Carson Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carson Wentz

I think Wentz is good enough to succeed and maybe even be a star in the NFL.

With that being said, professional success will likely be about what team he ends up playing for - the system he is in, the opportunities he receives, and how well the team develops his talent. If he could get into a Brett Favre - Aaron Rodgers situation, I would not be at all surprised to see him blossom into a star. That type of entry into the league is the exception for a highly rated quarterback though.

I haven't watched enough to have much of an opinion, much less an expert one. The only "negative" thing I will say is that he didn't put up gaudy numbers in college. A quick look shows one 300+ yard game, and 10 games with less than 200 yards. He certainly didn't have to throw a lot for the Bison to be successful, but if I was an NFL GM or coach that would be a red flag.

By all accounts, he is the kind of person that will represent NDSU well, and I wish him the best.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I think Wentz is good enough to succeed and maybe even be a star in the NFL.

With that being said, professional success will likely be about what team he ends up playing for - the system he is in, the opportunities he receives, and how well the team develops his talent. If he could get into a Brett Favre - Aaron Rodgers situation, I would not be at all surprised to see him blossom into a star. That type of entry into the league is the exception for a highly rated quarterback though.

I haven't watched enough to have much of an opinion, much less an expert one. The only "negative" thing I will say is that he didn't put up gaudy numbers in college. A quick look shows one 300+ yard game, and 10 games with less than 200 yards. He certainly didn't have to throw a lot for the Bison to be successful, but if I was an NFL GM or coach that would be a red flag.

By all accounts, he is the kind of person that will represent NDSU well, and I wish him the best.
      Kind of what they said about crokett too. He never had huge 200 plus yard games because he didnt have too. But seemed to get a good chance.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Usually this time of year we are hearing about several of our players and their pro-days. Do we have any graduates getting NFL looks?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Usually this time of year we are hearing about several of our players and their pro-days. Do we have any graduates getting NFL looks?
          Cam Jones and JeRyan Butler are the two that come to mind. I know Cam is currently working out for that chance.

Comment

So the Titans just traded out of the number 1 pick with the Rams.
            Rams trade #15 (1st rnd), #43 (2nd rnd), #76 (3rd rnd) PLUS their 2017 1st and 3rd round picks.
            Titans trade #1, #113 (4th rnd), and #177 (6th nd).

Presumed target as the #1 pick for the Rams.... Carson Wentz. Holy ****.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              So the Titans just traded out of the number 1 pick with the Rams.
              Rams trade #15 (1st rnd), #43 (2nd rnd), #76 (3rd rnd) PLUS their 2017 1st and 3rd round picks.
              Titans trade #1, #113 (4th rnd), and #177 (6th nd).

Presumed target as the #1 pick for the Rams.... Carson Wentz. Holy ****.
              Yep, **** just got real. Head over to Bisonville if you want to join the wild ride. I still can't believe that an NDSU kid WILL go #1, and I am a lifelong Bison fan. This is nuts.

Comment

Amazing. Couldn't happen to a better kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Amazing. Couldn't happen to a better kid.
                  Agreed. A lot of respect to what they have done up North. If Carson does go #1 that is still something that is for sure. We all knew he was damn good but before this past season I think the general consensus would be 3rd-4th round which seemed like something special by itself back then. Good for the kid. Seems like a classy kid. It is a really good thing for smaller programs who typically do things the right way. I'm rooting for the kid.

Comment

I would how ever like to go home for lunch most days and watch sport center and not have to sit through 10 minutes of ESPNs man crush on him.

Not to take away from his going 1st, or 1st round by the least of it, but probably benfits from this drafts weak QBs. Similar to how Wolters got drafted 2nd round. Most years Wolters I dont think ever gets drafted, but it worked out to raise his chances. Just not the situation for where he ended up. Wentz appears to be deserving of getting drafted and drafted high. Shows how important the NFL is for getting a good QB. I dont know what postions in the draft are going to be really strong, just know the QBs available are not the hyped up QB classes that have been before.

Seems like a great kid and a lot of fan bases would probably love to cheer for. Selfishly I sort of hope he struggles just to take a little starch out of the NDSU machine and their egos.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I would how ever like to go home for lunch most days and watch sport center and not have to sit through 10 minutes of ESPNs man crush on him.

Not to take away from his going 1st, or 1st round by the least of it, but probably benfits from this drafts weak QBs. Similar to how Wolters got drafted 2nd round. Most years Wolters I dont think ever gets drafted, but it worked out to raise his chances. Just not the situation for where he ended up. Wentz appears to be deserving of getting drafted and drafted high. Shows how important the NFL is for getting a good QB. I dont know what postions in the draft are going to be really strong, just know the QBs available are not the hyped up QB classes that have been before.

Seems like a great kid and a lot of fan bases would probably love to cheer for. Selfishly I sort of hope he struggles just to take a little starch out of the NDSU machine and their egos.
                      How about we promise not to bring the trophys to Sioux Falls again. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                        Yep, **** just got real. Head over to Bisonville if you want to join the wild ride. I still can't believe that an NDSU kid WILL go #1, and I am a lifelong Bison fan. This is nuts.
                        I'm just glad he avoided being drafted by Cleveland. QB's go there to die.

Comment

I hope he does get drafted first.

Not often an SDSU fan can say they saw the first pick in the NFL draft play in Brookings.

Congrats to Carson.

PS. And NOT trying to pee on any cheerios here, as I do hope he gets picked first.
                          -are we sure they are trading up for Wentz and not Goff? I don't watch alot of the draft stuff anymore(I used to), but saw the Gruden's QB Camp stuff with Goff, and I have to admit, I came away very impressed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Not often an SDSU fan can say they saw the first pick in the NFL draft play in Brookings.

Congrats to Carson.

PS. And NOT trying to pee on any cheerios here, as I do hope he gets picked first.
                            -are we sure they are trading up for Wentz and not Goff? I don't watch alot of the draft stuff anymore(I used to), but saw the Gruden's QB Camp stuff with Goff, and I have to admit, I came away very impressed with him.
                            Apparently he has tiny hands so that drops his stock. Sure seems its Wentz and Goff as the QBs worth anything or to draft high in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Congrats to Carson.

I'm hearing primarily that the Rams are after Goff. Could be FUD, though. Who knows? It's the NFL.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I'm hearing primarily that the Rams are after Goff. Could be FUD, though. Who knows? It's the NFL.
                                Everything I've seen is that it will be Wentz

Comment

Working...
                                X