Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

The Corn Showdown is not even in the conversation today. Who wants the #1 seed for the tournament and the regular season title takes a direction for the North vs the South. Both teams need to play at IUPUI, but that is not in the conversation today either. The Jackrabbits should be ready for the extended yote defense today. This could be a preview of the SLT tournament game as well. It is difficult to think that both teams do not come to play for the entire 40 minutes. The one thing in the conversation is that this is the last regular season WBB in the dome which is a great piece of news for the game of basketball as the yotes move to an arena that will be heaven compared to the current facility which is better than a parking lot. This is a game to see and it is available on Midco. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

Tough challenge today, beating USD in the dome. Two teams on a roll, one full of seniors and the other loaded with youth. It's hard to bet against the more experienced team on their home court, but if the Jacks play at a high level for 40 minutes they can certainly win. The question is whether or not they can put together a complete game. I can't say I've seen that in a while.

Comment

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...time/80614536/
      Mick Garry piece today.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

In Brookings the Yotes were the more aggressive team and that was the difference. My guess is that will be the difference today as well.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

All's not lost if we lose,but if we do, we'll be down to our last chance if both teams make it to the SLT Championship game.If we would lose there (all three meetings),I'd have to say USD is simply the best team this year with the veteran Seekamp,and maybe next year we'll get 'em.Don't think we'd get an at-large invite ,so it'd be the WNIT for this year.That said,if we beat them at their place ,and win out,ther's the possibility we could get an at-large bid if we lose the conference auto bid to someone else (probably USD)That would be a first for the Summit and unique,but I wouldn't want to have to count on it.

Comment

Thompson hits a 3, but Seekamp answers right back with a 3 of her own.

USD leads 12-8 with 3:55 left in the first quarter.

Comment

Jacks were down 6-0, but have rallied and lead 16-12 at the end of the first quarter. Jacks defense has been very good. USD has hit a couple tough contested 3's so far.

Comment

Jacks have been bad offensively in the 2nd quarter. Turnovers are plaguing them.

USD on a 13-0 run and lead 25-18 with 5:25 left in the quarter.

Comment

Williams seemed to have planted the bug with the refs. Won't let us play defense with out getting called. Not sure why we aren't trying to work through the posts. We should have the advantage there.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My guess is Jay Elsen is a USD grad.

Comment

Half: USD 34, SDSU 33.

Jacks really after USD took command with a 13-0 run.

SDSU shot 39% while USD was at 52%.

USD was 2-8 from the FT line and 4-8 from deep. SDSU was 4-12 from deep.

Thompson with 14 points and Guebert with 11 points. Seekamp with 10.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        My guess is Jay Elsen is a USD grad.
                        Yes he does Coyote Corner on Midco. I think he uses mouth tobacco too.

Comment

Really need Macy to step up. She's had a tough game so far and is 0-4 with 2 points and 3 turnovers.

USD leads by 1, 7 min left in the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Another 8-0 USD run; USD leads 42-35, 4:48 left in the 3rd. Jacks getting turnover happy again on offense.

Comment

Lack of anything from our bench doing us in again.

Comment

Working...
                              X