now THE guy among teams wanting QB. Rams knew/heard that. Had to move up

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Just Read this.

@ColinCowherd
      Multiple sources : Goff is now THE guy among teams wanting QB. Rams knew/heard that. Had to move up
      There's also this

Sam Farmer Verified account 
      ‏@LATimesfarmer
      To reiterate -- Rams are leaning toward Carson Wentz but Jared Goff still heavily in the mix. Will turn over every stone. Definitely a QB.

Comment

I think Goff will be the better pro, fwiw.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Whether it's Goff or Wentz at No. 1, who's next in the draft order with a serious need at QB? In other words, how far does the other guy fall?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            Whether it's Goff or Wentz at No. 1, who's next in the draft order with a serious need at QB? In other words, how far does the other guy fall?
            Cleveland will take a long look at #2, even with RGIII

Comment

I have to say that when I watched Wentz play I was impressed but at no time did I think, "Wow, this guy could be a first-rounder." And he may go one or two. Still wondering what I missed at the time.

It is amazing how the "experts" are fawning over this guy. I wish him well.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                So the Titans just traded out of the number 1 pick with the Rams.
                Rams trade #15 (1st rnd), #43 (2nd rnd), #76 (3rd rnd) PLUS their 2017 1st and 3rd round picks.
                Titans trade #1, #113 (4th rnd), and #177 (6th nd).

Presumed target as the #1 pick for the Rams.... Carson Wentz. Holy ****.
                Rams obviously didn't learn a lesson. This is almost what they got from Washington from giving up the number two pick that turned out to be RGIII.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                  Cleveland will take a long look at #2, even with RGIII
                  They oughta take a long look ESPECIALLY BECAUSE of RGIII. Guy is gun-shy in pocket and not an accurate passer. Bad combinations in the NFL,

Comment

ESPN just reported that Philadelphia traded up to the #2 pick. Assuming St. Louis goes with Goff, Sal Palantonio figures the Eagles will take Wentz with the #2 pick.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

image.jpgThis should make NDSU fans happy...

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]786[/ATTACH]This should make NDSU fans happy...
                        Even with a first round draft pick they still can't get it right. Us dakota schools are just going to have to deal with it. On a side note I think they updated blake trienins espn page to say south dakota state now. No south dakota anymore.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I watched a recent episode of Gruden's QB Camp on Carson Wentz and it was a great marketing piece for NDSU. Love him or hate him, it is an entertaining show.

The Bison hit a home run when they signed Wentz as a walk-on over 5 years ago. His success within a very successful program has played a key role in a positive marketing storm for NDSU. Getting ESPN Gameday to Fargo twice was huge. Now ESPN is airing Wentz and the Bizon 26 times in the buildup for the draft.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Rabbits, but the program up north has done an amazing job of branding their image while building a football dynasty. We are making strides, but it will be difficult to match what they've accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            I watched a recent episode of Gruden's QB Camp on Carson Wentz and it was a great marketing piece for NDSU. Love him or hate him, it is an entertaining show.

The Bison hit a home run when they signed Wentz as a walk-on over 5 years ago. His success within a very successful program has played a key role in a positive marketing storm for NDSU. Getting ESPN Gameday to Fargo twice was huge. Now ESPN is airing Wentz and the Bizon 26 times in the buildup for the draft.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Rabbits, but the program up north has done an amazing job of branding their image while building a football dynasty. We are making strides, but it will be difficult to match what they've accomplished.
                            Stig coached Poppa Wentz at NSU, and Carson was offered by SDSU. Living ND apparently tipped the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              He was a walk-on? I don't recall that. One of their O-Lineman that could potentially go to the NFL was a walk-on but I don't Wentz was.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                He was a walk-on? I don't recall that. One of their O-Lineman that could potentially go to the NFL was a walk-on but I don't Wentz was.
                                You are correct. Carson was one of two recruits from North Dakota in 2011:

http://www.gobison.com/news/2011/2/2/8931.aspx

A rather interesting class of 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X