Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits @ Coyotes (for all the marbles)

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Objection. Assertion of facts not in evidence.

However, it's a classic trope that it's very, very difficult to beat a team three times in the same season. We shall see.
    In a subtle way, I reminded the USD fans of this by quoting Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know you are going to get".

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      A couple more bounces the Jacks way and this game is a win. SDSU played the whole game 7-8 points down. They showed no quit. Everyone knows this team is more than capable of beating USD this year. Both games came down to the last possessions which the senior lead team made a couple big plays to win the games. It's going to be another grind it out game in Sioux Falls. It's hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. I like our chances with our huge home crowd in Sioux Falls.

BTW, I still can't stand watching Amy Williams on the side line. She needs to calm down a bit. Every possession she had something to say or she was flinging her arms around.
      Williams is passionate about establishing her program as the best in the Summit League if not of all the mid-majors. AJ is almost there and I think he's gotten a little complacent when it comes to USD. I don't like the way AJ, Nagy or Stig downplay these rivalry games as "just another game". It simply isn't "just another game", these are rivalry games and carry more importance. That's my feeling anyways.

USD is better than SDSU this year. Seekamp is the major factor, take her away and clearly SDSU is better. She's not going away. She does it all, she sees the court and passes unbelievably well, she can penetrate and shoot and her defense is fantastic. So, AJ needs to figure out a way to neutralize her as she makes the rest of her teammates above average. The Jackrabbits don't seem to have that player. I thought Miller was ready to step into that role but she has shrunk in the face of true challenge.

All that said, the 2 seed is a lock and you can be certain that these 2 teams will meet again with all the chips truly on the line in S Falls. I don't know about you guys but I get the sense AJ has the same block with Williams that Stig and Nagy have with NDSU and it rubs off on the players. I know that's crazy talk but what the heck, its a crazy fan forum.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Williams is passionate about establishing her program as the best in the Summit League if not of all the mid-majors. AJ is almost there and I think he's gotten a little complacent when it comes to USD. I don't like the way AJ, Nagy or Stig downplay these rivalry games as "just another game". It simply isn't "just another game", these are rivalry games and carry more importance. That's my feeling anyways.

USD is better than SDSU this year. Seekamp is the major factor, take her away and clearly SDSU is better. She's not going away. She does it all, she sees the court and passes unbelievably well, she can penetrate and shoot and her defense is fantastic. So, AJ needs to figure out a way to neutralize her as she makes the rest of her teammates above average. The Jackrabbits don't seem to have that player. I thought Miller was ready to step into that role but she has shrunk in the face of true challenge.

All that said, the 2 seed is a lock and you can be certain that these 2 teams will meet again with all the chips truly on the line in S Falls. I don't know about you guys but I get the sense AJ has the same block with Williams that Stig and Nagy have with NDSU and it rubs off on the players. I know that's crazy talk but what the heck, its a crazy fan forum.
        I agree that it sure seems that in football and men's and women's basketball, our biggest rivals (NDSU and USD) always seem to be more "up", ready to play, and come out of the locker rooms way more aggressive than Jackrabbit teams. It's almost depressingly consistent.

Seems like the coaches are always so worried about their teams being "too amped up" that they go overboard the other way, resulting in the teams coming out flat and unready compared to the opponents. Yes, you can get too "up" but that sure hasn't seemed to be the problem lately.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Bummer that they couldn't come all the way back.

Positive that they were able to make a late run.

Someone tweeted near the end of the game... I think with 4-5 minutes left in the Game, that Young and Miller had 2 points combined from FT's, and no FG's.

If the Jackrabbits can play them that close without getting much from those 2... I've got a good feeling about Sioux Falls...and I'd be nervous if I was USD.

But, I will congratulate them here. They won. They deserved it. They have a very good team. Respect.

Comment

I think we need Bono's philosophy. He needs to talk to these teams. He doesn't let anyone get in their heads.
            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
              I think we need Bono's philosophy. He needs to talk to these teams. He doesn't let anyone get in their heads.
              Yep. He wants to kick NDSU's ass and he doesn't care if they know it.

Comment

I just get weary of "if this,and when that happens" too much of the time this year against USD. Sure Seekamp's a good player,but she's only 1/5 on the court and she's no Ratchel Banham ,who we've played against and won(they said not quite 100% though), was Paluch and crew in awe......no. They also had 6'5 Amanda Zahui B (now in the WNBA) on that team,so don't even mention Fogg. That was the only year so far we didn't make it to the dance,and we lost in the semi finals playing against UTEP in the WNIT and their 12,000 screaming fans on their home court.We made something out of that disappointment too. Respect what SeeKamp can do,then go out and stop her. I'm not so sure it's what she and the Yotes can do as much as it's what were struggling with that negatively impacts our recently played games.The team can get better,much better, if they work at it hard enough.I'm sure they will.

