Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carson Wentz

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I think this thread has gotten quite nasty enough, thanks all.
    I deleted my nasty post. You have to admit that all 32 franchises of the NFL have more than their share of well paid bone crushers and this what I feel Carson will have to deal with. Zack Zenner went into then 2015 season with optimism, only to have his ribs crushed by a rookie, whose name I forget and now has to fight for a place on the roster this coming year. I would hope that Carson does not have this experience, but he is going to have get to know and friend every Eagle lineman on the team. The NFL>MVFC. My deleted post was not well thought out, but was what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 04-29-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      Yes he did. NDSU won that game 37-6
      Ha, I forgot they played them in the playoffs too. I'm in no way taking anything away from Carson. I respect him as a player and even more as a person. He just seems like someone you can't NOT like. I'm just saying he didn't have a perfect college career so the expectation for him to have an amazing pro career before he's played a snap might be a bit of a reach. I think it's great for college football (both FBS and FCS) to see a kid like him go #2 overall. Just shows you there's more to college football than the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
        Ha, I forgot they played them in the playoffs too. I'm in no way taking anything away from Carson. I respect him as a player and even more as a person. He just seems like someone you can't NOT like. I'm just saying he didn't have a perfect college career so the expectation for him to have an amazing pro career before he's played a snap might be a bit of a reach. I think it's great for college football (both FBS and FCS) to see a kid like him go #2 overall. Just shows you there's more to college football than the SEC.
        What about the guy whose social media account was hacked and this video of him puffing on Bom went viral? Quite the contrast with Carson, but I hope he can find a way to deal with this mean-assed bone crushers who want to take him out of the entire NFL.

Comment

I know he played for "the other guys" still pretty cool he's going to grace the cover of sports illustrated
          https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...15851654451200
          Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I know he played for "the other guys" still pretty cool he's going to grace the cover of sports illustrated
            https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...15851654451200
            Let's hope the SI cover jinx applies to his previous team and not his future one.

Comment

As long as he stays off the cover of Madden he'll be ok.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Let's hope the SI cover jinx applies to his previous team and not his future one.
                Your premonition for Wentz came true unfortunately. He has a hairline rib fracture and will be out for a few weeks. Tough way to start his career. Probably wasn't going to play this year anyway, but he could have gained some valuable experience this preseason. For his sake I hope it's just a fluke injury and not an indication that he's a bit injury prone.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Your premonition for Wentz came true unfortunately. He has a hairline rib fracture and will be out for a few weeks. Tough way to start his career. Probably wasn't going to play this year anyway, but he could have gained some valuable experience this preseason. For his sake I hope it's just a fluke injury and not an indication that he's a bit injury prone.
                  The are some who just don't like rookie success and very jealous of his bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    With how their line looked it might be better for him to be out all year for his health and psyche long term.
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I'm sure you have all heard what's happening with the Minnesota Vikings and Teddy Bridgewater. (If you're living under a rock, Teddy is out for the season.) The Vikings have just made an interesting decision to acquire Philadelphia Eagles' QB, Sam Bradford.

With this trade it leaves to question what this will mean for Wentz. Do you think he will get more playing time than planned or even start a few games? I'm sure it's a confusing time in The City of Brotherly Love for everyone.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        I'm sure you have all heard what's happening with the Minnesota Vikings and Teddy Bridgewater. (If you're living under a rock, Teddy is out for the season.) The Vikings have just made an interesting decision to acquire Philadelphia Eagles' QB, Sam Bradford.

With this trade it leaves to question what this will mean for Wentz. Do you think he will get more playing time than planned or even start a few games? I'm sure it's a confusing time in The City of Brotherly Love for everyone.
                        Oh this means he's going to play this year. There's no doubt about it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          Oh this means he's going to play this year. There's no doubt about it to me.
                          I thought Wentz had some cracked ribs or something like that, but maybe that has healed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I thought Wentz had some cracked ribs or something like that, but maybe that has healed.
                            Was projected to be healed before the season starts I thought.

Comment

I saw on the ESPN ticker that Philly has announced Wentz as their starter.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I saw on the ESPN ticker that Philly has announced Wentz as their starter.

There you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X