Carson Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson Wentz

Not sure if this is the right section for this, but I was curious as to what your guys' thoughts are on Carson Wentz being the #2 overall pick (Cleveland Browns) in Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. Does he actually have a future in the NFL? Is it just a product of an extremely weak QB class?

Re: Carson Wentz

I really want him to fall to #4 to my Cowboys. I think he's the real deal.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I really want him to fall to #4 to my Cowboys. I think he's the real deal.
      I do too. He has pro QB written all over him.

Comment

Hope he doesn't go to the Browns. That is a black hole for young QB talent.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I think he's the real deal as well. Great head on his shoulders, perfect size for the NFL, a proven winner, can make every throw, and he is mobile enough to be a threat outside the pocket.

I really don't see anything he is lacking other than the level of competition he played against.

Comment

It's going to be cool to see Wentz as a starter in the NFL. He'll succeed. The guy is a winner. Hopefully he doesn't go to the Browns.

I won't ever draft Wentz on my fantasy team though!

Comment

My only question with Wentz in the NFL is his accuracy. He has absolutely made some highlight real passes over his career, but I have also seen him miss some routine throws that an NFL caliber QB shouldn't miss. I saw some reports from the Senior Bowl practices that essentially said the same thing. For any FCS level (even though Wentz was great) QB to be considered to be the best QB in this draft shows that there isn't really a proven elite-level QB in the draft this year.

He will still be better than Johnny Football.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                I don't remember who it was, but I got in an argument with someone on here about J. Football prior to him being drafted. I think the argument was about who was going to be better, him or Bridgewater, and the other poster made the argument that J. Football would be better because he played against SEC competition.

Sounds just about as bright as the ESPN writer who, when writing about Wentz, made the remark that FCS competition was worse than every single FBS team.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                  My only question with Wentz in the NFL is his accuracy. He has absolutely made some highlight real passes over his career, but I have also seen him miss some routine throws that an NFL caliber QB shouldn't miss. I saw some reports from the Senior Bowl practices that essentially said the same thing. For any FCS level (even though Wentz was great) QB to be considered to be the best QB in this draft shows that there isn't really a proven elite-level QB in the draft this year.

He dominated the senior bowl, came out as the top QB hence the draft hype, still has to perform at the combine
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    He dominated the senior bowl, came out as the top QB hence the draft hype, still has to perform at the combine
                    Assuming he will be throwing at the combine, correct? Or has he opted not do?

Comment

I too, think Wentz will succeed in the NFL. I've felt that way ever since that playoff game vs NDSU two years ago, that final drive...his TD pass win it.

There was something about his demeanor on that play...I've never seen a QB more calm and collected. Shotgun...didn't even move after the snap...faked the handoff one way and lasered it to Urzendowski the other way....it was incredible.

Plus, even more important than that, from what I understand, he's a solid dude off the field. Yeah, definitely rooting for him, and am excited to see where he ends up.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                        Not sure if this is the right section for this, but I was curious as to what your guys' thoughts are on Carson Wentz being the #2 overall pick (Cleveland Browns) in Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. Does he actually have a future in the NFL? Is it just a product of an extremely weak QB class?
                        Well that's just unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Assuming he will be throwing at the combine, correct? Or has he opted not do?
                          Im assuming he will need to as there are still "small school" roadblocks, no doubt he has been working with the best to perfect things
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            I too, think Wentz will succeed in the NFL. I've felt that way ever since that playoff game vs NDSU two years ago, that final drive...his TD pass win it.

There was something about his demeanor on that play...I've never seen a QB more calm and collected. Shotgun...didn't even move after the snap...faked the handoff one way and lasered it to Urzendowski the other way....it was incredible.

Plus, even more important than that, from what I understand, he's a solid dude off the field. Yeah, definitely rooting for him, and am excited to see where he ends up.
                            Carson is the idea athlete, big, smart, tough and a great leader. Going out and drinking and showing off is the last thing on his mind. He is a student of the game 24/7, which is something you don't see much anymore
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              Carson is the idea athlete, big, smart, tough and a great leader. Going out and drinking and showing off is the last thing on his mind. He is a student of the game 24/7, which is something you don't see much anymore
                              That's good to know. He seems like an easy guy to cheer for at the next level.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X