This teams got to quit being in awe of SeeKamp and do something to stop her and the Yotes. Isn't this supposed to be the best team we've ever assembled? They've got to start showing they're deserving of that distinction (youthful but lots of playing experience though). I'm hoping for the start we got last year against the Yotes in the SLT championship game.

Maybe a little history is in order,we've won all but one SLT auto bid since we've been eligible,and we won the Conference standings the year before we would become eligible,but were not eligible to play in that year's tournament. We've always had our perceived nemesis, that one team, always a thorn in the side, that would take the crown away and end our dominance once and for all. Oakland, UMKC (yes,they had a really good team that year) ORU (Luper and Bigham era), and USD. We've managed to win them all, except for USD that one fateful tournament game. I'm a little foggy, but I think we lost both games in the regular season against ORU before we won that years Championship game. We split with UMKC and Oak I believe during the regular season. My point is,we've been in this situation before and rose to the occasion,so,once more,I'm hoping we'll continue to find a way.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-22-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I do think that AJ, Nagy and Stig should get their players up a little more for the rivalry games. We just don't seem as intense at the beginning of most of those games. We seem to be right there in some of the NDSU football games or the USD MBB games back when we had Nate but just start out too flat.
                  I don't think I would say that AJ has that same block with coach Williams as Stig (for sure) and possible Nagy have with NDSU/USD.
                  AJ is 7-4 against coach Williams. SDSU is 0-2 this season but they were 2-1 last season and the game they lost they were missing two starters (Stevens and Megan W.). You are missing your best player(Megan W.) or second best and you only lost by 4 points on the road. This season isn't a real big surprise to me. SDSU and USD are neck and neck for 1st place. If USD lost Seekamp and SDSU had Stevens back SDSU would be the favorite but USD gets back the conference players of the year and SDSU lost one of their top 3 post players. That made it a whole different race. Next year, SDSU will probably go 3-0 against USD because of what both teams lose.
                  First, we have to beat them at the conference tournament but that is my take on these two teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I just get weary of "if this,and when that happens" too much of the time this year against USD. Sure Seekamp's a good player,but she's only 1/5 on the court and she's no Ratchel Banham ,who we've played against and won, was Paluch and crew in awe......no. They also had 6'5 Amanda Zahui B (now in the WNBA) on that team,so don't even mention Fogg.

This teams got to quit being in awe of her and do something to stop her and the Yotes. Isn't this supposed to be the best ever team we've ever assembled? They've got to start showing they're deserving of that distinction. I'm hoping for the start we got last year against the Yotes in the SLT championship game.
                    Give it a year or two, and they may be. People forget how young this team is. In many ways we are playing with house money this year. I've always felt that the target for this group is when Miller is a junior and senior.

FYI, I would lay odds we beat USD in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      Give it a year or two, and they may be. People forget how young this team is. In many ways we are playing with house money this year. I've always felt that the target for this group is when Miller is a junior and senior.

FYI, I would lay odds we beat USD in Sioux Falls.
                      I agree. Losing Stevens early hurt the depth a little but we got boever back which helped a bit. I think the ceiling for this group of players is still aways away. They have the potential to be a lot better. Other schools I think have maxed their potential. USD was lights out, we struggled most of the game but it was still down to the wire. They are good experienced seniors. They had to play great and still barely won.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        This needs to be repeated.

We have two seniors, neither of whom has been able to crack the starting lineup. Our leading scorers in Saturday's game were a true sophomore and a true freshman. Our MVP is a Sophomore and was not one of those two leading scorers. House money.

Comment

I've followed the Jackrabbits since they started playing in Div 1. I've been both impressed,and disillusioned at times.The high's are extremely high, like beating top 25 teams, all the trips to the NCAA's, the 9 pts in 27 seconds comeback against Arkansas last year, coming back from the brink of defeat not once but two times in the win against UNI this year.

There have been some inexplicable lows with no apparent rhyme or reason as to why also. Just to site a couple of examples,losing to a DeHann era NDSU at Frost (?) one yr ,and of course to them last year, as well as Denver. But the biggest low, in my opinion, came against Cincinnati in a tournament where we scored 4 pts for an entire half. We missed being in the NCAA record book with that dubious distinction by one pt.

All said,the highs out weigh the lows,and they are fun to watch play and why I'll always look forward to each beginning to a new season regardless of how any particular season ends.I'm not jumping off the train yet,we can win these last two games and get ourselves well prepared to do battle for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow once more.Go Jacks.

Comment

USD is better than SDSU this year. Seekamp is the major factor, take her away and clearly SDSU is better. She's not going away.
                            You mean USD is going to find a way for her to be eligible again next year? No-ooooooooooo!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              You mean USD is going to find a way for her to be eligible again next year? No-ooooooooooo!

Where there is a will, there is a way. She is a never ending nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

well they do have a medical school, aspiring plastic surgeons could change her face (and a freshman with similar characteristics disappears), cloning is a big thing, little seekamps forever, modern medicine.

Comment

Working...
                                X