Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major event set to open Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Doesnt Johnny still play on campus or the swiftel every year? Sure seemed like it when I was in college.
    I know he plays on Valentines day every year at the Shrine Mosque in SF. It's still a great time.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Shouldn't the unveiling of this beautiful $65 million facility be for a football game? Not a country (assumed) concert. If you want to sell out the opening football game against a team the Jacks are going to beat the hell out of you don't put a concert in there two days before the opening football game. Then the casual person who would prefer a concert over a football game is going to go to the damn concert. Then when 12,000 people show up Saturday it's going to be a joke in the 18,500 capacity stadium. This is a football stadium first. The grand opening event should be the first football game. There are many people on here, myself included, who have paid our dues going to games, paying our season tickets and Jackrabbit Club membership, paying for gate tickets. We should be the first to enjoy the game. Yes, our names are not on the stadium, but our butts in those seats over the years have driven the need for this new stadium. Football first!

Comment

Do you feel this way if the concert brings in $250k in revenue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Do you feel this way if the concert brings in $250k in revenue?

IMO...if a concert makes $250k...they better be doing 5 of them per year. Pay for that damn COA.

I love the he idea of going to outdoor concerts in the Dana...in Brookings.

Don't forget...this place will only be used 6 time/year...10 in a good year.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

6500 (18,500-12,000) x $40 per ticket = $260,000. Plus concessions.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to the concert thing. I just feel it should be unveiled for a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              6500 (18,500-12,000) x $40 per ticket = $260,000. Plus concessions.
              Mine was a rough guess.

Comment

Shouldn't the unveiling of this beautiful $65 million facility be for a football game? Not a country (assumed) concert. If you want to sell out the opening football game against a team the Jacks are going to beat the hell out of you don't put a concert in there two days before the opening football game.
                I have a hunch that the concert will be announced as taking place after the conclusion of the first game.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I have a hunch that the concert will be announced as taking place after the conclusion of the first game.
                  I believe it said in the press release that it was happening two days before the opening game.

I do hope to see some creativity in ticketing that would offer packages for non-season ticket holders to buy a packaged ticket for both the event and the first game.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Shouldn't the unveiling of this beautiful $65 million facility be for a football game? Not a country (assumed) concert. If you want to sell out the opening football game against a team the Jacks are going to beat the hell out of you don't put a concert in there two days before the opening football game. Then the casual person who would prefer a concert over a football game is going to go to the damn concert. Then when 12,000 people show up Saturday it's going to be a joke in the 18,500 capacity stadium. This is a football stadium first. The grand opening event should be the first football game. There are many people on here, myself included, who have paid our dues going to games, paying our season tickets and Jackrabbit Club membership, paying for gate tickets. We should be the first to enjoy the game. Yes, our names are not on the stadium, but our butts in those seats over the years have driven the need for this new stadium. Football first!
                    I disagree. SDSU has a very good football product, and but it needs to be exposed to more people to develop more fans. We shouldn't settle for the same fan base we had last year or the year before. Grow the base. Attract more fans. Showing off a publicly owned football stadium to a wide range of people is a good move. Show people it's an exciting place to be, and maybe they'll check out some games.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

WrestleMania 197?
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        I do hope to see some creativity in ticketing that would offer packages for non-season ticket holders to buy a packaged ticket for both the event and the first game.
                        Offer season ticket holders the first opportunity to buy their seats for the concert. To get guaranteed concert seats, they could perhaps get more season tickets sold.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                          Offer season ticket holders the first opportunity to buy their seats for the concert. To get guaranteed concert seats, they could perhaps get more season tickets sold.
                          Or one better...how about you get 1 free ticket for each season tickets you purchase for the 2016 season? Everyone else pays $75 a ticket(assuming a large act).

I'm on the fence as far as season tickets, but this would put me over the edge assuming a higher end concert. Which if Dana has anything to do with this...which I guarantee he does...it will be over the top.
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            I believe it said in the press release that it was happening two days before the opening game.

Yeah, I completely read it wrong. It's the Thursday before the game. It'll be an interesting mix of students and other people there.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                              You'll likely see something like this. There's a reason it's getting brought out with the season tickets.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                Or one better...how about you get 1 free ticket for each season tickets you purchase for the 2016 season? Everyone else pays $75 a ticket(assuming a large act).

I'm on the fence as far as season tickets, but this would put me over the edge assuming a higher end concert. Which if Dana has anything to do with this...which I guarantee he does...it will be over the top.
                                Probably Tim McGraw like at Sanford's bday party. Yawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X