Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @Omaha Mavericks

What a terrible shot by Bittle.

UNO will be very dangerous in the SLT if they shoot like they did tonight.

On to USD at Frost.

Comment

Final: Omaha 96, SDSU 92.

Jacks drop a tough one. Jacks shoot 52% but give up 59% shooting.

Tough loss. 17 turnovers killed them.

Comment

Credit to Omaha. No one was beating them on that court tonight. A wounded animal is the most dangerous, and after last week that's exactly what they were. Impressive. The Jacks put on quite an offensive show, however. You can't ask for more as a fan.

Comment

Knew this would be a tough one. Still probably should have pull this one out.

We'll get them in Sioux Falls if it comes to that.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I have a bad feeling about most of your posts. Doesn't it suck to be a pessimist for life?
            Gotta admit, I get pretty down in the dumps. If things take a turn for the worse I'll probably start trying to sell gambling picks on twitter. I'm not that far yet, though.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Jeepers, It's a bummer Telly's coming back party was spoiled by UNO. Hope he's back for good. I wasn't able to watch the game though, other than to hear Telly's hit 7 threes and Daum had 20 some.......how did Marshall and Parks do?

I didn't think SDSU could be beat when 3 of those 4 were on.....
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Jeepers, It's a bummer Telly's coming back party was spoiled by UNO. Hope he's back for good. I wasn't able to watch the game though, other than to hear Telly's hit 7 threes and Daum had 20 some.......how did Marshall and Parks do?

I didn't think SDSU could be beat when 3 of those 4 were on.....
                Defense was lacking. Marshall had 18 points and 8 assists. Parks had 15 points and 6 rebounds.

Jacks lost the game at the FT line. Jacks were 11-12 from the line, but Omaha was 19-29.

Nagy said he was "embarrassed" after the game to give up 92 and lose.

Comment

I thought the speed of their guards caused problems for Parks and Marshall on both ends of the court. Combined with the overall athleticism of some of their players they definitely dictated the pace of the game. The more aggressive team won tonight.

I also thought the refs were horrible. Not so much in favor of any team but just ruined the pace of the game with all the fouls. It definitely hurt with Theisen and Daum in foul trouble, I think we could have posted them up all night long on the inside but we lost our aggressiveness due to the officiating. In fairness to the officials we did look a step slow a lot and that didn't help us either.

Comment

I watched the second half on dvr and it was bad. We must not have gotten many rebounds at all. Thurman pushed off telly who was in position to get the basket late to go up 2. Then they flop on parks he didn't lower shoulder or push off. That's a joke refs. Scored over 90 but when uno is hot from 3 not much you can do.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Gotta admit, I get pretty down in the dumps. If things take a turn for the worse I'll probably start trying to sell gambling picks on twitter. I'm not that far yet, though.
                      Lol, you must be jealous. I probably make more doing that, which is supplemental income, than you do with your primary income. I can't wait for your eternal pessimist reply.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Defense was lacking. Marshall had 18 points and 8 assists. Parks had 15 points and 6 rebounds.

Jacks lost the game at the FT line. Jacks were 11-12 from the line, but Omaha was 19-29.

Nagy said he was "embarrassed" after the game to give up 92 and lose.
                        I feel like the biggest difference was their ability to create turnovers. Hollins is a very good defensive player, so good at creating turnovers, and fun to watch on offense with his driving and passing abilities. We gave up too many turnovers and more importantly, too many points off turnovers. They got us to play their game, credit to them, hopefully we learn from it because I think they are the 2nd best team in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I feel like the biggest difference was their ability to create turnovers. Hollins is a very good defensive player, so good at creating turnovers, and fun to watch on offense with his driving and passing abilities. We gave up too many turnovers and more importantly, too many points off turnovers. They got us to play their game, credit to them, hopefully we learn from it because I think they are the 2nd best team in the Summit.
                          In the end there was only a one turnover difference. But because many of the Jacks turnovers were out on the perimeter, Omaha had a lot of break-out opportunities where they had number advantages that allowed them to convert them into points. You have to wonder if Jake Bittle is 100%. His first couple games back he looked great, but in the last two games he has been 2-11 shooting and has been turning the ball over. He wasn't great defensively last night either, but he had a tough match-up guarding a smaller, really quick guard. Hopefully he can get back to what he showed in the ORU and USD games.

Comment

Tough loss. I have confidence we will regroup.

Comment

Credit to Omaha. After attending abandoned IUPUI games where shuttle bus passengers encouraged us to turn around and go to a Butler game, WIU games where asked students had no idea where the field house was, and ORU where the atmosphere was akin to an abandoned church, this place had actual crowd noise and even a few students. Didn't like to lose but the venue was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                                Credit to Omaha. After attending abandoned IUPUI games where shuttle bus passengers encouraged us to turn around and go to a Butler game, WIU games where asked students had no idea where the field house was, and ORU where the atmosphere was akin to an abandoned church, this place had actual crowd noise and even a few students. Didn't like to lose but the venue was nice.
                                Agreed. Baxter is a nice place and decent atmosphere. Much easier to get to than the old field house.

Comment

Working...
                                X