Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turf on New Field

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    We should probably just go back to using leather helmets and cotton jerseys too. (Sarcasm. I'll save you the hassle, Nidaros )

Like others have said, it's not practical to have a grass field when you're not the only team playing on it. Also, it's not practical to have a grass field when we live in a climate where grass doesn't even grow for part of the football season!
    Like I told snarky JackGuyII, don't give a s$it about what we use.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Reality. Why continue to lament about a grass field. That ship has sailed. Team practices on turf and I'm sure is more comfortable playing on it.
      Because there is new information out about the health and safety of some current fake turf being installed around the country. Which was the whole point of the string.

Comment

Outside the Lines had a segment about this topic:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/video/14787...etic-turf-wars

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Because there is new information out about the health and safety of some current fake turf being installed around the country. Which was the whole point of the string.
          I saw the Outside the Lines piece on ESPN on the turf issue. Really a pretty scary deal. There appears to be some pretty compelling evidence that crumb rubber fields increase the occurrence of cancer for athletes who use these fields.

Comment

Yeah I saw some stuff about the Women's National Team for soccer playing on turf. I used to be a pretty big proponent of it (I'm sure I got into long, stupid arguments on here about it), but lots of evidence is saying grass is much better. The unfortunate thing is that SDSU hasn't showed the ability to actually keep grass in top quality.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Safety is one thing. Arguing because SDSU is an AG school we must have grass is another.

Comment

Working...
              X